Multiple Entries & Driving License

Guest Froggy

Guest Froggy

Hi Guys!

I'm a 29yo Canadian without a driving license!

I'm going in Thailand in few months to Marry my girlfriend(Thai Citizen)!

I will apply in Penang after our Marriage Registration for a Multiple Entries Visa!

When I will have this Visa, is it possible to obtain a Thai Driving License?

Thanks for Your Help!

Froggy

You will be eligible for a driving lic. when you have a non-imm. visa. Read the dr. lic. thread for other things needed. Why not apply in Can. for your non-imm. visa. Consulates in Can. are easy to get them from. Tell them, preferably show them you have been supporting her and you intend to be married. Will save a trip to Penang.

You will be eligible for a driving lic. when you have a non-imm. visa. Read the dr. lic. thread for other things needed. Why not apply in Can. for your non-imm. visa. Consulates in Can. are easy to get them from. Tell them, preferably show them you have been supporting her and you intend to be married. Will save a trip to Penang.

Good advice. Apply at a Thai Consulate and visa friendly are Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal. You can do it all by mail if the locations are not convenient

This is the link to the consulate in Vancouver. They are very helpfull and answer their emails, unlike the Canadian Embassy in Thailand...LOL

http://www.thaicongenvancouver.org/

get a 90 day before you go and then you can get an extention to 1 year, rovided you meet the reqiirements, at the immigration office after you are married.

If you are getting married you will need to get a form from the Canadian Embassy/Consolate saying youe are elagable and a few other things befor they will regester the marriage. So make sure you have the correct documents from Canada with you. It takes a couple of days to get all that done. You will also need a good translator because everything will be in Thai or english and have to be translated back and forth. The Thai only will accept things in Thai and the canadians will only accept things translated and then stamped by Thai external affairs.

If you have any questions PM me I was married last year in Thailand.

Martin