help, i think i get ripped off by this new apartment.

I just moved into this apartment in latphrao today. the rent for a 20 sqm studio is 6000 baht.

everything seems go soomth. until couple of hours later.

the electricity meter shown 5518 at 5pm, it goes up to 5551 at 8pm.

I tried switch off everything and the meter stop , as long as the aircon is on, the meter speed up like a crazy horse.

i called the landlord and she said it's probably due to very hot wheater and the compressor eat too much power.

no way! i stayed in many apartments before, older and bigger apartments don't even consume this kind of electricty

this is crazy, if i let this happen, the electricity bill at the end of the month could be triple the rent i paid.

what can i do, I'm so worry as I'm on a tight budget staying in Bangkok for 2 months.

post-12568-0-93494600-1429805370_thumb.j

post-12568-0-64569900-1429805583_thumb.j

Edited by Pujun

Make a note of the numbers on the other meters and see what happens in 24 hours time...

Does the air-con have a badge or plate ?

For example: A 1000 watt appliance, when used for 1 hour, should increment the meter by "1".

Edited by RandomSand

wait... is it 551.8 and 555.8 ?

not 5518 and 5558 ?

The last digit is clearly a decimal.

So your usage in 3 hours was 4 units. That would equate to 32 units per day or 130B. Which seems reasonable if you have the aircon on a cold setting, or if the aircon is old or dirty.

Reasonable?

Lostoday runs a 27.000 Btu aircon for a whole month on just double that amount. whistling.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/818435-i-must-be-missing-something/?p=9322526