Public Holiday May 1st - May 5th

Tywais

On another site I found that May 3 is celebrated by Theravada Buddhism as Buddha’s Birth, Enlightenment and Demise Anniversary.

If it's a full-moon, it may be a "Wan Phra" day/night.

Wan Phra and Visakha Bucha dates are determined by the Thai lunar calendar, patithin chanthrakhati: Visakha Bucha is on June 1 this year.

~o:37;

Another one of the frequent multi-day holidays in a wonderful country where the enjoyment of life takes precedence over the drudgery of having to work for a living.

Enjoy.

Excellent post

Farongs live to work Thais work live.

It for the most part is the Farongs who want Thailand to forge ahead drop their culture and be materialistic.

Family ties mean nothing.

Northern John, with respect, you must know by now that the correct transliteration of the Thai term for a Westerner or Caucasian is "farang" and not "farong"... please!

Another one of the frequent multi-day holidays in a wonderful country where the enjoyment of life takes precedence over the drudgery of having to work for a living.

Enjoy.

Excellent post

Farongs live to work Thais work live.

It for the most part is the Farongs who want Thailand to forge ahead drop their culture and be materialistic.

Family ties mean nothing.

Northern John, with respect, you must know by now that the correct transliteration of the Thai term for a Westerner or Caucasian is "farang" and not "farong"... please!

Farang only applies to a caucasian not westerner.

looks like the THB has lost 1% of its value over this magnificent holiday. Tomorrow might be interesting at the currency exchanges. Some might celebrate an increase in their credit card limit, others would proclaim 3% down mortgages are the best thing since the wheel....others know better...it all has a cost. I was happy to see BKK Bank at KSK open, yesterday. I will forgive them for botching my wire transfer 7 years ago; very consistent service, with a smile. Interest rates are another topic.