Embracing the ‘Thainess’ may win free entry to tourist attractions

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whenever I go to Russia I wear an Adidas track suit with gold chains and a tokarev pistol iny waistband...why not dress like a Thai transvestite? Sign me up.

Trying to look like an armed Jimmy Saville?

blink.png

Now then, now then, now then Chicog mate.

Thainess is an allusive thing...depends upon the eye of the beholder...I like the traditional Thai dress for women myself...

Men? Just carry a large machete tucked into your loin cloth...

whenever I go to Russia I wear an Adidas track suit with gold chains and a tokarev pistol iny waistband...why not dress like a Thai transvestite? Sign me up.

Trying to look like an armed Jimmy Saville?

blink.png

Now then, now then, now then Chicog mate.

Goodness gracious me, how's about that then?

Edited by Chicog

I think that changing the wording from "Thainess" to "Thai Culture" would portray a better image!! "Thainess" seems to conjure up a not-so-wholesome, negative aspect.

I suspect the term "thainess" is used by Coconuts to stir up more hits in the thread.

it mays.!!!..............so............. i am not interested in that new, also i am not thai so i dont have to be or look similar.

enough i spend all my money here ....respecting the others of course, but i am not concerned about thainess as we dont have even married with a thai a migrant visa right.

we are non immigrant o...so what the hell, i will pay better my tourist atraction if i want to go there!

coffee1.gif

Is cheating and over pricing every farang that you can is the other side of Thainess. Ask the taxi at the airport.

Next time dress up in a thai national costume, it shows you are supporting the Thai culture and you might get free entrance to a Thai attraction....

There are so many other ways to make a fool of yourself and yet still retain a modicum of self respect, so i'll pass on this one.

Thainess is an allusive thing...depends upon the eye of the beholder...I like the traditional Thai dress for women myself...

Men? Just carry a large machete tucked into your loin cloth...

or dress up as a gay,the men's traditional garb looks made for transgender people

So next time I visit a National park I will go with 4 on the bike, all with no helmet and no lights or driving license. If possible I will enter through the exit as well, if that isn't shown enough Thainess to get free entrance then I don't know it anymore

Is cheating and over pricing every farang that you can is the other side of Thainess. Ask the taxi at the airport.

Next time dress up in a thai national costume, it shows you are supporting the Thai culture and you might get free entrance to a Thai attraction....

There are so many other ways to make a fool of yourself and yet still retain a modicum of self respect, so i'll pass on this one.

Too late.

Well I hope this trend will cause my wife to have a change in heart and allow me once again to walk around the village wearing a pakama (ผ้าขาวม้า) as I was once able to do last some 25 years ago without incurring her wrath. It seemed that once the village had electricity and a paved road that such attire became forbidden. A shame really as the pakama was the most comfortable garment to wear in hot weather.

My Thai wife doesn't know what Thainess is.

We both understand Thai culture and respect and admire it.

you think, as a farang, you 'understand what Thai culture' is? clap2.gif and you 'both' respect and admire it? cheesy.gif wow... just wow... another rose-tinted deluded farang

I am happy to pay to enter the tourist attractions if I pay the same as a Thai, many attractions accept sight of my Thai driving licence to qualify for 'Thai price' but even between national parks this is not always the case. No chance of Free entry to Grand Palace like Thai, even showing licence. Been there so many times to show visiting friends around so hacked off about having to pay the not insubstantial entrance fee

I am happy to pay to enter the tourist attractions if I pay the same as a Thai, many attractions accept sight of my Thai driving licence to qualify for 'Thai price' but even between national parks this is not always the case. No chance of Free entry to Grand Palace like Thai, even showing licence. Been there so many times to show visiting friends around so hacked off about having to pay the not insubstantial entrance fee

But the Grand Palace is closed today, isn't it?

woman-in-niqab.jpg

As I recall, the people in the southern Changwats, who are predominantly muslim, are Thai people also and so they should also be included in the "Thainess" formula??

Or is there some hidden subtlety that I am missing here??

Edited by AlQaholic

Old school Thai was a sarong and bare-breasts. What is being promoted is post Westernization, pre-moderization. Big difference.

However, I'm quiet fine with really, really old school.

I thought this was Thai National Dress !!

Sapphire-Club-Agogo-Pattaya-02-001.jpg

The dead eye 1000 mile stare--c-section cuts..baby at home in isaan with grandma..

Hello Dah-ling you buy me dink?....Where u from? How long u stay Thailand..You speak thai--have GF?

YOU PAY NOW!