Soi Cowboy

rocketboybkk

It used to be a bonus if you lived and worked here. Over the years it just has turned into a clusterf@###.......used to be able to really have a great time even meet other ex pats.....nowadays its a joke. A totalscam aimed towards the big cheat. Coyoye dancers and a huge handful of bars owned by a . Iranian....horrible.....

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CH, are you not another one of the old geezers with the impoverished younger girl?

In answer to your question CH, go back to another thread where we had a similar discussion for your answer.

Don't you remember...or is memory loss setting in?

Oh I remember your highly amusing pretensions to elitism and the washing powder commercial-lifestyle you claim to lead very, VERY well; It's just that the mods consider bringing up someone's previous posts or comments as tantamount to "stalking".

However, since you've brought it into play, I'm sure they'll forgive me for biting.

I seem to recall that an approving nod from a seemingly-moneyed Thai patriarch over you and your wife's aesthetic as you cut a dash across the Emporium's concourse could make your entire YEAR, couldn't it? LOL! Classic, textbook yearning for approval

Poor is the man whose "happiness" depends on the validation of others.

As for being an old geezer with an impoverished younger girl, you couldn't be further from the truth.

Mid to late 40s, more than financially secure, fit & healthy and with enough going for me that I don't have to hook up with Thai women for anything more than fun

Its over but they are still coming!!!!! And thwy think its great...that part kills me.....kinda like walking into a movie and seeing last five min of it.Or going to Dianeyland with all the attractions closed.

Edited by NickJ

The boiler room operators have completely destroyed Sukhumvit nightlife.

There's a lot more to Sukhumvit nightlife than a couple of streets full of hooker bars and a handful of cheesy nightclubs.

Depends on your definition of nightlife, I suppose.

If it's a tandoori, a pint and home to bed before midnight, then you're right but if you fancy going out later than 1am to dance and drink to anything other than 5 year old chart hits, what I said stands.

There's a lot more to Sukhumvit nightlife than a couple of streets full of hooker bars and a handful of cheesy nightclubs.

If it's a tandoori, a pint and home to bed before midnight, then you're right but if you fancy going out later than 1am to dance and drink to anything other than 5 year old chart hits, what I said stands.

If you think those are the only two options, you're missing out on a hell of a lot.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you think those are the only two options, you're missing out on a hell of a lot.

No just an example of what people might choose to do during strictly legal opening hours. I call those times "evening"

It goes without saying that there are plenty of non-boiler room-owned bars etc in Sukhumvit but for people who like to go out late (as in after 1am) to party, the choice is abysmal.

whistling.gif Do you remember the Thermae and/or Washington Square?

When the only way to enter the Thermae was via the toilet?

yeah, the Thermae, Wash Square, the several bars along Sukhumvit named something or other "Rose," the reclining tile beds in the shower of the windowless rooms at the old Golden Palace on Soi 1, the Thai Heaven on Petchaburi, the Bunny House and Kangaroo upstairs over Max's on Patpong, the Vasitay on Rama IV--ah, the wanderings of youth take many roads,

It was OK until the hare and Hounds moved then the pizza place went. Now it's hardcore, not much fun with short time fatties. The sanook went a long time ago, for tourists and the desperate these days. There are some good normal are some good normal bars around there though.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I love the responses regarding greed having spoilt soi cowboy. Yes, those pesky impoverished, uneducated single mothers demanding more than 500 Baht to give their bodies to complete strangers...darn them, the greedy tarts!

Ooh, and can you believe a Singha is 80 Baht these days. Daylight robbery I tell you! ....

What sort of world do we live in.

We can't talk about the first part in here but I heard a bottle of Singha is now generally 170-180 Baht outside of happy hour? This is nearly 5 euros, crazy!

Ladydrinks are probably 200+ now? Anyone know?

500 wow . $1 luv u long time

CH, are you not another one of the old geezers with the impoverished younger girl?

In answer to your question CH, go back to another thread where we had a similar discussion for your answer.

Oh I remember your highly amusing pretensions to elitism and the washing powder commercial-lifestyle you claim to lead very, VERY well; It's just that the mods consider bringing up someone's previous posts or comments as tantamount to "stalking".

However, since you've brought it into play, I'm sure they'll forgive me for biting.

I seem to recall that an approving nod from a seemingly-moneyed Thai patriarch over you and your wife's aesthetic as you cut a dash across the Emporium's concourse could make your entire YEAR, couldn't it? LOL! Classic, textbook yearning for approval

As for being an old geezer with an impoverished younger girl, you couldn't be further from the truth.

Mid to late 40s, more than financially secure, fit & healthy and with enough going for me that I don't have to hook up with Thai women for anything more than fun

Okay then...bugger. This is a second apology I'm making in the one thread so here goes it CH; I'm sorry.

However, I'm not yearning for approval.

I live quite a way from Emporium on Suk and never venture there anyhow.

As a matter of fact, I no longer go to Suk and Cowboy, not in the last 2 years.

Why? It's a s#it hole.

I'm a little younger than you and was living in BKK over 20 years ago.

Honestly, another year or 2, my lovely smoking hot Top 10 Miss Thailand middle class wife and I will relocate to Aus.

"Mid to late 40s, more than financially secure, fit & healthy and with enough going for me that I don't have to hook up with Thai women for anything more than fun"

" textbook yearning for approval" You sound great to me... I approve, in face I am jealous.

It's too bad that this forum is so focussed on lower Sukhumvit. I used to think it was great. It was like Vegas before it turned to shiite; cheap drinks and food, and a chance to show your appreciation. Now, it's more like some pencil pusher has calculated how much they are going to make off you, before you have your first beer. Anyone, who doesn't fit their description of a proper customer is given the cold shoulder (as if you wanted to learn from boiler room personnel), and labeled a cheap charlie. Sports Corner was almost acceptable (beer not cold), but they are getting 75 thb during HH. The land would be worth more without the building. So most of those places are at the mercy of greedy landlords or the whims of a developer. BKK is a great city. A couple of years ago, I went exploring and ended up doing 60 thb large Leos and eating some of the best pork tenderloin I have ever had. A nice lady gave me a ride to my hotel on her motorbike. Compared to America, a high percentage of BKK ladies are attractive and available. Come out of your western shadow and have a look. Forget about the Sunday evening guide to ladyboy bars......you can do better with a dartboard. There are some real nice ones that don't drink, too.

Okay then...bugger. This is a second apology I'm making in the one thread so here goes it CH; I'm sorry.
However, I'm not yearning for approval.
I live quite a way from Emporium on Suk and never venture there anyhow.
As a matter of fact, I no longer go to Suk and Cowboy, not in the last 2 years.
Why? It's a s#it hole.
I'm a little younger than you and was living in BKK over 20 years ago.
Honestly, another year or 2, my lovely smoking hot Top 10 Miss Thailand middle class wife and I will relocate to Aus.

make sure you have plenty of coin on you , property prices very high , If your thai lady so hot , maybe you better stay thailand, in order to keep her...

Pre-internet, Cowboy could be a good night out, even the small outside bars where that new tower is (Exchange Tower?) on the corner of Asoke could be fun. But now, everybody knows about it and greed and neon lights have taken over.

Still if that rings your bells, go and enjoy. wink.png

Yeah, they even make the Cactus girls wear shoes

I have 2 properties outright in each of the two SE cities so no problems there.

She ain't that sort of girl brother.

I can only imagine how much Cowboy and lower Suk to be a stinking squalid cesspit with the current weather.

We spent 2 months in Aus recently and never before did I love the beautiful wide tree lined boulevards in well planned cities.

I previously loved the pulse, and I mean absolutely loved the pulse of BKK, but it's beginning to wear a little thin.

We are thinking of halving our time in each country.

Admittedly, Aus doesn't have a Cowboy but the Cowboy that was, is now a memory.

The Thermae back in the day was a cracking place also, as with many others.

It was for me 20 years ago in my early twenties...perhaps I'm getting a little older and a wee bit cynical.

Edited by Blackfox

whistling.gif Do you remember the Thermae and/or Washington Square?

Ah Wild Country. 500b would go along way. They'd go home with a full belly, bless 'em.

So I've been told.

Aha... those were the days, when all the girls knew you by name and they wai you on entering

the establishment, and all wanted to sit by you hoping you take them home, those were

the original girls, well before the tidal wave of Horney Japs has discovered the game

throwing their money around and thus ruining paradise for all of us....

I went last week for the first time in many years...

I think all those girls you knew way back then are still working there...

The outside seating and people watching is better than I remember, and the beers were cold, but the quality of girls was pretty grim. Maybe my standards are higher now.

Overweight, tattoos, smoking, with plenty of caesarian scars on view and very few girls over a 5 seemed the norm. And my buddy did get the remainder of a drink thrown at him when the girl asked for another drink and he said no....which was pretty funny.

Lot's of Indian's and Arabs and Japanese but didn't see a lot taking away...although the walk of shame is pretty deep now....you're just praying that your girl de jour dresses reasonably conservatively when you have to take that walk along the street of eyes.

Harmless fun.

Yeah, there were dragons with scars, even back in the day, but there were also some young honies; actually plenty of both, but no Arabs, Indians, or Japanese.

Soi Cowboy Today....I have never evn Been able to talk to a women let alone touch her this place is great.....Im a. Human ATM yay.

It's only 7pm...You drunk already?

Lucky bastard.

It might be surprising to some who hold their noses abnormally high, that there is more to be found in the people -- women included -- than some sightseeing adventure at a nature preserve or temple. Of course focusing one's time on women has side benefits as well.

The people outside the sex bar areas are interesting too. And there's more of them.

I finally agree with you. It seems so many long-term farangs only know the sex bar areas.

"Mid to late 40s, more than financially secure, fit & healthy and with enough going for me that I don't have to hook up with Thai women for anything more than fun"

" textbook yearning for approval" You sound great to me... I approve, in face I am jealous.

What the hell are you talking about?

Of course it is not the Soi Cowboy it used to be and the Soi Cowboy many like to reminisce about

I enjoyed the place for many a good year from 1983 to around 2000....and still go their occasionally.

But the idea is the same and same format in general...but the real difference is the prices are much higher than they should be.....but hey..... if you want what you want and it comes with a price tag then pay the price and do not dwell on the issue of prices.

You can be there and do the people watching thing while nursing a drink or 2 or more ...up to you ...while watching all the girls coming and going and still do the bar hoping affair with or without friends to see if there is any new talent on display and any super great bodies to be admired......while no need to be shy.

There are some better restaurants around the Soi and seemingly better than they used to be while the whole area has all the more additional attractions such as more restaurants over all and some additional clubs and bars and many massage places nearby.

The BTS is near by and makes it much easier to come and go when you want plus there are the indoor malls conveniently near by and nice to walk around in and admire the abundance of pretty girls going about their business.

Meantime it is really hard to say if the girls working in Soi Cowboy are any better or any worse as there are still plenty of cuties and occasionally somewhat of a beauty to be found....but it has a lot to do with your likes or dislikes and your taste, so to speak, concerning the looks of Thai girls while their is something for everyone .

I notice there are way more tourists of all descriptions wandering about the area more so than ever before while it is becoming a entertainment spot to spend sometime around for near anyone where as before it was more or less the domain of Farang men only...nearly ...and a street of prostitution and a off limits mentality for many...but not now, as the Soi and all it entails has blended in well with all the other development surrounding Soi Cowboy and engulfing the area

I would say the attitude of the girls is more hardcore over all and they make it clear all the more so they are there for the money because they ask and obtain onwards of 3000 to 4000 to 5000 Baht....so those sort of prices are bound to be a contentious issue while many men would be wondering what exactly you are going to receive for your 3000 to 5000 baht price tag.

But I am told by others there are plenty of girls who ask a more reasonable price that most men are willing to comply with.

Over all I would say it is not really that much different other than the visual aspect of the whole area has changed but once you get inside the Go Go bars that still dominate the length of the street and have a look at the many girls up on the stage, does it really matter about much else as the Girly Bars with a Go Go entertainment format and full of pretty young girls displaying their wares is what the street is all about and always was and probably will remain so for a long time to come.

Enjoy the place when you can and do not dwell on the past and or any negatives as the place is Iconic in an unusual sort of way.

Cheers

Soi Zero died and went to heaven years ago. There's nothing there anymore.

The last remaining bar from Soi Zero, or Buckskin Joe's, as some of us fondly remember it, is Det 5 in soi 8. Great place to play pool, eat, drink beer. Upscale enough to bring your wife. Free buffet on Saturdays (for many years; not sure now, as I've been away for two years)

The bars on the corner of Asoke were endless fun, and the bar named after "that book by Nabokov", started in the car park behind them.

Even at its best, Thermae, was a rank imitator. The REAL deal was the Grace Hotel coffee shop, back in the day...or so my few remaining brain cells tell me.

Luv Soi Cowboy..

If ya don't like it there don't go..

But I don't give a Hoot, Nuff Said..

Cheers

Me luvs it too. Nothing better than having a beer looking at all the totty and seeing the majority of tourists with beaming smiles.

You probably mean "commercial". Cowboy is very clean and sterile feeling. Feels like going into an upscale mall. Myself I'm used to more of an edge and at least some grime.

Someplace like, Soi Disease

Soi Zero died and went to heaven years ago. There's nothing there anymore.

The last remaining bar from Soi Zero, or Buckskin Joe's, as some of us fondly remember it, is Det 5 in soi 8. Great place to play pool, eat, drink beer. Upscale enough to bring your wife. Free buffet on Saturdays (for many years; not sure now, as I've been away for two years)

The bars on the corner of Asoke were endless fun, and the bar named after "that book by Nabokov", started in the car park behind them.

Even at its best, Thermae, was a rank imitator. The REAL deal was the Grace Hotel coffee shop, back in the day...or so my few remaining brain cells tell me.

Yes, the Grace hotel..... a great pick up place.....but there was always a whole lot of fugally looking, more or less, older Thai women there rather than packed with young cuties.

But it was a fun place and interesting to observe the goings on there until its popularity more or less just faaaaaaaaaaded away into fond memories.

Cheers