When Immigration says "Don't worry" I worry

My friend went through this with his retirement extension and now I am going through the same thing for a work extension. We applied for our respective 1 year extensions and were given the 30 day consideration stamp with a date to return to Phuket Immigration. He went back week after week after week every time being told "Come next week". I too was given that response yesterday to which I replied "But my entry will expire tomorrow". The IO fervently replied "Don't worry, come next Friday". As I am kind of tense I tried to confirm he was saying basically "Yes, you are on overstay as of tomorrow, but don't worry about it" but he basically kept cutting me off and saying "come back next week". Sooo worry or don't worry??

• Like 1

I am going through the same thing for a work extension, But my entry will expire tomorrow

and your "under consideration" so don't worry, your entry doesn't expire tomorrow

instead of second guessing them, listen to what they are telling you "don't worry"

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

I am going through the same thing for a work extension, But my entry will expire tomorrow

and your "under consideration" so don't worry, your entry doesn't expire tomorrow

instead of second guessing them, listen to what they are telling you "don't worry"

Ok but my entry stamp and the under consideration stamp both expire today. Not sure why you think you know whats in my passport better then I do but anyway, if I get stopped for any other random reason and my passport is checked, it will rightly be interpreted as overstayed, correct?

Edited by ThaiWai

Ok but my entry stamp and the under consideration stamp both expire today. Not sure why you think you know whats in my passport better then I do but anyway, if I get stopped for any other random reason and my passport is checked, it will rightly be interpreted as overstayed, correct?

No, not correct. You're under consideration, which is standard operating procedure.

Don't worry.

• Like 1

The report back date on the under consideration stamp is just that. The stamp allows you to stay until you your extension is approved.

Nothing to worry about.

Edit: I have removed several posts to get this topic back on track. Time to start again.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry, but I would worry.

Legally should immigration stop you in the street you will be an overstayer after tomorrow

Scaremongering nonsense !

Feel all "good" and "clever" now do we ?

Take note of Ubonjoes post on this topic !

• Like 1

I've had the exact same half a year ago: "come back next week and don't worry".

The next week they said the same, and the week after I got my visa.

I believe all visa application are send to another location where they are approved by another team of immigration officers. And it appears they are not working quickly enough there.

Btw, it sucks to come back week after week, but when you tell the foreign immigration volunteer at the door you are only there to check if your visa is there already you can skip the queue and just walk up to one of the officers sitting at the desk doing nothing (I normally came 3 minutes before they opened, looked stunned how adults started pushing to be the first one in, and then skipped the queue completely and got out again under 3 minutes).

-> no need to worry, its normal procedure in Phuket

As UBONJOE is the resident expert on visa matters here I would take his advice and .......................NOT WORRY.

The way I would read it is that the " under consideration " stamp actually gives you an initial one month extension, and when finally approved you get a further 11 month extension .

The under consideration status is not an extension because if does not change your permit to stay date. The report back date is not a permitted to stay date it is what it is says it is.

If you applied for a one year extension that is what you get when it is approved because it starts from your current permit to stay date.

• Like 1

AFAIC. My interpretation of the 'under consideration ' passport notification.

It is not a 30 day extension. It is an unlimited time stamp that allows you to stay in Thailand with a report back to immigration date at which time they inform you whether you have been approved, denied or are still under consideration. If it is the latter then immigration will tell you return at a later date.

Personally, I was given 42 days under consideration as I applied 12 days before my extension expired this year. Providing it is approved, I will get an extension for 12 months starting from the expiry date of my last extension.

Don't worry! w00t.gif

Nobody reading this topic knows what stamps are in your passport because you did not post a picture of it.

Everybody who has applied for the same extension you described in the opening post of this topic knows what stamp you got when you applied.

Nevertheless, please scan your stamp and post it here so you will have the security of knowing that the people you gave you advice know what stamp you have.

I live in Kamphaeng Phet and the immigration office is in Nakon Sawan. They told me that my application for extension was under consideration and had to be sent to Bangkok for approval. This was because they didnt have the authority to ok the application for the line of employment I was seeking the extension for. I Got it back a week late but no problems with overstay or anything like that.

i am past my 90 day report date, i haven't received my notification slip for my passport, and i posted it 13 days before the due date.

But i have tracked my mail by EMS, and they have received it, i called them and they tell me its been done, and the notification was posted back on the 17th April. I haven't seen it yet, so to be on the safe side i have sent it all again, as i said, due date was 22nd...oops! Lost in the post maybe? I doubt whether you will see me with immo officers pointing at me, with my head bowed.

You'll be ok, but i know how you feel....you'll get used to it.

Why didn't you get mob.number of your officer for reference.I have number of top 3 at my office.

Sorry, but I would worry.

Legally should immigration stop you in the street you will be an overstayer after tomorrow

If you wont listen to immi,and you wont listen here,go ahead and worry,but what will that achieve but an early grave.Stay home and lock the doors!!!TIT.

Edited by louse1953