Indonesia executes drug convicts, defying global anger

webfact

Some numbers to mix in with your morning coffee. . . .

In the US, within a recent year, roughly 50,000 people died from alcohol

Around 440,000 died from cigs,

And guess how many died from smoking pot? .....wait for it.... zero.

Yet pot kills no one, but can get you instantly turned in to a criminal doing hard time (maybe even killed by their legal system) in Indonesia and other backward-thinking (SE Asian) countries.

P.S. Those 3 drugs were the only ones with numbers from the Penn & Teller special program I watched. Other drugs weren't included in the tally.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir Richard Branson has responded to an appeal by a British drugs smuggler on death row in Indonesia.

Lindsay Sandiford, 58, from Cheltenham, who is facing death by firing squad, wrote to Sir Richard after he spoke out against recent executions.

She asked him to "help promote the fundraising effort my supporters have begun to pay for a final appeal against the death penalty".

Sir Richard said he was following Ms Sandiford's case closely.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-32625251

Edited by evadgib

Chan's funeral is being held tomorrow and is expected 1000s will attend. Funeral to be held at Hillsong Church, a group who are a classic example of a nutcase Christian sect.

Chan's funeral is being held tomorrow and is expected 1000s will attend. Funeral to be held at Hillsong Church, a group who are a classic example of a nutcase Christian sect.

I daresay they don't behead people though or throw gyas off buildings!

I daresay they don't behead people though or throw gyas off buildings!

True, though the leadership has been involved in covering up pedophilia activities. However to use a word favoured by people such as you, 'deflection'

The media is treating them rock stars and people all children should aspire to be and not the disgusting lowlife pieces of garbage they really are.

The media is treating them rock stars and people all children should aspire to be and not the disgusting lowlife pieces of garbage they really are.
Listen to yourselfs. Self rightous ignorant bigots springs v much to mind

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

If you do a quick bit of research on Hillsong you will find some of the beliefs they espouse and are the reasons I do not respect them, nor any other belief system and their followers who encourage policies resulting in ignorance.

Hillsong's stand on many topical issues in contemporary Christianity is in keeping with mainstream Pentecostalism opposing embryonic stem cell research. Hillsong has also declared support for Creationism and Intelligent Design and believes this should be taught in schools.

I do not support the execution of the two by the Indo govt as IMO it nullifies the motivation for rehab.

I can't speak for what the media says, but state-sanctioned death is too harsh for the crimes those people were accused of.

Addressing; what 'all children should aspire to' : What should children aspire to? Becoming filthy rich Wall Street hustlers which pull ruses with other peoples' money, or perhaps become respected and rich Madison Avenue execs who peddle tons of white sugar to toddlers - rendering half the population of developed countries grossly overweight, they can barely walk up stairs.

If you do a quick bit of research on Hillsong you will find some of the beliefs they espouse and are the reasons I do not respect them, nor any other belief system and their followers who encourage policies resulting in ignorance.

Hillsong's stand on many topical issues in contemporary Christianity is in keeping with mainstream Pentecostalism opposing embryonic stem cell research. Hillsong has also declared support for Creationism and Intelligent Design and believes this should be taught in schools.

I do not support the execution of the two by the Indo govt as IMO it nullifies the motivation for rehab.

So you support execution for other crimes?

A difficult question, as depends on the nature of the crime, but broadly - No

A difficult question, as depends on the nature of the crime, but broadly - No

No is 100 % the right answer
There is no stronger arg'mnt than sooner or later an innocent person will get killed. Just look how many people have been killed on just 'hair' evidence which no appears to be a load of bollacks.

There are some cases where I do support execution. Recently, a Thai man was caught, red-handed (literally), having brutally killed a bar girl in his hotel room. He enjoyed using glass bottles for sexual tools. The last girl apparently resisted, so he broke the bottle and proceeded to ram it in her two orifices where her legs met. For someone like that, where the evidence is solid, I would gladly be the one to snuff him out.

Damn right, they are not just mules, they are the responsible for destroying the live of millions. Without the mules there is no distribution. Its a shame that the rest of the world doesn't execute people for this kind of crime. Keep the efers off the street. Som nom nah..and for the ones who said someone put it in my suitcase.... Well you should have checked it yourself.

Damn right, they are not just mules, they are the responsible for destroying the live of millions. Without the mules there is no distribution. Its a shame that the rest of the world doesn't execute people for this kind of crime. Keep the efers off the street. Som nom nah..and for the ones who said someone put it in my suitcase.... Well you should have checked it yourself.
ok, what if next time you fly you checked your lugage but criminals in the airport open your lugage and put some drugs in it. At the airport of arrival other members of the drug gang should take the drugs out of your lugage but for some reason they couldn't do it. You get inspection and you are caught and arrested for smuggling drugs. After 10 years in prison you are executed.

They've paid the price chook. Their ledger is square. By all accounts they went to their deaths with dignity.

Why the need to still dance on their graves?

They've paid the price chook. Their ledger is square. By all accounts they went to their deaths with dignity.

Why the need to still dance on their graves?

. The Keyboard Warriors are Alive and Well, Unfortunately

• 5 weeks later...

Meanwhile, also in Bali, the Indonesian woman found guilty of arranging the murder of her foreign husband was sentenced to 12 years in prison (as were the 2 who actually hacked him to death). Clearly she thought the sentence excessively harsh as she is contemplating an appeal against the severity. A very sick country.