Thai Smile Air tickets one more thing you can now buy at 7-Eleven

webfact

Thai Smile Air tickets one more thing you can now buy at 7-Eleven
By Coconuts Bangkok

7121129507_9cd96746e4_z.jpg

BANGKOK: -- In the future we will all work at 7-Eleven without pay because 7-Eleven will provide everything we need.

Until then, the ubiquitous convenience store, where you can buy practically anything while paying your electricity bill and phone bill, has added another product: airline tickets.

Under a new agreement with Counter Services Co., the company which provides payment services at all 7-Eleven stores, Thai Smile Air will now be added to the list of things you can pay for.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/04/21/thai-smile-air-tickets-one-more-thing-you-can-now-buy-7-eleven

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-04-21

• Like 1

I would have thought this would slow down service/waiting times and frustrate staff and customers. But to my suprise, USUALLY, it requires a quick scan of the barcode on the bill and payment and you are off in no time.

However this is not so on occasion that the barcode will not scan. Expect a 10 minute wait as young staff members flit around jabbering to each other and running around in circles before they finally call the manager up to come and put the numbers in manually.

I was also suprised you can pay phone bill/internet account by just telling the staff member your phone number...dont need any bill.

I guess since other big companies offer these same services and with the sheer numbers of 7/11s spread around everywhere, the incidence of someone having to pay a bill doesnt happen that frequently

• Like 1

If the barcode printout is readable this will not be a big issue.

If the barcode can not be scanned they will type the digits and thats it.

It was a major disadvantage of ThaiSmile that you could only pay with debit/credit card while ThaiAirways tickets could be paid at the ATM.

Good move.

Sure I hope not too many people want to do the actual booking at 7/11 (entering all the data).

Then better move on rolleyes.gif

I browsed through the domestic flight schedules for the oncoming months.

Some major reshuffle to be expected.

E,.g, Khon Kaen:

Thai Airways will give up the route and ThaiSmile will take over.

ThaiSmile will serve Suvarnabhumi (too).

No press release so far, so some uncertainty included.

Air Asia tickets can also be paid for at the 7/11, you make the booking online and then you have to pay within I believe 3 hours.

4 hours.

Booking will be held for 4 hours only.

AirAsia: a bit tight.

Thai Airways has a 24 hours period for ATM payment.

Thaismile has a 12 hour period for counter payment (just checked with a test booking)

Thaismile payment (not booking) can be done at multiple counter payment channels, as seen here:

post-99794-0-49746600-1429671721_thumb.j

Direct debit is the most attractive for me, as I can book and pay without lifting my ... from the chair tongue.png

The fee for payment at the counter is 30 Baht (for ticket upto 30000 Baht), 60 Baht for upto 60000 Baht, 90 Baht for upto 90000 Baht.

The printout for counter payment is in Thai language only, but the essential info (name/date/time/booking nr) can be found.

Edited by KhunBENQ

AGAIN this is a warning to anyone over 5' 6" (168cm) tall,, thai smile has very cramped seating.. other than that the 1 and only time i flew thai smile it seemed to be ok.

172 cm is also OK tongue.png I would fly them again anytime.

I have no experience with Nok or AirAsia on domestic, but guess there will not be much more space?

Remember: they are low cost carriers and the flighttimes are in the 1h range.