Sydney Consular: Strict?

Just when you think you understand the system, they change it?

Just tried to get a new non imm 'o' multiple entry in Sydney, and they say I need to have the following:

1. Visa form filled out.

2. Passport with not less than 6 months and a photocopy.

3. Two recent photograph full-faced (passport-sized or 2 1/2 inches)

4. A photocopy of valid spouse Thai I.D card/passport

5. A photocopy of spouse Thai house registration.

6. A photocopy of marriage certificate.

7. A formal letter from your spouse identifying who he or she is? and what is the relationship to you.

8 A photocopy of a birth certificate of your child (if using your children as a sponsor for the visa).

I had the marriage certificate and both my childrens birth certificates. They insist on the letter, which I dont have. I have a copy of my wifes Thai passport, which they will accept. They don't seem to need the house paper or ID card.

They also won't accept the birth ceriticates cause they say my children and too young to write a letter! I mean the fact that I hold the Thai birth certificates must imply that I have not abandoned them?!

So I have to get the letter, which can be faxed. They say the signature has to be the same as on the passport.

Are other consulars insisting on so much info? Is there any consular where I can just submit the marriage ceritifcate? Singapore last year was quite happy to accept just the marriage certificate, and when I saw them a couple of weeks ago they had no requirement for this letter (at that time they would not give me a new visa cause the old had not expired yet).

Be interested to know cause my wife is not being very co-operative at the moment, she thinks this is not very serious :o Who said Thai women as like sleeping volcanos?

The Consulates are free to decide what they require based on local circumstances; just as most countries Consulate operate differently in different regions. And the general trend seems to be more restrictions. Believe Penang is now also asking for home register copy along with marriage certificate and id card copy - and some only get a single entry. Believe it would be wise to check on extension of stay if you qualify rather than depend on multi entry visas.

That said you could check with other Consulates and see what there requirements are.

Thanks for posting the full list of requirements as it is likely to help others - lets hope others who have recently done this in Oz can help you.

Just when you think you understand the system, they change it?

Just tried to get a new non imm 'o' multiple entry in Sydney, and they say I need to have the following:

1. Visa form filled out.

2. Passport with not less than 6 months and a photocopy.

3. Two recent photograph full-faced (passport-sized or 2 1/2 inches)

4. A photocopy of valid spouse Thai I.D card/passport

5. A photocopy of spouse Thai house registration.

6. A photocopy of marriage certificate.

7. A formal letter from your spouse identifying who he or she is? and what is the relationship to you.

8 A photocopy of a birth certificate of your child (if using your children as a sponsor for the visa).

I had the marriage certificate and both my childrens birth certificates. They insist on the letter, which I dont have. I have a copy of my wifes Thai passport, which they will accept. They don't seem to need the house paper or ID card.

They also won't accept the birth ceriticates cause they say my children and too young to write a letter! I mean the fact that I hold the Thai birth certificates must imply that I have not abandoned them?!

So I have to get the letter, which can be faxed. They say the signature has to be the same as on the passport.

Are other consulars insisting on so much info? Is there any consular where I can just submit the marriage ceritifcate? Singapore last year was quite happy to accept just the marriage certificate, and when I saw them a couple of weeks ago they had no requirement for this letter (at that time they would not give me a new visa cause the old had not expired yet).

Be interested to know cause my wife is not being very co-operative at the moment, she thinks this is not very serious :o Who said Thai women as like sleeping volcanos?

yes strick ,

please consider Brisbane cousular , if you need to know more privat me ! do a serach for his email , Mr Bill Dunn

very helpfull :

Bill Dunn

Consul-General ah Head of Post

Royal Thai Consulate-General

87 Annerley Road

South Brisbane 4102

Tel 07 3846 7771 Fax 07 3846 7772

http://www.thaiconsulate.org/

[email protected]

Int 617 3846 7771

617 3846 7772

Edited by simcity

It may be more difficult if the applicant does not have permanent residence or is not an Australian citizen. From the Sydney website,

The applicants must submit the following relevant documents depending on the purpose of their visit.

- Visa application form completely filled out

- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months and its copy

- Two recent photograph full-faced, bareheaded photos taken within the past six months (passport-sized photograph or 2 1/2 inches)

- A photocopy of a birth certificate of your child ("O") –If using your children to sponsor

- A photocopy of a marriage or its equivalents ("O")

- A photocopy of your valid spouse Thai I.D card/ passport (“O”)

- A formal letter from your spouse identifying who he or she is? And what is the relationship to you (“O”)