Pattaya prepares for Summer Thunderstorm from China

webfact

Pattaya prepares for Summer Thunderstorm from China

bridge-1.jpg?72ac30

PATTAYA: -- Parts of Northern Thailand are currently in the grips of a Summer Thunderstorm which originated as a High Pressure system form China, and Pattaya is expected to feel the effects in the next few days which is why the local authorities decided to demolish a bridge over a canal which is quickly being cleared so as not to cause flooding in Pattaya.

The Deputy Mayor ordered the demolition of the bridge over the canal, which runs through parts of South Pattaya and is a key outlet for rainwater which can then flow harmlessly into the sea.

The local authorities are concerned over a weather warning issued by the Thai Meteorological Department concerning the high possibility of severe rainstorms in the Pattaya area between 22nd and 25th April.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/186092/pattaya-prepares-for-summer-thunderstorm-from-china/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-04-22

they need to create at least 10 of these "storm drains" right across the city running east to west and into the sea open and unobstructed, the only way they will ever solve the floods but will never happen as it is way too sensible

If they are knocking things down in preparation for summer thunderstorms, maybe the walkway along Beach Rd should be considered as that will be happening anyhow!

The real problem areas, Bua Khao, 3rd Rd/Klang , Jamiesons area, will flood as normal.

I'm taking bets that the bridge will be rebuilt in 6 months by that cousin twice-removed who needs a break. It will be done, of course, during the rainy season to ensure maximum mess and disruption, which will have to be cleaned up by another cousin twice-removed whose Chivas Regal stocks are running low. :)

So knocking down an illegal bridge is the only preparation Pattaya City Hall is doing before these thunderstorms arrive! I would have thought cleaning out every gutter and storm drain of all the construction sand, plastic bags and cartons and all the other general rubbish that is deposited daily, would be a better plan of action. Sorry, what am I thinking ... that's a far to logical approach ... it's been the same for the last 15 years and more, why would it change any time soon!

• Like 1

So knocking down an illegal bridge is the only preparation Pattaya City Hall is doing before these thunderstorms arrive! I would have thought cleaning out every gutter and storm drain of all the construction sand, plastic bags and cartons and all the other general rubbish that is deposited daily, would be a better plan of action. Sorry, what am I thinking ... that's a far to logical approach ... it's been the same for the last 15 years and more, why would it change any time soon!

They only did that five or six years ago ,give them a break , still room for a few more years rubbish yet,

• Like 1

Well it was a real storm this time , I was on my way to a car wash but I could hardly drive and on Sukhumvit debris from a building ended up in the middle of the road creating chaos and full stop near soi Chaiyapruek . My car was dirty but no need to wash the car today , the storm took care of that.

Demolishing bridges stops flooding? New one on me !!!!. Clearing and opening and creating new channels may be more realistic in achieving what needs to be done. Doh !!!!!

Didn't anyone learn anything from what happened in Bkk and other nearby areas in 2011?

Maybe they could get the Navy in Sattahip to start up a few ships to force the water away from Pattaya and Jomtien, to create more space in the sea to accommodate the fluvial waters????.

Soz, Guys, Just a totally late at night random thought process, after a few beers, but I do not get paid loads of tea money to think like this, so who cares ????

But however, some in control of such matters do get paid tea money maak maak, I suspect, to come up with such obvious ( cough !! ) solutions without, one suspects needing a few beers to come up with such amazingly radical solutions to such problems. 5555 w00t.gif

Edited by daiwill60