Anzac Day Hellfire Pass 2015

F4UCorsair

Any pictures that you can share?

Sorry, I took only a couple and they were of the crowd leaving through the pass.

The MC requested that no flash pics be taken, which of course didn't stop the more ignorant in the crowd from doing so, and I couldn't get anywhere near the cenotaph even 15 minutes after the service to grab a few.

I've had an email from the centre manager and he said the crowd as estimated at 3285 which sounds like a very accurate 'estimate' to me, or maybe there was an electronic counting device?? I presume that included the crowd watching the big screen in the carpark in front of the museum, and they were teeming down the boardwalk as those who were in the pass at the actual service were teeming up the boardwalk.

The disappointing thing from my point of view is that about half of the only seating was reserved for 'dignitaries', most of whom were military, including Thai, and their wives/gf's.

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

Any pictures that you can share?

Sorry, I took only a couple and they were of the crowd leaving through the pass.

The MC requested that no flash pics be taken, which of course didn't stop the more ignorant in the crowd from doing so, and I couldn't get anywhere near the cenotaph even 15 minutes after the service to grab a few.

I've had an email from the centre manager and he said the crowd as estimated at 3285 which sounds like a very accurate 'estimate' to me, or maybe there was an electronic counting device?? I presume that included the crowd watching the big screen in the carpark in front of the museum, and they were teeming down the boardwalk as those who were in the pass at the actual service were teeming up the boardwalk.

The disappointing thing from my point of view is that about half of the only seating was reserved for 'dignitaries', most of whom were military, including Thai, and their wives/gf's.

Many times I have stood over one particular grave there in Kanchanaburi,a 20 year old Royal Engineer,died 1943,20 years later that could have been me 20 years old and in the Royal Engineers.

It really pisses me off these bloody "dignitaries"who the <deleted> they think they are? the army is nothing but a waste of time with those sort of bastards running the show. My army best friend committed suicide because of it all,friends shot down by the IRA,I could kick those <deleted> up the arse and spit on every one of the <deleted>,that is why I never attend.

• Like 1