Travelling during the yearly married person visa renewal process

I've completed the application process for the renewal of my married person visa and the result date is set for next month.

Since then I have been asked to travel on and around that date for some personal matters.

Is it possible and likely the visa people will move the result date a few days earlier or later?

Yep, what Joe said!

Last year, I had a conflicting doctors appointment on the date I was scheduled for my visa extention " approval".

I phoned immigration a week early and explained and asked if I could reschedule the date.

They told me that my extension had already been approved and that I could coe in a pick it up that day.

I did.

You can travel within the under consideration period you got after applying for an extension of stay based upon marriage (it is not a visa)..

If leaving the country you can get a re-entry permit that will be valid up to the report back date,

The will not give anymore days for the report back date. Often the extension is approved prior to the report back date. You can check with immigration to see if it is done yet.

Unless it suits them. When I went back for mine the IO that did marriage extensions hadn't turned up and the boss asked if we would come back the following week. We declined and said we would wait it out, the IO in question turned up about 2 hours later.

Hi Sandyf,

thanks for your info, my understanding is there is a difference between appearing a few days late but remaining in the country and trying to get back into the country a few days late. The former doesn't seem to be such an issue where as the latter would be because the stamp would have already expired and entry would be denied.

Hi Sandyf,

thanks for your info, my understanding is there is a difference between appearing a few days late but remaining in the country and trying to get back into the country a few days late. The former doesn't seem to be such an issue where as the latter would be because the stamp would have already expired and entry would be denied.

Quite right, a problem with re entry.

In my case it was purely down to a staffing issue, but an indication that it cannot be that important.

Just want to say to everyone out there: if you need help negotiating the minefield that is Thai immigration, then ubonjoe is your man. He's helped me and he's helped sabdart.

Actually your local immigration office is the best place to go.Wrong or right,they will tell you were you stand in the minefield.No good telling them"but UbonJoe said....."Luckily mine are more than helpful and no tea money.

You can travel within the under consideration period you got after applying for an extension of stay based upon marriage (it is not a visa)..

If leaving the country you can get a re-entry permit that will be valid up to the report back date,

The will not give anymore days for the report back date. Often the extension is approved prior to the report back date. You can check with immigration to see if it is done yet.

Unless it suits them. When I went back for mine the IO that did marriage extensions hadn't turned up and the boss asked if we would come back the following week. We declined and said we would wait it out, the IO in question turned up about 2 hours later.

So you got it on the day it was due.Maybe his mum,dad,wife,child,buffalo was sick.

So you got it on the day it was due.Maybe his mum,dad,wife,child,buffalo was sick.

You can add a few more, I think they are all female at Si Ratcha.