District Licensing Officers check late-opening Pattaya Bars

webfact

District Licensing Officers check late-opening Pattaya Bars

bar-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Just before 5am on Tuesday a team of Banglamung District Licensing Officers were sent out to find bars which were open after their licensed hours of business and their checks led to issues with a number of bars in the South Pattaya area.

The Officers checked along Walking Street and found a number of Go-Go Bars which were still open so they were ordered to close and Managers from the venues were arrested.

The Officers also attended the Bar which was the center of a fight involving 2 Iranians and a Thai Woman in Soi 16 off Walking Street in the early hours of Monday and found the Bar to be open and selling alcoholic beverages.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/188252/district-licensing-officers-check-late-opening-pattaya-bars/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-04-29

i guess the authorities never thought about psdlocking the venues that remain open after hours for a couple months, fine several 100,000 baht and suspend lisense of owners/partners with no chance for them to obtain lisense to open another bar.?

wonder who trains the officials in enforcement of laws and this is a great time to make penatly stiftf enough that it would hurt. hell they might as well have marshmellow fights for all the effort/bite they put into enforcement.

its good to see something is being done about these bars who are flouting the law regarding opening hours and employing foreign managers [ what type of visas?] do these people have I look forward to seeing the result of this case.

• Like 2

its good to see something is being done about these bars who are flouting the law regarding opening hours and employing foreign managers [ what type of visas?] do these people have I look forward to seeing the result of this case.

The foreign managers I'm familiar with are on Extensions of Stay based on work and have work permits.

message to Pattaya bars, if you are going to stay open late, dont serve drunks ok ! not adverse to a late night drink myself but my bar wouldn't serve you if you had one to many, and now the clowns have put the spotlight on themselves and made the news , nice one !!

good post number 11, totally agree, soi 4 goes into panic mode at 1-55 am. stupid law in this day and age in what is a party town, i dont drink there anymore, just go up to soi cowboy and can drink/listen to music at least until 3-30 am and then go sit out on the pavement and listen to two brilliant guitatist, and soak up the atmosphere. no need to get drunk. just enjoy.Aaah ! life is good !! to many miserable old buggers on here trying to tell us how to run our lives, need to get out more. me !! just turned 68. lovin it.