Game-crazed boy causes turmoil in neighbourhood

Thaivisa News

Pathum Thani: Shriek, shrill cry and painful scream came out of an apartment in Pathum Thani’s Lam Luk Ka district every now and then on one recent day. Should someone call police? In this case, the answer is probably “No”.

Anyway, the sound proved so frightening that someone did alert the police last Friday, according to Thairath.

Local police then rushed to the spot and found out that the source of the scream was clearly an apartment building for Provincial Waterworks Authority officials.

The building has two steel gates to keep out non-residents.

Police thus shouted out loud, asking if someone inside needed help. But there was no response.

At this point, police decided to tell the Ruamkatanyu Foundation to send its rescue workers to the spot and asked for a crane basket-equipped vehicle from a nearby market.

Once inside the building, police knocked the door of an apartment after feeling sure that the scream and shriek continued to come out of it.

Opening the door was a boy, who looked nonplussed.

And police by then saw clearly that the disturbing sound came out of his notebook, not some humans in distress. The boy was playing a zombie killing game with loudspeakers on.

“My parents go to work. I am all alone. So, I play this game,” the 13-year-old boy said. He said he used loudspeakers to add more excitement to his game-playing experiences.

As there was neither crime nor any suspect, police just watched the boy playing his game for a while and left.

Well done Pathum Thani police! You call for a rescue foundation and basket-equipped crane when they think someone is being murdered inside? And while you are waiting maybe go and eat some noodle soup? How about breaking the door down?

• Like 2

If it was in a locked secured area wasn't the boy breaking and entering and guilty of trespass ? Or aren't the police bothered with these illegal acts ?

He was in the apartment where he lives with his parents.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

And the award for parenting of the year goes to?

What exactly did the parents do wrong???

I would say it's more a light hearted comment ..... the parent's are being irresponsible in letting / leaving the kid at home all day when he is going to just sit and play games ... not good imo.

They could have ensured he had something to do ... go to school , be involved in a sport , go to the library , ride his bike somewhere interesting , join a club with other boys , do part time odd jobs.

anything but .... sit on a game all day.

As there was neither crime nor any suspect, police just watched the boy playing his game for a while and left.

"that's a cool move! do it again..."

"watch out, behind you!"

"yeah, splatter his zombie a** all over the pavement"

"where did you buy this game? ! want one!"

"can I try? just one time, please?"

Edited by klauskunkel

My parents go to work. I am all alone. So, I play this game, the 13-year-old boy said.

rolleyes.gif

More Thai parents of the year.

What's wrong with leaving a 13 year old boy at home alone?

We manged to set fire to our bed when my parents left me in charge of my brothers at that age.

• Like 2

Well done Pathum Thani police! You call for a rescue foundation and basket-equipped crane when they think someone is being murdered inside? And while you are waiting maybe go and eat some noodle soup? How about breaking the door down?

All to hard

I would say it's more a light hearted comment ..... the parent's are being irresponsible in letting / leaving the kid at home all day when he is going to just sit and play games ... not good imo.

They could have ensured he had something to do ... go to school , be involved in a sport , go to the library , ride his bike somewhere interesting , join a club with other boys , do part time odd jobs.

Have you ever heard of school holidays? Get a job, what?

• Like 1

You do realize this is Thailand, don't you? Library? Do part time jobs? I think you'd have to be born with initiative to even consider those possibilities.

Just to point out e-sports has been around for a long time, and nowadays you can even make a career out of gaming...

Esports_Tournament_Prize_Amounts_1998%E2

Im sure the neighbors love the loudspeakers..another case of Thainess (memememememememe!!!)

What? Loud speakers are a case of Thainess? When I was a boy my friends tried to blast their music as loud as they can, some people in the US and Europe drive down the roads bumping their music as loud as possible. Heck, I played video games as a boy and I loved to turn the music up. Considering how much better games are today, I can't imagine but being blasted away by the sound of popping zombies and the sound of being surrounded.

This isn't a case of Thainess, this is a case of "Kids will be kids" (almost said boys will be boys but I knew some girls far worse).