How much do you spend per day?

Stan42

120 bahts a day.

food

fuel for scooter

donation

total around 4000 bahts a month

I never have more than 200 bahts in my pocket really. if you have more, you need to come back to basic and forget your lazy western lifestyle a little. you will lose weight and you will feel free.

it s a win win situation, you will be a better person and in your next life you will get more.(this is my VIP advice)

Ha... mostly I do not carry any money at all and yet the smoothie I buy at lunchtime costs more than your total daily spend.

Good to hear living life like a pauper is treating you well.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once heard it stated by someone who should know that 95% of all words spoken were bull - - - -, of no importance and unnecessary....that only 5 % were actually needed ....I suppose it could be said of the written word too.

Have done many days

30 meals x 3 = 90

20 fruit shakes x 2 = 40

50 Snacks or soy milk, 7-11 type stuff = 50

180 baht

That's just staying close to home. Add 40 is taking songteaw round trip somewhere.

Thanks for your replies. I see the average is around 800 to 1000 a day for 1 person.

I'm doubtful about those who stated a number below 300 though.

Money...Money... Money very funie in a rich mens world.

Are You still live Western style are you live in Phuket are Pattaya.

On the market in THA you buy good food for 30THB to 40THB for the rice you cooked home. Even a big mixed salad with dressing 20 to 30 THB (in TESCO 54THB and in Pattong 55). The chicken on the market is half price KFC ETC>>>ETC<<<ETC.

See you doing the same if you have a famely. If I was allone then maybe I spent a little more.

Why doubful ? It's all in datasheets on my computer , I can prove it.

Some of the low numbers given here don't include : soap , shampoo, medication, clothing , shoes, shavingstuff, toiletpaper,....retirement extention & 90 day report costs,....car cleaning & polishing stuff , a little dog & cat foot for the locals, batteries,....

My 185B/day includes everything , but not the rent , like you asked.

Some of the low numbers given here don't include : soap , shampoo, medication, clothing , shoes, shavingstuff, toiletpaper,....retirement extention & 90 day report costs,....car cleaning & polishing stuff , a little dog & cat foot for the locals, batteries,....

Even in the states while working out did not spend 1000 baht a day on food and incidentals. Thats $900 a month. Whats all the money being spent on?

Even in the states while working out did not spend 1000 baht a day on food and incidentals. Thats $900 a month. Whats all the money being spent on?

Booze, and what follows, I think biggrin.png

Boats 'n Hoes

It's definitely not hard to spend money if your single and have money.I eat at restaurants quite A bit.Many of the restaurants

Aren't cheap.Plus entertaining.I can go thru 1 million baht A year no problem.

My daily expense are right at B5k/mo. I do plan my budget for only food, drink, and local travel--I do not smoke. Very few of my days include only those expenses. Even those expenses vary dependent upon my travel and how often I eat at home, how often I hit the bars. If I do not consider purchases, charity, gambling, rent, utilities, mortgage, taxes, insurance, management fees, brokerage fees, airline tickets, hotels, taxis, and gas for in-country trips, let's see. Well, today I ate only once--spent B355 for a great bluecheese and bacon burger with fries and cole slaw and another B320 for two ciders to wash it down, I rode only a few kilometers in town, so maybe only B40 for gas, and another B780 on Jack sodas in the bars--oh yes, and another B420 on Bloody Marys and Beer for breakfast. That's B1915 and my wife is not with me, so she had expenses too--luckily she doesn't drink.

Now, that is not the normal day, because I am at bike week in Ao Nang, so I also have hotel and the gas and wear and tear on the bike it took to get here. The cheapest days, of course, are the ones I spend entirely at home, but those occur maybe twice a week, maybe less. The wife is a great cook, but we are both carnivores, and eat plenty of it, and we like good coffee, good breads, cheeses, desserts and plenty of veggies, fruit, juice and milk. So, our daily grocery bills are not cheap, but you would have to ask her how much. The wife and I go out to eat--breakfast, lunch or dinner-- about 8-10 times a week. Rarely do we spend less than B400 for a meal, probably averages more like B650. I rarely drink alone at home, but always have spirits wine and beer for our frequent parties.

So, I cannot fathom making it on so little. I am glad I do not have to.

It's about average daily spend, not daily spend... It's not hard to average 1000 baht a day... Some days I spend 5000+, other days nothing, some days I play golf, some days I have to put gas in the car or bike, some days I need a haircut, other days it's off to the movies, dinner out with friends, need something for the house and it goes on and on and on... The closer you live to the bone, the cheaper it gets... It is one thing to live a minimalist lifestyle because you want to and quite another because you have to... Either way, folks on a tight budget are usually better off here than in their homeland...

No rent....do debt. Have not been to a bar for a long long time. Gf works has her own money.......I love cooking but when get bored gf cooks........With the Ex, it was a struggle to keep in around 100k a month.....now Im happy at between 30 and 40.....

In the States, when I worked there I bought supplies at the big stores once in a while because it was cheaper. When I went to work I took my food with me, never eating lunch out.......why? because over a months time it would add up quickly. The same with popping into a 7-11 for snacks, coffee and such, didn't do it.

But, here in Thailand I do it all the time. The only way to not spend much is to never go to town.

In the States, when I worked there I bought supplies at the big stores once in a while because it was cheaper. When I went to work I took my food with me, never eating lunch out.......why? because over a months time it would add up quickly. The same with popping into a 7-11 for snacks, coffee and such, didn't do it.

But, here in Thailand I do it all the time. The only way to not spend much is to never go to town.

When I calculate my figure....it takes into consideration....health and vehicle insurance....the trips we take....just finished a month holiday....books videos....gas....still way cheap.....

my budget is 4,000 baht / day.

I stay at the Marriot or Sheraton in the VIP suite whichever has it available for a couple of weeks every month.

Given that the cheapest suite at the Sheraton in BKK starts at THB 11k, methinks you're telling porkies.

I stay at the Marriot or Sheraton in the VIP suite whichever has it available for a couple of weeks every month.

Given that the cheapest suite at the Sheraton in BKK starts at THB 11k, methinks you're telling porkies.

sorry, the 4,000 baht is just for expenses .... the room cost is seperate but your close to the $$ figure although I get a special rate every month.

I spend 4,000 baht on food and beer and tips ... and the tips are very good as i'm always treated like a king.

I eat at one of the most expensive restaurants in bangkok as I like my lobster.

sorry, the 4,000 baht is just for expenses .... the room cost is seperate but your close to the $$ figure although I get a special rate every month.

I spend 4,000 baht on food and beer and tips ... and the tips are very good as i'm always treated like a king.

I eat at one of the most expensive restaurants in bangkok as I like my lobster.

Yup, ten years ago in Hong Kong my apartment at the Marriot in Pacific Place cost the company USD 10K a month and my daily expense were silly money - I hope you're savings some of it because it doesn't last forever.

Well, to all you who think we are moneyed gentry; maybe you should get a woman who adds to the income--my wife has a US pension, earns more than B1000/day teaching English and she's a Filipina.

Archived