Where to buy Xiaomi Mobiles in C.M.?

Oscar2

a friend is in town visiting and she wants to purchase a "Xiaomi Redmi Note" mobile that she saw in her travels. i had never heard of this brand until i googled it. is it any good? are there any shops in C.M. selling this brand that i can take her to? she is going to Bangkok in a few days so she could buy it there if it is not available here. any info i could pass on will be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

I have a Xiaomi phone and tablet. This brand is wildly popular in China and it's definitely one of the better ones out there. They sell their stuff online in Malaysia, HK and Sg. My phone and tablet very rarely freeze, are reliable, easy to work and have most of the features of gadgets that are two to four times more expensive. I definitely recommend their stuff.

I was told Siam TV sells the phones but not the Xiaomi Yi camera i was looking for so i didnt bother going. Its a major brand so i would expect to find them at Airport Plaza or Central Festival.

They won't be selling it 'cos it isn't out yet.

Geekbuying have it for sale on pre-order.

Mid May (ish),

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Xiaoyi-WiFi-Action-Camera-16MP-1080P-60FPS-Ambarella-A7LS-155-Degree-Wide-Lens-Bluetooth-40M-Diving-Sports-DV---White--Basic--342272.html

I was told Siam TV sells the phones but not the Xiaomi Yi camera i was looking for so i didnt bother going. Its a major brand so i would expect to find them at Airport Plaza or Central Festival.

They won't be selling it 'cos it isn't out yet.

Geekbuying have it for sale on pre-order.

Mid May (ish),

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Xiaoyi-WiFi-Action-Camera-16MP-1080P-60FPS-Ambarella-A7LS-155-Degree-Wide-Lens-Bluetooth-40M-Diving-Sports-DV---White--Basic--342272.html

I did have a look for the YI camera at Rangsit Future Park last week and a couple of shops had them for sale. They wanted 5000 plus baht but they sell for USD60-70 in China. I dont mind paying a 500 to 1000 baht premium but 5000 odd baht was too much. They will be everywhere very soon and hopefully cheaper too.

thanks for the replies thus far. so i guess we'll try Siam TV later today. the company has a facebook shop in Thailand but apparently they don't have the model she is looking for - only an older model. there is anon-line vendor in Hat Yai, but how does anyone know if they might be buying a fake?

just returned from Siam TV and they do not sell this brand.

just returned from Siam TV and they do not sell this brand.

Apologies i didnt go myself but a friend said they sell Xiaomi. Obviously duff info.

Look on the Web site of online seller Lazada Thailand, they sell Xiaomi products & will deliver COD to your door. As an example the Xiaomi camera mentioned above is there at 3,000 Baht

except that on many of the products they are an agent for another company (and they add an additional 1500+ Bath as their commission). the items are shipped from Hong Kong - i would imagine duty will be charged as well. so, no warranty at all and the actual seller is in another country. as was said....if something goes wrong - kiss the money good bye.

Look on the Web site of online seller Lazada Thailand, they sell Xiaomi products & will deliver COD to your door. As an example the Xiaomi camera mentioned above is there at 3,000 Baht

He's right,

http://www.lazada.co.th/xiaomi-yi-action-camera-wifi-basic-white-844943.html

3,000bht, use a 10% off voucher = 2,700bht delivery free COD.

(Todays 10% off voucher "JACKSN")

You pay the postman when it arrives, no risk at all.

except that on many of the products they are an agent for another company (and they add an additional 1500+ Bath as their commission). the items are shipped from Hong Kong - i would imagine duty will be charged as well. so, no warranty at all and the actual seller is in another country. as was said....if something goes wrong - kiss the money good bye.

You're wrong, Lazada COD they can't charge more.

But warranty usually isn't much good in Thailand anyway.

You're wrong, Lazada COD they can't charge more.

But warranty usually isn't much good in Thailand anyway.

the item my friend wants is shipped from Hong Kong. no COD available on International sales. she called them yesterday and they confirmed. the price is almost 2K Bath more than anywhere else on the Internet.

the item my friend wants is shipped from Hong Kong. no COD available on International sales. she called them yesterday and they confirmed. the price is almost 2K Bath more than anywhere else on the Internet.

What is this thread about?

Who cares what your friend wants from HK, start your own thread.

The camera we are talking about, shipped and supplied by Lazada, so COD available 2,700bht with voucher "JACKSN".

http://www.lazada.co.th/xiaomi-yi-action-camera-white-standard-set-819941.html?mp=1

The camera we are talking about, shipped and supplied by Lazada, so COD available 2,700bht with voucher "JACKSN".

http://www.lazada.co.th/xiaomi-yi-action-camera-white-standard-set-819941.html?mp=1

this is my thread and it is about mobiles, not cameras.

this is my thread and it is about mobiles, not cameras.

GOOD answer!

You are right and I am wrong.

Feel free to give me a well deserved slap.

(can I claim old age as extenuating circumstances?)

Many items at Lazada come with no warranty at all. So if something goes wrong then you can kiss goodbye to the10K+ baht you spent on some phone.

I don't think Xaomi has an authorized distributor in Thailand. At least not for its phones. So if you do order them through Lazada, they are gray market items. However, other brands like Huawei do have an authorized distributor and do mostly come with a guarantee. A few Huawei items that aren't officially distributed here are available via the gray market but won't have a valid guarantee for Thailand.

Many items at Lazada come with no warranty at all. So if something goes wrong then you can kiss goodbye to the10K+ baht you spent on some phone.

I don't think Xaomi has an authorized distributor in Thailand. At least not for its phones. So if you do order them through Lazada, they are gray market items. However, other brands like Huawei do have an authorized distributor and do mostly come with a guarantee. A few Huawei items that aren't officially distributed here are available via the gray market but won't have a valid guarantee for Thailand.

apparently they do have some sort of operation here. they have an office in Bangkok and a on-line shop. we called them a couple of times and got no answer, we wrote them in Thai and in English at their email address but got no response. (no surprise there as Thais rarely answer email). our friend contacted a eBay seller in China who sells the model she wants. the seller who apparently has an excellent reputation said the mobile comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty. if my friend can't find what she wants in Bangkok then she still has plenty of time to get the one from the Chinese eBay seller, have it sent to our address, as she will be in Thailand another month.

i had never heard of this brand before i was put in the middle of sourcing one, but after reading the specs for the different models it seems you get quite a bang for your buck!

Xiaomi products are fantastic and incredible value to boot, I have not seen such impressive hardware since early Apple macbooks which haven't been upgraded much since 2008. I will definitely buy my next phone with them probably the Mi4, and get it either through ebay or lazada. There is also some reseller websites that have good reputations but due diligence is required

2015 is the year the chinese smartphones manufacturers have finally matched the Samsungs, LGs of this world at the very high end. They aren't quite ready to go global yet, but the assault on Asia has begun. I predict Samsung's mobile business will go the way of Nokia and Blackberry within 3-5 years.. Apple will be fine as its premium only and IOS.

She won't be disappointed buying Xiaomei, now No 3 in the world in volume sales...but Thailand is just about the worse place to buy a smartphone in SE Asia price wise.

http://chinese-smartphones.com/top-10-best-chinese-smartphone-brands/

If u are interested in Android smartphones, check out the new Elephone P7000. Crazy value for money on pre-order in HK at $159. Spec wise better than a Galaxy S5. Can order internationally from Singapore for bit more. Just google it.

Archived