Married couple how get non immigrant O A 90 day visa in UK

My husband and I are moving back to Thailand this year. Last time we both got our 90 day visa from hull consulate based on joint savings of 20,000. They were happy with our joint bank statement showing that amount. We then extended the visa to 1 year in Thailand based on my husband having the required 800,000 baht in thai bank for the required two months.

I understand Hull won't issue unless we live in area. Thinking of Birmingham consulate but it says nothing about married UK couples. They are now requesting that if over 50 only need 16,400 but don't say if the spouse is covered.

Has any UK couple recently gone to Thailand to retire and if so what was the best way?

Many thanks

Your husband can get a single entry non-o (not a OA) visa based upon retirement at Birmingham but he may need to show he can meet the financial requirements for an extension of stay. You can get one as his dependent if he can qualify for his.

• Like 1

Just phoned up Birmingham office. They were very helpful, but told me the dependent as a wife has been scrapped and we both have to show either Ā£16800 or 1400 income EACH now and need three months bank statement. We can then have Non immigrant 90 day O visa. He could not say for certain if the extension we did last time in Thailand for 1 year will be allowed with me as a dependent and may have to show 800,000 baht each in Thai bank. Does anyone out there in Thailand know if this is still possible or have they scrapped the wife as a dependent and both have to have 800,000 in thai bank account.?

The dependent extension of stay is still available after your husband gets his extension.

It might be best for you both of to get single entry tourist visas. Then go out tor single entry non-o visas in Vientiane or Penang. Your husband will need to show 800k baht in a Thai bank to get his non-o visa. There will be no need for it to be there any amount of time.

I don't think the embassy will be of any help. They will only do the OA long stay visa and a dependent non-o visa based upon it.

Well good to know the dependent side in Thailand is still up and running as no way would we have enough or would want to tie up two x 800,000 baht. We are both working at the moment so can show the 1400 each per month for past 3 months to set get non immigrant 0 visa in UK. . However we are looking at coming back early next year so really hope nothing else changes in the meantime!!

We also wish now we had stayed in Thailand, but my husband was home sick so we came back. bad decision! Can't wait to go back.

Were do you live in UK.

I got my 'O' Visa from Liverpool. Went in for my appointment at 1400Hrs at 2 minutes to 2

I was leaving with my visa at 12 mins past 2.

If you can supply income and photos, Marriage cert, ( i took passport for me and wife)plus supporting docs if divorced

they were not needed.

Anyway ring up first and ask then make an appointment.

So easy and they were very helpful

You can still apply for your 90 day Non Imm O Visas at Hull, but they have to be approved at London.

3 -5 days return to Hull for collection.

You can scan your documents and email them to Hull - they will then call you when the visa is ready for collection. Give them a call - very helpful ladies.

Thank you. I live in gloucester so Birmingham nearest. I think my main concern is being told we both need to show income. Whereas previously it was counted as joint if you were married to get non immigrant O plus previously you did not need to show past three months bank statements.

Just phoned up Birmingham office. They were very helpful, but told me the dependent as a wife has been scrapped and we both have to show either Ā£16800 or 1400 income EACH now and need three months bank statement. We can then have Non immigrant 90 day O visa. He could not say for certain if the extension we did last time in Thailand for 1 year will be allowed with me as a dependent and may have to show 800,000 baht each in Thai bank. Does anyone out there in Thailand know if this is still possible or have they scrapped the wife as a dependent and both have to have 800,000 in thai bank account.?

That doesn't make any sense.

Maybe one of you misunderstood and they were telling you the requirements for an extension to your Non Imm O in Thailand.

I received a 90 Day single entry Non Imm O from Liverpool last year and only had to show the equivalent of 65,000 baht x 3, (Ā£3,900) by balance on a bank statement to cover the 3 month period of the O Visa.

Just phoned Liverpool and they confirm this is still the same. So we will get 90 day Non O immigrant from them. Fingers crossed that when we extend to 1 year when we are in Thailand they will still accept 800000baht seasoned for two months and count me as a dependent, and just show them notorized marriage certificate.

• Like 1

Just phoned Liverpool and they confirm this is still the same. So we will get 90 day Non O immigrant from them. Fingers crossed that when we extend to 1 year when we are in Thailand they will still accept 800000baht seasoned for two months and count me as a dependent, and just show them notorized marriage certificate.

Common sense prevailed through Liverpool. Happy you got it sorted flossiebear.

• Like 1

You will have no problem getting a dependent extension as soon as your husband has his extension.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just realised that I will need my marriage certificate notorised by British consulate. I had to do this last time to get extension for retirement as dependent. I had my marriage cerificate notorized at the chiang mai consulate which is now closing. I do not have this motorisation any more as I threw it away as did not think I would be returning to Thailand!! I now realise I need to do again at Bangkok Embassy. I plan to do this when I arrive and will then be heading up north to live. However they say they need proof of address which I won't have at that point, only hotel. Any ideas or experience to get around this, could I show them my UK address and recent utility Bill or my UK driving licence?

The embassy website says this. https://www.gov.uk/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand

"We accept driverā€™s licence, utility bills, postal mail showing your name and local address or house registration as proof of your address."

Do you have anything from when you were here before that you could use?

Don't forget you need to make an appointment at the embassy now.