Pies In Thailand

London Pies very good and consistent product for pies, pasties, scotch eggs, sausage rolls etc. as well as some sausages and bacon http://www.londonpiebangkok.com/. Full meals can also be ordered via Food Panda https://www.foodpanda.co.th/restaurant/t4aw/london-pie?

Bunters also very good for pies, but not a fan of their sausages burgers etc. http://www.buntersfoodsbkk.com/

Both very good value for money

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The best pies I have ever had are from Yorkies the Bucher in Pattaya they sell wholesale to shops you can also go into Friendship Supermarket South Rd they have a large fridge just for pies. Yorkies will put your orders on a bus to BBK. Full range of pies, Pork, S/Kid, sausage rolls Cornish, meat/potatoe etc.

I don't see the appeal of these (I accept it is all about personal taste) but I begrudge paying 90 Baht for a small 'tasteless' pork pie that is dry and total lacking in aspic jelly. There are far better quality pies available in Pattaya and for value the Buriram Pieman's pork pie is double the size and only 70 Baht - more importantly it has a decent taste and adequate aspic.

Have to agree that for value and taste, Buriram pies win hands down, meat or fruit.

Lady Pies at Villa also good value but pricey compared to Buriram but equally tasty.

Butcher in Pattaya is nowhere near the quality of either and service is curt and unfriendly, IMHO.

Pies, and peoples tastes, vary according to countries of origin.

The Brits like their style of pork pies and Cornish pasties and us Australians like our varieties of meat pies. It's not a matter of which is best, but what most suits an individual. Personally, I get more than enough pork in my diet in Thailand without seeking pies full of gelatinous pork!

And, I don't know how anyone can declare that a particular product is the best in Thailand without conducting taste tests and comprehensive surveys.

The OP did ask about English style pies for his clientele, and I guess he has been given some good information for him to use. It also seems most suppliers will deliver anywhere in the country.

My missus has opened a new shop selling Cornish pasties in the beer garden in W-district. That's just up from Phrakhanong skytrain, behind the big condo building with the zeppelin bar on the top (skywalk?).

They are home-made to my dear old mum's recipe. I think they are great (obviously), but the feedback from the other customers has been good as well so far.

Either PM me or come along and try one, to see what you think. Its called Miss Doreen Cornish Pasties.

She doesn't open on Monday's but is open from 18:00 to 23:30 every other night of the week.

Deffo personal taste and each to their own, me? I just like Pies... (Hot Mince Beef & Onion from Robinsons and cold Jellied Pork from Howarth's, both unfortuntaly traditional local family bakeries in North Manchester England) Best pie I've had in Patong/LOS was a few years ago about 2008, use to go the Bar on the Hill think it was called? Hasipee Rd (Top Road above Nanai Rd) they use to have great hand made pork pies and good farang grub when you got the urge and nothing else will do. Dont know if is still open, every time i been passed on me bike it looks closed. Some of the Ozzie pies are good enough though around Phuket (from above posts prob from same sources)

Edited by Lokie

Thanks...Any recommendations for BKK Patts? Burriram and Korat sounds a bit far for delivery. I Will contact them though to find out...

Buriram will put it on a bus and let you know the bus number and arrival time.

He will even phone the driver to check his progress.

Curries and pies are large.

I don't eat much meat but have the cheese and onion pasties.

Only complaint is they too big

I make my own pies for personal use, can get the self raising pastry from the freezers in Makro but can't seem to find the other pastry here in thailand for making the base of the pies, I know some don't use a base, only the foil bases, but my preference for meat pies is to use a base,,, incidentally a recommendation I'd make for good meat pies is the baguette in cha am or hua hin

I work for a Smithfield butcher back in London, but am on a 3 month break with mrs TF at the moment.

4 years ago the last time I was out here for over 3 years near the end of my stay I found a good family run business towards the outskirts of BKK on on nut rd. sadly the fella that owed the business had just passed away and his thai wife was not sure if she was going to keep on running the outlet. Would appreciate it if anyone has any info.

As for the London pie company, likewise, what's his background info etc........?

Cheers, tigerfishjanny.

fishy....I have eaten at the Ekkamai branch of London Pie....and its not bad.

Had better in London of course at that market sarf of the river which you consider to be a bit naff....but them's the breaks....for a Smithfield lad you will find it alright.

My missus has opened a new shop selling Cornish pasties in the beer garden in W-district. That's just up from Phrakhanong skytrain, behind the big condo building with the zeppelin bar on the top (skywalk?).

They are home-made to my dear old mum's recipe. I think they are great (obviously), but the feedback from the other customers has been good as well so far.

Either PM me or come along and try one, to see what you think. Its called Miss Doreen Cornish Pasties.

She doesn't open on Monday's but is open from 18:00 to 23:30 every other night of the week.

Your pasties are good.....but stop telling the teachers from On Nut about this haven....mind you they could come and eat the American pizza guy out of business with free samples! biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I make my own pies for personal use, can get the self raising pastry from the freezers in Makro but can't seem to find the other pastry here in thailand for making the base of the pies, I know some don't use a base, only the foil bases, but my preference for meat pies is to use a base,,, incidentally a recommendation I'd make for good meat pies is the baguette in cha am or hua hin

i bake all my own pies,pork,beef&onion,corned beef and steak,i make most with hot water crust pastry.

60% all purpose,and 40% bread flour.

for the mixture pork fat rendered down,unsalted butter and water brought to the boil,mix with the flour and cool.

i use the foil pie dishes from makro[aro] you will find its easy to mould from the base to the top of the dish.great pastry.

In Pattaya I have tried nearly all of them, Yorkies, Western Meat Wholesale, Simons.......and reckon Bowmans are the best for meat or fruit pies.

As to Pork Pies people seem to be able to make the pastry but the filling is some minced monstrosity .

Pasties I have yet to find a good, one all fail on the pastry and most fail on the filling, again some minced rubbish. Having made pasties in the UK the problem I have here is making the pastry in such a hot climate and I am not willing to bring the kitchen temp down to 18deg C just for a pasty. Having been taught in Cornwall by an ageing Cornish lady, I do know how to make a pasty

In Pattaya I have tried nearly all of them, Yorkies, Western Meat Wholesale, Simons.......and reckon Bowmans are the best for meat or fruit pies.

As to Pork Pies people seem to be able to make the pastry but the filling is some minced monstrosity .

Pasties I have yet to find a good, one all fail on the pastry and most fail on the filling, again some minced rubbish. Having made pasties in the UK the problem I have here is making the pastry in such a hot climate and I am not willing to bring the kitchen temp down to 18deg C just for a pasty. Having been taught in Cornwall by an ageing Cornish lady, I do know how to make a pasty

Get your wooly socky out Rab and make us a proper pasty! tongue.png

Star bakery in Pattaya - they do a pie which is liver and bacon which I hear is to be avoided, but they do mince n onion, steak n kidley and their chicken n mushroom are supposed to be orgasmic. 55baht but you have to order 10. And they personalise with your bar name/initials for free

Their number is 0943215263

Star bakery in Pattaya - they do a pie which is liver and bacon which I hear is to be avoided, but they do mince n onion, steak n kidley and their chicken n mushroom are supposed to be orgasmic. 55baht but you have to order 10. And they personalise with your bar name/initials for free

Do they have a shop where I could go view the merchandise ?

Do they have a shop where I could go view the merchandise ?

Im not sure if they work out of a kitchen only or have a shop, but Im sure if you give them a call they will be happy to talk to you. There are some fussy people out here when it comes to food and the remarks of how good they are come from these kind of folk :)

I have nothing to do with the company, just passing on good remarks, but as I say, maybe avoid the liver one . . .

I must admit despite the abundance of hairy pies and hairy crabs here, there is a definite lack of good old fashioned pies. I don't know if any of you have bought the frozen filth from the rather overpriced Rim Ping supermarkets but these are a total disgrace, eating dog faeces would be a preferred option, absolute filth!

Just how many of these pie makers operate with FDA approved premises?

I have regularly been inside the premises of two of the manufacturers in Pattaya and they looked a darn sight cleaner than 99% of the food stalls parked in the vehicle exhaust zone alongside the roads.

I had this chicken and mushroom pie yesterday in Cafe Pitini on Soi Bukhaow, Pattaya. Very tasty with good amount of chicken and tasty sauce. Soggy bottom I'm afraid but I think that was down to the heating method as opposed to the cooking.

17388878815_ff5417cd2e_b.jpg

I had this chicken and mushroom pie yesterday in Cafe Pitini on Soi Bukhaow, Pattaya. Very tasty with good amount of chicken and tasty sauce. Soggy bottom I'm afraid but I think that was down to the heating method as opposed to the cooking.

17388878815_ff5417cd2e_b.jpg

Baked Beans have been known to cause a soggy bottom cheesy.gif

P.S. Anyone know where to buy frozen chips like the ones in the pic in Pattaya, sick of french fries or crinkle cut?

Edited by RabC