Finnish tourist beaten up by Britons

Thaivisa News

Really. If someone comes to bar with a knife, it´s not customers problem to solve it. That is the problem with the bar only. Of course everyone have a right to defense himself, but in my opinion the bar should be closed if you can walk in there with a knife!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a kid, growing up in the states, we were always shown the image of the British as being the most sophisticated, well spoken people around - a cartoon of that, really - tea time and perhaps a monicle, ha How deceiving this stereotype was smile.png

... or, how p1ss-poor your education was.

You seem to have accepted/developed your own stereotype.

Seems Brits are just like Thais.. need to have it from numbers. (sorry the standard remark the expats make when its one on many so I do the same) Just to show its not only Thais but also Brits that are cowards.

We are not all as capable as you robblock in tackling a knife-wielding Finn on our own.

When I was a kid, growing up in the states, we were always shown the image of the British as being the most sophisticated, well spoken people around - a cartoon of that, really - tea time and perhaps a monicle, ha How deceiving this stereotype was smile.png

Because they don't stand for someone trying to attack them with a knife ?

If someone did this in the states they'd be lucky not to be shot dead.

Seems Brits are just like Thais.. need to have it from numbers. (sorry the standard remark the expats make when its one on many so I do the same) Just to show its not only Thais but also Brits that are cowards.

why he came back with a knife, and nobody got the real story as of yet, why did he not just stay away, so there is a difference, maybe he tried to stab every one, and there for involved many people, that is human survival mode to attack back, but considering the witnesses statements, he was dam bent on getting into trouble,

Sweet Pattaya, it does not amazes me that Thai's hate the Farage so much and simply look at us as ATM's only. Some here seems to actually be worse than Thai's

They should crawl back under the bush they came from in the UK.

My landlord was moved to monologue today, when the subject of Russia came up, and she had a lot to express re: her views on Pattaya, ha

I've lived in Bangkok for 5 years, and have never seen Pattaya, just based on the stories my buddy related after I first moved here. I'm happy in BKK.

Well at least in Pattaya the taxi drivers when angry do not pull a

knife out of the trunk of the car and slash you to death...... I'll

take Pattaya thanks. Cooler too.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

The Finn had a knife, would you be brave enough to take him on on your own? Thought not

Much safer in a nice suburban neighbourhood in the good old USA. Neatly mown lawns, new SUVs - what more could you want, right ?

How about a nice, traditional pub back in the UK ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX0V-beluaw

Or a train ride in Sydney

The myth that people still fight one-on-one really needs to addressed here - this is the world that your kids and grandkids are going to have to live in, whether it's Thailand or back in your home country. I still feel safer in Pattaya or even BKK at night than I ever did in Sydney or Melbourne - even Brissie has gotten a lot nastier at night than it was when I moved there in the early 90s. Really sick and tired of white Anglo-Celtic males being held up as sterling examples of pugilistic heroes willing to adhere to the Marquis of Queensbury rules - doesnt make the Thais or other Asians anything other than the cowards that they are, but we're living in a very different world to the one most of us grew up in.

The Finnish? As in the Thaish?

Funny how, if it allegedly involves British nationals, they're thugs; if Thais, they're security guards, taxi drivers, ladyboys; but thugs? Heaven forbid. Besides, if the Finn(ish) returned with a knife, he was obviously complicit.

Keep in mind your are basing your whole theory on a single event where 4 brits ganged up on 1 guy (who may have been armed, which would justify 4 on 1). There is alot more empirical evidence of Thais ganging up on someone, armed or unarmed.

Children shoot eachother almost daily in the US, on purpose or by accident, as guns seem to be everywhere in the US. However, I am sure the same thing happens once in a while in my home country, where few people have guns. That cannot however justify arguing that my home country is as gun crazy as the US.

The yanks weren't even involved in this incident but don't let that stop you from bashing them on your rant.

Kurt

Much safer in a nice suburban neighbourhood in the good old USA. Neatly mown lawns, new SUVs - what more could you want, right ?

How about a nice, traditional pub back in the UK ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX0V-beluaw

Or a train ride in Sydney

The myth that people still fight one-on-one really needs to addressed here - this is the world that your kids and grandkids are going to have to live in, whether it's Thailand or back in your home country. I still feel safer in Pattaya or even BKK at night than I ever did in Sydney or Melbourne - even Brissie has gotten a lot nastier at night than it was when I moved there in the early 90s. Really sick and tired of white Anglo-Celtic males being held up as sterling examples of pugilistic heroes willing to adhere to the Marquis of Queensbury rules - doesnt make the Thais or other Asians anything other than the cowards that they are, but we're living in a very different world to the one most of us grew up in.

Although your point is a good one you could at least choose a youtube video that is from the UK, there are plenty on there that prove your point.

The Finnish? As in the Thaish?

Funny how, if it allegedly involves British nationals, they're thugs; if Thais, they're security guards, taxi drivers, ladyboys; but thugs? Heaven forbid. Besides, if the Finn(ish) returned with a knife, he was obviously complicit.

No - they're thugs, and cowardly thugs at that, but its all semantics. Many consider Obama a thug - he doesnt need to come to your house with a lead pipe and 5 of his posse to be a thug - but its increasingly the way of the world. I dont know about the TVF tough guys, but to me that skinhead video highlights the fact that once the mob has you in it's sights you have one choice - try to get away. All the macho talk about 'that's when my blades come out' would disappear as quickly as their teeth down the nearest drain.

Although your point is a good one you could at least choose a youtube video that is from the UK, there are plenty on there that prove your point.

My mistake - will try to fix that 'UK' description.

(Apologies - it would appear that its too late to edit that post - apparently It was Czech Republic not the UK )

Edited by MrWorldwide

Brilliant journalism, he is a Finnish tourist,the rest are British thugs, he was sh"tfaced came back with a knife end of tourist he becomes criminal, Brits defend themselves because he is armed, so tough shit he asked for it, if it was the other way round my sentiments would be the same the Brit or whoever desrves whats coming. Personally I think he is lucky to be alive nothing but a <deleted>

Brilliant journalism, he is a Finnish tourist,the rest are British thugs, he was sh"tfaced came back with a knife end of tourist he becomes criminal, Brits defend themselves because he is armed, so tough shit he asked for it, if it was the other way round my sentiments would be the same the Brit or whoever desrves whats coming. Personally I think he is lucky to be alive nothing but a <deleted>

You are right, I think the treatment of him was pretty moderate. If he had done the same

thing , pulling a knife on a bunch of Thai guys, the rescue foundation guys would be

picking up a body laying out by the curb......

The first photo, example one, is what used to be every foreigners perception of what Englishmen were like during my younger days. The second photo, example two, is the world’s perception of Englishmen today.

So what happened? Not only are they at complete opposite ends of the evolutionary scale, but also could be regarded as a totally different species. At least the Thais over the generations have not gone into a social decline that much, as a matter of fact, regarding standards of living, education and culture, I would say Thailand has improved over the decades, whereas Britain has gone into sociological decline.

Glad I`m out of there, and the best of British luck.

post-110219-0-34543100-1430159250_thumb.

post-110219-0-50054300-1430159310_thumb.

Thanks for raising the level of the conversation.

You forgot to mention the knife-wielding drunken Fin.