Translation of Birth cert

BeefSlapper

Hi, where in patts i can translate birth cert?

I need it in eng, for thai foreggin affairs ministry, they need stamp it, thai and eng one, then I have to take it to my embassy. So its need to be good enough, I dont know need to be certified or something.

Im getting my nationality, for a baby.

Thx

Chang Wattana in Bangkok is the official stamp which the UK embassy will recognise.

Most lawyers in Pattaya will do the translation for you, and then take it to Bangkok to get the official stamp.

About 1500 baht all in

I use the lawyer in Soi Khow Noi, just before the railway tracks heading towards Sukumvit.

• Like 1

Also, my son has a Thai birth certificate but he's not Thai - mother is from Laos and I'm British. Would I need to involve the Thai ministry in getting his birth certificate translated for a UK passport application?

Edited by brewsterbudgen

Also, my son has a Thai birth certificate but he's not Thai - mother is from Laos and I'm British. Would I need to involve the Thai ministry in getting his birth certificate translated for a UK passport application?

Indeed Sir

It's the official stamp from MFA that is required.

• Like 1

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_nationality_law#Children_born_abroad_after_1982_to_a_British_mother_or_a_British_father_before_or_after_1983