Will non-government offices be closed on Monday and Tuesday April 4,5?

Nepal4me

I realize the below are stated holidays.

1 May (Friday) Labor Day

4 May (Monday) Additional Day approved by cabinet.

5 May (Tuesday) Coronation Day

My understanding is businesses are required to close on Friday.

Government are closed on Monday and Tuesday.

Will most non-gov offices be closed on Monday and Tuesday? Is closure mandatory? Can offices stay open on these days and force their staff to work (as a normal day)?

Yes, I mean May 4,5.

I am posting again as my previous (locked) post wasn't worded correctly. I am not asking when holidays are. I'm asking: Can offices/businesses force their workers to work on Monday and Tuesday or are offices closed by law?

It's a public holiday.As previously mentioned you have a pinned thread about this.Your situation is between yourself & your employer. The people to ask this are the Labour Office.

It's a public holiday.As previously mentioned you have a pinned thread about this.Your situation is between yourself & your employer. The people to ask this are the Labour Office.

No, this is not between me and my employer. The pinned thread shows the list of holidays, it does not explain how Thai offices interpret and enforce the holidays. Thai Visa is a forum where you can ask questions about things that are happening in Thailand. And I am doing so. Ease up a little.

I am wondering if offices are mostly or all closed on these days. It is not specific to me.

No, this is not between me and my employer. The pinned thread shows the list of holidays, it does not explain how Thai offices interpret and enforce the holidays. Thai Visa is a forum where you can ask questions about things that are happening in Thailand. And I am doing so. Ease up a little.

I am wondering if offices are mostly or all closed on these days. It is not specific to me.

It's a public holiday for all sectors. Hence my suggestion to contact Labour Department for correct clarification.In your case, if they force you to work that day, there are penalty rates to be considered.