Dress like a lord of Ayutthaya and get a discount

webfact

Dress like a lord of Ayutthaya and get a discount
By Coconuts Bangkok

thaicostume.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Shoppers Thai and foreign alike who bravely sport traditional Thai costumes will save some baht and get up to 80 percent special discounts at big franchise malls as the latest campaign in the name of “Thainess.”

Since wearing nostalgic costumes became a Twitter trend, the Tourism Authority of Thailand has asked retailers such as Central and The Mall Group to offer special discount coupons and vouchers to those who show up in their Thai traditional costume, according to spokesman Sugree Sithivanich.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/04/23/dress-lord-ayutthaya-and-get-discount

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-04-23

The first story on this used the words ' could get ' in respect of discounts.

Would it not be better to wait until the stores named agree to this promotion ?

Oh silly me, speaking first and thinking second is how it's done !

what discount will i get if i wear the proverbial "Emperor's new clothes"? huh.png

100 thb. Oh wait, that's what you have to pay.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/817781-briton-fined-bt100-for-walking-naked-in-bangkok-on-songkran-day/page-4

So it WAS Naam!

nah...! i'd never embarass or shock any males by showing myself naked. we Klingons have all vital organs double. that also applies to our peckers and their attachments.

• Like 1

Nobody seemed to notice they said up to 80% discount. The only way for those places to do this is to take huge losses OR increase their ticket prices then offer the discounts of their increased pricing. I am betting nobody in those malls are willing to risk losing money and profits just to appease TAT. So I'm betting they raised their prices then offer a discount to that.

what discount will i get if i wear the proverbial "Emperor's new clothes"? huh.png

100 thb. Oh wait, that's what you have to pay.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/817781-briton-fined-bt100-for-walking-naked-in-bangkok-on-songkran-day/page-4

So it WAS Naam!

nah...! i'd never embarass or shock any males by showing myself naked. we Klingons have all vital organs double. that also applies to our peckers and their attachments.

So, you do have your peckerdiloes.rolleyes.gif

Weren't a lot of women topless in "Traditional Thai Costume" ? whistling.gif

10154216_10152078360819220_9096416509081

Apparently not, as your poignant posting shows.

The large heading says "Thai culture". then above the left-hand side - "Don't do this! Dressing like this is not the way of the civilized Thais". And on the right - "Do this! Civilised Thais dress like this."

Underneath the pictures, in case you didn't get the message first time - "You must stop dressing like this!" and "Start dressing like this!" both with the "hey <deleted> this is an order" grammar particle....

Awesome stuff.

• Like 1

My question firts is really waht is Thai Culture and what is really Thai Traditional Thai Dressings. Will the buffoons at the various Ministries please answer this first!

next, the idiots at the TAT who came upwith this should be named and then sacked!

Will you also

get your sentenced reduced by up to 80% if you show up in real traditional dress rather than the officially sanctioned court attire?

Now that's the look I like, should be mandatory for all under the age of 40 or maybe older under special circumstances.