Soi Cowboy

rocketboybkk

Had two Korean contractors go there last week. They told me that prices were the same or higher there than in Korea... Hahaha.... Shoot yourself in the foot I guess. The decline of this country is due to greed in all areas and not just Thai.

Yeah because Thailand is the land of make believe where the laws of economics simply don't apply and where proprietors run their businesses at a loss just so that a few cash-strapped Westerners can feel wealthy on goat-cheese pensions or TEFLer sub-40K monthly salaries

If 110 baht for a bottle of beer, 150 for a spirit and mixer or a couple of grand (I'm told) for a short time with a reasonably attractive 20 or 30-something soi cowboy dancer is too expensive for some, they might find super-seedy Cambodia more accommodating

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whistling.gif Do you remember the Thermae and/or Washington Square?

Ah Wild Country. 500b would go along way. They'd go home with a full belly, bless 'em.

So I've been told.

Aha... those were the days, when all the girls knew you by name and they wai you on entering

the establishment, and all wanted to sit by you hoping you take them home, those were

the original girls, well before the tidal wave of Horney Japs has discovered the game

throwing their money around and thus ruining paradise for all of us....

I went last week for the first time in many years...

I think all those girls you knew way back then are still working there...

The outside seating and people watching is better than I remember, and the beers were cold, but the quality of girls was pretty grim. Maybe my standards are higher now.

Overweight, tattoos, smoking, with plenty of caesarian scars on view and very few girls over a 5 seemed the norm. And my buddy did get the remainder of a drink thrown at him when the girl asked for another drink and he said no....which was pretty funny.

Lot's of Indian's and Arabs and Japanese but didn't see a lot taking away...although the walk of shame is pretty deep now....you're just praying that your girl de jour dresses reasonably conservatively when you have to take that walk along the street of eyes.

Harmless fun.

Ah Wild Country. 500b would go along way. They'd go home with a full belly, bless 'em.

So I've been told.

Aha... those were the days, when all the girls knew you by name and they wai you on entering

the establishment, and all wanted to sit by you hoping you take them home, those were

the original girls, well before the tidal wave of Horney Japs has discovered the game

throwing their money around and thus ruining paradise for all of us....

I went last week for the first time in many years...

I think all those girls you knew way back then are still working there...

The outside seating and people watching is better than I remember, and the beers were cold, but the quality of girls was pretty grim. Maybe my standards are higher now.

Overweight, tattoos, smoking, with plenty of caesarian scars on view and very few girls over a 5 seemed the norm. And my buddy did get the remainder of a drink thrown at him when the girl asked for another drink and he said no....which was pretty funny.

Lot's of Indian's and Arabs and Japanese but didn't see a lot taking away...although the walk of shame is pretty deep now....you're just praying that your girl de jour dresses reasonably conservatively when you have to take that walk along the street of eyes.

Harmless fun.

Good post, love the bit about the walk of shame.

I've seen many men walking away from places with ladies dressed up like dogs dinners.

I think it's more embarrassing if they choose 'long time' and invite their new love to stay for breakfast where the farang is in shorts or casual gear and the new love is dressed looking like a whore!!!

Room service please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You probably mean "commercial". Cowboy is very clean and sterile feeling. Feels like going into an upscale mall. Myself I'm used to more of an edge and at least some grime.

Errr, I think you must be referring to a different Soi Cowboy!

Most expats I know take advantage of the happy hour which lasts until 9/9.30 in most bars.

What a nice evening that sounds

It's sitting in a bar having a beer after work, mostly talking shop. Happens everywhere.

It's sitting in Cowboy surrounded by Lovely half naked women drinking Happy Hour

Spot The Difference

slaps, where are the pictures? must have pics.coffee1.gif

When the only way to enter the Thermae was via the toilet?

Years ago I knew an English guy and just after he arrived in BKK he fell in love with the most beautiful woman he had ever met (His words not mine) and yes he was going to marry her.

I asked him where he met her and he tells me "She is not a bar girl" I met her in a coffee shop called the THERMAE. I told him about some of the pit falls of these young lady'sbeatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu , his reply was " You dont understand this is different.

Some guys just dont get it.facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_JFYd

When the only way to enter the Thermae was via the toilet?

Years ago I knew an English guy and just after he arrived in BKK he fell in love with the most beautiful woman he had ever met (His words not mine) and yes he was going to marry her.

I asked him where he met her and he tells me "She is not a bar girl" I met her in a coffee shop called the THERMAE. I told him about some of the pit falls of these young lady'sbeatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu , his reply was " You dont understand this is different.

Some guys just dont get it.facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_JFYd

Are they still happily married?

Do not hold me to it, but i believe most bars were bought up by 1 middle eastern gentleman. Since then prices have doubled if not tripled, and clientele base changed from expats to middle eastern.

When i refer to prices doubling, i do not mean drinks but fines and "private time"

Do not hold me to it, but i believe most bars were bought up by 1 middle eastern gentleman. Since then prices have doubled if not tripled, and clientele base changed from expats to middle eastern.

When i refer to prices doubling, i do not mean drinks but fines and "private time"

Iranian guy, commonly referred to as "the Arab". He owns (at last count) Kiss, Sahara, Midnight, Spice Girls, Deja Vu, and Rio (if those are all still there.) Places to avoid, if you find yourself on Soi Cowboy.

I think it's more embarrassing if they choose 'long time' and invite their new love to stay for breakfast where the farang is in shorts or casual gear and the new love is dressed looking like a whore!!!

I'd have thought it would be more embarrassing for his "long time" trick to clean out his wallet and valuables while he snores.

Yeah, somehow that slinky, skin tight red dress with the plunging neckline and knee length boots that looked so good at 3am...lose their appeal at 11am as the families in the check out line start to smirk and glare and the children point.

But I'm guessing most of us have done the walk of shame at least once in our lives.

The key is walk tall, with you head held high and chest out...because every single guy that sees you...wishes he was you last night.

Be proud men....be damn proud....unless it's a kathoey. Then just throw her out the door and lock it. Nothing is worth that walk of shame....nothing.

because every single guy that sees you...wishes he was you last night.

I'm not so sure about that.

Could be right....and I'm assuming she's a 7+...not a beer-goggled 3-.

Ok, every middle aged man, standing next to his 220lb, 50 year old wife, probably does.

The key is walk tall, with you head held high and chest out...because every single guy that sees you...wishes he was you last night.

Yeah I REALLY wish i was the kind of bloke who needs the nodding approval of other men on my choice of prostitute to feel "proud" about myself

Yeah I REALLY wish i was the kind of bloke who needs the nodding approval of other men on my choice of prostitute to feel "proud" about myself

Kathoey eh?

Don't feel so bad.

I prefer to do my happy hour drinking in a normal bar.

I thought titty bars were the norm in BKK ??? But I do know what you mean.

Of course not. Bangkok is a big city full of normal bars, restaurants, shops etc. It's not just one big red light district. Sad that some think that's all there is to the place.

But a lot of people never do venture further. You can see it in the favourite bars thread- it's all Soi 4 this and Soi 4 that. Which is fine I guess, I'd want to stick a nail through my skull if that was me but it's horses for courses and whatever makes you happy, some people just want to be eternal tourists and have no real interest in the city beyond it's red lights. It's kind of like how I knew a guy who'd been to Bangkok four times and he'd never left Khao San Road (genuinely). Which to me is nuts. To him it was Thailand.

It might be surprising to some who hold their noses abnormally high, that there is more to be found in the people -- women included -- than some sightseeing adventure at a nature preserve or temple. Of course focusing one's time on women has side benefits as well.

But a lot of people never do venture further. You can see it in the favourite bars thread- it's all Soi 4 this and Soi 4 that. Which is fine I guess, I'd want to stick a nail through my skull if that was me but it's horses for courses and whatever makes you happy, some people just want to be eternal tourists and have no real interest in the city beyond it's red lights. It's kind of like how I knew a guy who'd been to Bangkok four times and he'd never left Khao San Road (genuinely). Which to me is nuts. To him it was Thailand.

Yeah, can't see the attraction of soi 4 myself. Edited by brewsterbudgen