Business/Investment Plan 7M Baht

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, 100k per months would be 1.2m per year ...

That would be about 17% return on investment (annually).

Not impossible, but I can't think of any easy way in

current economy, specially in Thailand.

I think the Stock Market (US/EU, not thai) would be your best bet.

luudee

For 17-20% return you need to open your own business and for this you need to have your own drive/passion what you like. It's usually those areas you think are the least popular, provide excellent returns. But it's really up to you to decide what areas you are interested in.

Let me give you an example: if you are a teacher, maybe you invest into a school and can get good returns. If you are a farmer or like farming, you can invest into animal farming and make great returns, if you are into retail business, you can open your own shop and get good returns there etc.... But you need to explore any such areas yourself and decide what you want to do. As for real estate investment, you should not expect to get returns above 7-8%.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't know how some guys do their maths.

The 100,000 is slightly over 1.4% return.

don't forget X 12 months

100k times 12 months is 1.2 million out of your 7 million investment,

I think any wall street company would hire you if you could pull that off year after year.......

Only way I can see that happening is big gambles , and you can lose it all in the West and quicker in Thailand !

For 17-20% return you need to open your own business and for this you need to have your own drive/passion what you like.

That return running your own business may not really be 17-20%. You also have to take account of the salary you would have got had you spent your time working for someone else.

I know several people who run their own businesses here and their income per hour worked is very small indeed. I dare say some are more successful.

If there were a simple, easy way to make 100-150k/month here, then there wouldn't be any English teachers left in the country.

A lot of people think that a bar is the way to easy cash. Well it is, just not for who you were hoping it would be. I joked with a friend one night about why he didn't have a go-go like Baccara or Peppermint and he "huh'd" and replied that those clubs have to pull well over 2 mil/month just to pay the salaries and expenses. Of course a smaller place has lower costs, but lower revenue as well. Same guy also owns (leases) one of the (many) beer bars in one of the Simon complexes. He told me what that cost and I shook my head (sadly) as it seems you'd have to make almost a mil/month to break even (salaries/expenses and rent). Of course, the rent and expenses don't go down if there simply aren't any (paying) customers to fill the seats (but that's not a concern to the people that do the leasing - they get their money or their get their bar back and re-lease it to someone else).

As the old (very old) saying goes, if you want to make a small fortune in Thailand, start with a large one. Most high income options come with their own problems. High income employment (work permits/visa, qualifications, time and effort involved). High income business (company registration, trustworthy partners, fickle business models). High income "other" (which we don't discuss on TV but the downsides usually involve prison and/or death).

I've been hit up to invest in a number of ventures but it always seems to be the same thing. My cash and someone else's "time and effort". It's funny how many people seem to think it's a good deal for me to pay them to make money that they then keep for themselves ! Wow ! I should invest double in that and expect to get less than nothing in return ! Then it gets even more hilarious when they look at you and tell you that you don't know anything about "business" ! (I guess that explains why I have money in the bank and they don't.)

(I'm almost surprised that a bunch of different people haven't already offered to sell the OP half-interest in the various high-end business's that they don't actually own. This is the time of year when bar owners who were suckered into buying loser bars at the end of the last high season, now try and dump those same bars on starry-eyed new arrivals with tropical dreams and bulging bank accounts, before they learn what "low season" means !)

Taking a risk of guessing wrong here. But you are probably a rather old guy maybe between 60-70 years old. My suggestion for what it is worth... try to start to enjoy the world and your life before it is way too late....

Devide your 7 miljons in monthly payout to yourself. get laid a couple of times each month, eat good and have your pints of beer. And just enjoy for God sake.....

Life is short remember that!!

Glegolo

Hang onto your money carefully, most who start where you are coming from wind up broke within months

If you are an experienced investor stock markets can be kind, but do not use third parties they will take your money and keep it

Bars and guest houses are notoriously bad or difficult

In reality if you want a lot of money or reasonable money in thailand, bring it with you

this is the place for spending not making, go work off shore and come here and enjoy

good luck

An Internet "cafe" targeting very young people looks like a good business. I see all full of teens all day...and just attended by one person....But...location and equipment installation and service is very important. Good thing..do not need much personal work.

If I had the money...that will be the business to look on. Easy to run and a money maker. Better than laundry paid machines.

With a million bath you can have your own 7/11 ....but again..location and staff it is fundamental, and requires some personal work. It is not very profitable, but it is secure and also easy to run like most franchises.

I could put you in contact with a lady friend of mine... for 4K Baht / day (including 24h coverage for all your needs) whe would be more than happy to develop a business plan how to make 120K return per month... including a short time investment into a house... she thinks after no more than one year, you will not any more need to worry about your investment returns... tongue.png

1. Got a work permit?

2. Don't invest a single penny you can't afford to lose.

3. With so much money, you could easily afford to invest in humanitarian projects and/or wildlife and other environmental projects.

You can't take your money to the grave, but you can help improve the lot of others, and even feel good doing it.