Australia says Indonesia gave 72 hours notice of executions

webfact

Shocking savagery. Capital punishment for drug offences has no place in the civilised world.

If you go back to the root cause this is correct. The war on drugs is an unnecessary tragedy. In my opinion all drugs should be legalized, licensed and regulated, any Country talking such a stance would have a more solid moral stance when appealing for clemency. As it is Abbott should keep out of this, unless the Australian taxpayer is winning to fund their future detention on Indonesia's behalf.

The whiny weasel actually did make this offer (at least on behalf of the two Australians) but the Indonesians wisely turned him down flat.

Bali 9 executions: Final insult as accused pair denied pastor, outraging families

Tom Allard and Jewel Topsfield in Cilicap

Indonesian authorities have refused Bali nine duo Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran the right to have a pastor of their choice to witness their executions, outraging their families and Australian diplomats.

In heartbreaking scenes, the families of the condemned men arrived at the port of Cilacap for their last visit to Nusakambangan prison island, surrounded by friends.

Their last bit of dignity has been denied.

Michael Chan, brother of Andrew Chan

Sukumaran's sister Brintha collapsed as she wailed in grief, surrounded by a large media pack. His mother Raji was also deeply distraught.

Chan's family arrived soon after, protected by embassy officials. Brother Michael was ashen faced, his mother Helen covered her face as she sobbed.

As they walked to the port, police with dogs tried to break up the media pack, with at least one journalist bitten on the leg.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/bali-9-executions-final-insult-as-accused-pair-denied-pastor-outraging-families-20150428-1muvxv.html

theage.jpg

-- The Age 2015-04-28

Most people in Australia are atheists any way so don't see why this would be much of a concern...Besides, not much a preacher could but mumble some useless inanities.

They're not the first young men to die because of recklessness and they won't be the last. Just yesterday a young mother of 2 from my wife's village was killed overtaking on a narrow road.

But they way this has been drawn out is truly terrible for the families.

May God, if there is one, condemn you Widodo for your heartlessness.

Bali 9 executions: Final insult as accused pair denied pastor, outraging families

Tom Allard and Jewel Topsfield in Cilicap

Indonesian authorities have refused Bali nine duo Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran the right to have a pastor of their choice to witness their executions, outraging their families and Australian diplomats.

In heartbreaking scenes, the families of the condemned men arrived at the port of Cilacap for their last visit to Nusakambangan prison island, surrounded by friends.

Their last bit of dignity has been denied.

Michael Chan, brother of Andrew Chan

Sukumaran's sister Brintha collapsed as she wailed in grief, surrounded by a large media pack. His mother Raji was also deeply distraught.

Chan's family arrived soon after, protected by embassy officials. Brother Michael was ashen faced, his mother Helen covered her face as she sobbed.

As they walked to the port, police with dogs tried to break up the media pack, with at least one journalist bitten on the leg.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/bali-9-executions-final-insult-as-accused-pair-denied-pastor-outraging-families-20150428-1muvxv.html

theage.jpg

-- The Age 2015-04-28

Most people in Australia are atheists any way so don't see why this would be much of a concern...Besides, not much a preacher could but mumble some useless inanities.

Thank you so much for your amazing insight into the minds of these people who are about to be shot to death after languishing in prison hoping for some sort of pardon.

How did you manage to empathise so well with people about to be executed in a barbaric way after 9 years of sitting on death row?

• Like 1

Indonesia has wasted to much time and money on this

10 years on death row and all those appeals should have just had the tail and then shot them

Suppose the lawyers and Judges made some money

Media has lots to dribble about, sells some papers

So in his great war against drugs, slimebag Joko signs off on the execution of minor drug mules, a victim of people traffickers, someone with schizophrenia, a Frenchman involved with ecstacy. Why? because they couldn't pay the AUD130,000 the judges were demanding for a non death sentence.

Meanwhile the real beneficiaries live in their mansions in Menteng and continue the trade with a new set of mules. Nothing changes.

This is all about posturing and psycho-nationalism, nothing whatsoever to do with controlling drugs.

this is the real truth of it...well said. Anyone who thinks Indonesia's justice system is there to serve the people is a tad naive. Ever seen a beam of wood full of termites? The Indonesian justice system is more corrupt than that.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/indonesian-heroin-smugglers-ready-to-walk-free-while-chan-and-sukumaran-face-death-penalty-20150222-13kc3h.html

The drug war makes money for those waging it....simple. It's all about how much you can pay, and who you know. The idea that this is justice is pure fantasy.

Just have a look at what Indonesia has been up to in West Papua. This is how righteous they are...

http://thediplomat.com/2014/01/the-human-tragedy-of-west-papua/

Rotten to the core. As usual the really dangerous criminals wear the suits and nice uniforms.

Australian foreign policy has for years supported Indonesia regards West Papua. What are you trying to acheive in raising this matter in the context of the OP?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/foreign-affairs/abbott-backs-jakarta-over-west-papua-issue/story-fn59nm2j-1226734279460

Edited by simple1

Australia made very loud noises after the Bali bombings to execute all involved

Now its Australia's turn to loose some sorry arsed drug couriers No big lose

If the drugs had gotten to Australia how many lives would have been ruined ???

In my opinion these 2 low lifes are about to get what they deserve

No one forced them to carry the drugs, it was all about the money

I know some bleeding hearts say its barbaric, so is watching a child die from drugs

As an Australian taxpayer why should my tax money be wasted on people like these 2

All the media attention they are receiving is a joke

Let Indonesia carry out its laws

If you dont like them dont break them

• Like 1

Its their law & the "perps" knew the risk, so no complaint from me on the anticipated outcome.

However, the Indonesians certainly havnt been smart with handling it.

The Australian Federal Police did all the work & handed the Indonesians the "bust" on a plate. Now given the outcry in Australia over the sentence & the way the Indonesians have handled things, does anyone think that the AFP would do the same thing again? So actually shooting them will be counter productive to any future co-operation.

The $130K corruption allegation.

The excessive force , riot squad, military jets etc etc, used during the transfer to the island (didnt happen for other nationalities).

The 72 hour announcement made by the Indonesians on ANZAC day, despite being asked not to make the announcement on Australias special day.

Its almost as though the Indonesians are trying to jab Australia, maybe a backlash for the Australian spying on Indonesia.

• Like 2

While not defending these two idiots, I wonder if Tony Maggot Abbot has the ball to give 72 hours notice to Cutting the $600 million in aid Australia will give Indonesia this year ?

I guess not ? All talk and no brawn.

Amusing how these are shot but the Bali Bombers are now sititng on a beach free. The Indo Prezzie is a bit of a dope on a rope, then agian maybe it's a religous thing ?

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

Sorry there Weegee....they will be shot after midnight........jokoDOGO Wijoko is a puppet of the corupt bandits that run Indo......They make Thais look like Switzerland.

Chapter Three starts with a pesky British Grandmother and an American bloke. The Intermission is the Frenchman, Alatoui who will be shot solo in a week.......This way Dogojoko looks strong and manly....seen to be winning the failed states war on drugs.

• Like 1

Shocking savagery. Capital punishment for drug offences has no place in the civilised world.

Hard drugs like heroin and cocaine kill people and anyone trafficking in them are guilty of murder and destroying families.

I actually believe that all drugs should be legal and free to everyone as it would rid the planet of a lot of stupid people, but till that time comes, if someone wants to break the law that carries a death penalty in Indo they are pretty stupid and how can they complain.

I just don't get why Abbott would be complaining though. Those people are guilty of a crime, unlike the boat people that are only looking for a better life, and he's willing to condem them to a life of suffering.

While not defending these two idiots, I wonder if Tony Maggot Abbot has the ball to give 72 hours notice to Cutting the $600 million in aid Australia will give Indonesia this year ?

I guess not ? All talk and no brawn.

Amusing how these are shot but the Bali Bombers are now sititng on a beach free. The Indo Prezzie is a bit of a dope on a rope, then agian maybe it's a religous thing ?

Why does Australia give any money to Indo? It's not like they are poor.

Are they dead yet?

You are by the sounds of it.
I bet I had a better day than they did ?

Instead of going to the gallows like sniveling weasels why don't they and their government fess up to what they did and accept their just sentence; and use their own deaths as a warning to ofhers of the serious and permanent consequences of being involved in their activities.

By the way, I'm for legalization of marihuana and the decriminalization of the other hard stuff.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

As bad as this is... and I really do feel for the families...

You go to another country to do something like importing/exporting Heroin..... you know what could happen if you get caught.. not in Kansas any more Coco.

Edited by wow64

Because her Handler turned herself in , because of Death Treats, in Philippines

She was in jail for five years before this person turned themselves in the night before her scheduled execution - death threats or no, even a Hollywood script writer would struggle with that. I still cant work out from the garbled media reports whether the handler is male or female - one read 'she turned himself in' - but whoever it is must figure that the inside of a jail in the PI has to be better than being killed by an angry mob. I have to wonder how that's working out for him/her.

Hopefully the truth - or something resembling the truth - will emerge from the trial that is bound to have the media pack frothing at the mouth.

Let the finger pointing begin, and from the man who handed the nine over to the AFP no less .....

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/bali-nine-execution-fallout-barrister-bob-myers-says-afp-has-blood-on-its-hands/story-fnh81fz8-1227326038120

Any lawyer who honestly thought the Australian Federal Police would act in the best interests of a group of alleged drug couriers has to be either naive or high.

• Like 1

That was that. It's 5 a.m. Wednesday morning now and I'm expecting the sun to rise soon; so the world in fact didn't end...contrary to what one could have expected from some of the comments here.

Let's get our priorities sorted, shall we - Pacman vs Mayweather from around 10am Thai Channel 7 : that's something worthy of the hype. This has been dragged out for far too long by a series of inept bureaucrats who couldnt run a chook raffle.