Khon Kaen good hotel and farang breakfast?

Kenny202

Ok guys. Off to KK with the missus tomorrow. Anyone know a good clean budget hotel in central KK? Also somewhere for a nice steak and a good farang breakfast.

Anything else worth seeing their? Hear there's a good market.

Didn't need a hotel there but I highly recommend the night market. I think it goes most nights. Had some terrific live music performances on an outdoor stage. There was soccer on huge screen elsewhere with lots of people drinking from Chang ice towers. (That's how I'd describe them anyway). Good selection of foods and stuff for sale. Much better than Chiang Mai's IMO.

Other than that I thought KK sucked but it was my first week in SEA, ever.

Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid is excellent, central, about 45 quid night, big quality rooms, excellent breakfast, last time we stayed there was the excellent german restaurant which brews its own beers in the basement. We always reckon its the best value for money hotel in thailand (put it in one of the major tourist cities it would be double or more).

Yes, no doubt about it, the Pullman is possibly the best hotel in all of Thailand outside Bangkok.

Absolutely brilliant buffet breakfast, to suit all tastes, and keeps you going all day. This hotel is civilised living at its best.

Only downside is: there's Sweet FA to do in Khon Kaen. But if you are on one of the top floors of the Pullman, and just stare out of the window, you will get a good view of the sheer FLATNESS of Issan.

The last time I stayed in the Pullman (April 2012) it was $70-75 per night.

Now it is well over $100. Inflation? or price-gouging?

Still excellent value, even at this too-inflated (for KK) price.

Maybe you can just go to the hotel for breakfast...

By far Pullman hotel! The best in Khon Kaen. not cheap, but worth every baht.....

The breakfast buffet has it all from corn flakes to the chef standing there making your eggs or omelets after your choice....

Last time i was there i had breakfast for nearly 3 hours whistling.gif

Didn't need a hotel there but I highly recommend the night market. I think it goes most nights. Had some terrific live music performances on an outdoor stage. There was soccer on huge screen elsewhere with lots of people drinking from Chang ice towers. (That's how I'd describe them anyway). Good selection of foods and stuff for sale. Much better than Chiang Mai's IMO.

Other than that I thought KK sucked but it was my first week in SEA, ever.

What a terrible boring place that KK night market is. Same same same............ same as all other markets anywhere in Thailand. zzzzzzzzzzzz

try panwalee villa not to far( but not realy walking every day distance) from center new hotel great rooms mine still had plastic on the power points feb 2015 550 bah a night walk out front gate turn left 100 mtr top little food market for that price you will have a lot of spending money to eat and drink try you just cannot go wrong cheers

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Mai Thai guesthouse. Owned by Ron from York, England. Very welcoming. Lovely clean place. Full English breakfasts. Can't remember price but well under 1,000 baht.

http://www.maithaiguesthouse.com/

I agree Mai Tai and Ron and Company is a great place. I think prices are like 650 per night. I went there for drinks about two months ago, nice environment with small little swimming pool

• 1 month later...

Yes, no doubt about it, the Pullman is possibly the best hotel in all of Thailand outside Bangkok.

Yeah.........right.

Are you serious? The Pullman is a good stay in Isaan but getting old and dated. However, there are countless hotels in Phuket, Krabi, Koh Samui, Chiang Mai that put it to shame. But I will say it has an incredible lobby.

Are you serious? The Pullman is a good stay in Isaan but getting old and dated. However, there are countless hotels in Phuket, Krabi, Koh Samui, Chiang Mai that put it to shame. But I will say it has an incredible lobby.

Yep, one might call it one of the best in Isan, OK.

But it might have problems to compare with 5-star rated places in Europe e.g.

Thailand is bigger than Bangkok and Isan whistling.gif

Its quite a while that I have been in Khon Kaen (city).

Just found this interesting article about some cafe/food places in Isan (Khon Kaen):

http://bk.asia-city.com/travel/news/best-new-cafes-hotels-restaurants-isaan-northeast-thailand

The relatively new shopping centre "Hugz" seems to be a "trendy" place with some foodstuff.

Will have to have a look.

http://www.hugzmallkhonkaen.com/

Edited by KhunBENQ

Absolutely brilliant buffet breakfast, to suit all tastes, and keeps you going all day. This hotel is civilised living at its best.

Only downside is: there's Sweet FA to do in Khon Kaen. But if you are on one of the top floors of the Pullman, and just stare out of the window, you will get a good view of the sheer FLATNESS of Issan.

Whoa boy! It's the best hotel in Isaan, I suspect, but when it comes to Isaan 4/5 stars I'd rather stay in the cheaper Thohsang Kong Jiam overlooking the Mekong.

Outside Isaan there are handfuls of equally good and better hotels but with stunning beachside views and locations in seaside Thailand - from Hua Hin down to Phuket-Krabi.

What's the old Sofitel now called?

, Now called, the Pull,man ,indeed, a suitable name.

The quality farang /Alien can afford to stay , in this quality Hotel .

There are so many thai,,,, err, ladies , wating in the lounge and, outside the hotel,

She/He, can take care of the quality /wealthy , farang . TAT happy.

One stop shop , have every something, for take care kap,

same,same, as Centra hotel in Udon.

Why go to the Bars , unless you cheap charlie, kap. wai2.gif

Kosa , for dossers,

Edited by elliss