Asia News Network editors agree to tighter collaboration

Lite Beer

Asia News Network editors agree to tighter collaboration
THE NATION
TOKYO

30258747-01_big.jpg

Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga, second from right, with editors and publishers from the Asia News Network

TOKYO: -- EDITORS from member media of the Asia News Network have agreed to integrate their respective newsrooms further on news exchanges and combined reporting on Asia.

ANN, an alliance of 21 media in 19 Asian countries, wrapped up its two-day meeting with a session with Yoshihide Suga, Japan's chief cabinet secretary.

The Nation is a founding member of the Asia News Network.

The meeting was chaired by the managing editor of The Japan News, Takashi Sadahiro, with opening remarks by Shoichi Oikawa, executive adviser and senior deputy editor-in-chief of Yomiuri Shimbun Holdings.

"I believe it is important for us as media companies based in Asia to share information and commentary on a broader scale, learn from each other and report accurately," said Oikawa, who is also editor-in-chief of The Japan News.

The annual meeting of the ANN board of editors was supported by the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Media Programme (Asia) and represented the Leading European Newspaper Alliance, Star Alliance and Konrad Adenauer Asian Centre for Journalism.

"ANN editors are committed to expand and enhance coverage of news on Asia as changes are taking place at unprecedented pace.

"Local readers in each Asian country need to be well informed through traditional as well as digital and social media platforms," said Pana Janviroj, executive director of ANN.

The editors resolved to hold the next annual meeting in Beijing, to be hosted by China Daily, whose editor-in-chief Zhu Ling was elected as the new ANN chairman.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Asia-News-Network-editors-agree-to-tighter-collabo-30258747.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-25

Say What? lost in translation I think they mean which lies are best used to make people believe we know what the Hell we are doing. Maybe they can learn how to spell and use of English so people can understand what the hell there talking about. My Thai is terrible but I don't pretend I speak Thai well.