No-rejection ‘All Thai Taxi’ service rolls out Monday

Lite Beer

Well, again guys, it's where you choose to live. I can get a Tuk Tuk to anywhere in Hatyai for B40-80

True that and I can get bombed in any bar in BKK and survive too. Just saying it is about choices But as far as Taxi's If I want to be ripped off I go to Vegas. They do it royally.

Taxis in Vegas use a meter. The fares are super high, but metered. You want to get ripped off....go to Moscow. Or Vietnam. Or Cairo....

Vietnam has GRABTAXI nowadays. easy to avoid rip-offs

As long as you've got a SIM in your phone that works there, you're not arriving late at night at the airport, or if they even respond at all. We tried it a bit ago in Bangkok. After waiting over an hour, we gave up. Tried using one of these here in Pattaya, nobody every came.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems they're having technical issues, not surprisingly, with their Android app.

When I searched for it in the Google Play store by name, couldn't find it.

When I clicked the link for it off the ATT website, it brought me to the app's page, but said it was incompatible with my mobile phone -- and that was even when I was running a Thai-location VPN on my mobile at the time.

Then, when I checked the user comments for the app, A LOT of Thai language posts complaining about the app and giving only 1 or 2 star ratings, saying they couldn't log in or register or get it to work.

I think the issue is that its only available in the Thai version of the Google Play store. Which seems a bit of an oversight when expats in Bangkok could form a large part of their market, and are likely to have phones linked to a foreign version of the store.

Thats why I mentioned above, that when I access the app's Play Store page from my ICS mobile phone, I was doing it with the phone's VPN set to Thailand. But still got the same "not compatible" result. My mobile is an original U.S. sourced phone, but has an AIS SIM in it, though I believe my Play Store account is linked to the U.S.

Tried the same All Thai Taxi android app with my wife's Thailand sourced Samsung mobile running Gingerbread. Same results as mine above. App doesn't show in a Google Play Store search. Linked to the app from the ATT website. Brings me to the app's Play Store page. Shows that her device is incompatible with the app.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Your Play Store account is linked to the location of the payment method you use. A VPN won't make any difference. To change it to Thailand you'd need to register a Thai credit card on the account.

all information to be had online seems to be in THAI ONLY, so they obviously don't target foreign customers.

Same as NCA website - until today no English version, which is somehow ridiculous for such a big and reputable company that sees a lot of foreign passengers

I can read Thai relatively well, and due to a certain knowledge of the Thai language plus the fact I do not live in a tourist area, I virtually never fall prey to a Taxi scam driver, but that doesn't help the majority of foreign residents and tourists who cannot speak let alone readThai

So what, if any, of the online/app based taxi ordering services can be reliably used in Bangkok?

If not ATT, at least not yet, and not GrabTaxi, then the supposedly outlawed by the Thai govt. UBER???

GrabTaxi is pretty reliable. But like any taxi service, you're going to struggle to get a taxi immediately during peak hours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone tried it yet?

There's a few of them around the streets of Bangkok now, I've been lucky enough to use them twice in the last week from mid Onnut to Sukhumvit 13/15 area. It works, there's no hesitation or driver's thinking time when you state your destination just "yes, sir". And both drivers could have probably passed a UK driving test, so if you're after a taxi and you see the more elaborate LED Taxi Meter sign heading your way that's the one to wait for.