How much do you spend per day?

Stan42

On average, how much money do you spend per day for the bare necessities? (Not counting rent or shopping etc.). I mean Food, Traveling from A to B, Drinks (if you're a drinker), Smokes (if you're a smoker), misc. (must be daily)

I've calculated 352 thb per day.

Anything beyond 600 thb I consider to have had a treat.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On average, having a dependant wife, dogs and cats, kids always on the earhole for money, household bills, we don`t use aircon, 2 motorbikes for wifey and me and food, plus other little extras such as house maintenance or unexpected repairs or the odd medical bill, about 1000 baht per day.

We live comfortably but not living the high life on that amount. I guess it is possible for a single person to survive on 350 baht a day, if they live the lifestyle of a hermit, but I certainly wouldn`t fancy it.

If you do manage to exist on 352 baht a day say for a year? Than perhaps you could make a fortune by writing a book on how you archived it or maybe Columbia Pictures will turn it into a movie?

look, a 1000 Baht pocket money per day can get you a "good" living. Accomodation paid for.

From there on, the sky is the limit. If you got 5000 THB to spend every day, your can freeze your smile.

The average spending for a living is 300 Baht per day ( Acc and all paid)

Sex will move the picture upward, Beer and bars even more.

Up to you , the saying is here

We hit the clubs 3 or 4 times monthly....and average 1000 to 1500 each time. Also do a buffet once a week for 500 (2 people). Other times are spent on the bicycles and at the exercise parks....(no fee for that).

My wife and I enjoy the outdoors, and take an expensive road trip ever third month (15,000 for hotel, food and gas). Beside the 3 or 4 drinking binges....we do not frequent bars daily, nor do we smoke). Gas money for car for looking around is 2000 per month. We have hobbies at home...and gardening. I do spend the hottest hours of the day indoors at the computer.

Best to figure out daily spending (entertainment) as a 90 day figure. About 45,000. Averaging that out per day is 500 per day or 15000 baht per month. That does not include shopping....(for food)...so with that, it would be 1000 per day. I have to add in the food, as sometimes we spend at restaurants instead of buying food.

When I was single ..I still spent 1000 a day..on the average...

I learned the hard way....going to bars as a single man could become habit forming..and expensive.

All depends on the persons personal situation.

Married, kids, no kids, kids which age, party guy (daily or sometimes), liking Thai food or must eat expensive farang food, ect., ect.

For me average per month 12.000 to 21.000, depends on my monthly stupidity and alcoholic needs.

Add to that my low rent and electric, total basically 25-26.000

To answer your question as a single guy, 400 to 700 baht daily.

There where times when money was short and I did 100-200 baht per day.

Why does immigration need the proof of 800.000 baht for a retirement visa?

So easy to have a good and happy life for a lot less in Thailand.

Motorcycle, house, child in private school . . . I try to stay around 500 baht per day after the reoccurring bills are paid. The 500 is for lunch and snack money for my son (plus any school incidentals he might need), lunch money for myself, any items needed at the store on a particular day, fuel for the bike, etc. Some days I am under, some I am over. But 500 is a solid average (if I stay away from delivered foods LOL).

No rent but with a car : 185 B/day. ( av over last 1743 day in Thailand).

Forgot : The car costs around 55 B/day ( insurance + tax + maintenance ) , so living expences 130 B/day.

For the two of us i average about less than 600 baht a day. This includes house rental, meals, travel, hotel, gas for bike, misc. Totally possible and it is a good life. Learning to speak Thai can save you a great deal of money.

5 - 600 a day on average.

That would include my 110 Baht breakfast, 4 or 5 large beers at 60 Baht each and a packet of ciggies. Sometimes I even go overboard and buy American fried rice @ 50 Baht!

Other days, depending on where I go or what I need maybe 1,000 Baht. My needs are simple and the g/f only ever drinks one beer when (if) I take her out laugh.png

50 baht for fried rice ? yikes

5 - 600 a day on average.

That would include my 110 Baht breakfast, 4 or 5 large beers at 60 Baht each and a packet of ciggies. Sometimes I even go overboard and buy American fried rice @ 50 Baht!

Other days, depending on where I go or what I need maybe 1,000 Baht. My needs are simple and the g/f only ever drinks one beer when (if) I take her out laugh.png

for the bare necessities? (Not counting rent or shopping etc.). I mean Food, ...

I usually go shopping in a supermarket for my food and other bare necessities, so I'm at a loss as to how to account for those items if I exclude shopping. I suppose if you're a hunter/gatherer or a shoplifter that would reduce your shopping expenses. And of course not counting "etc" is somewhat limiting. Under the cover of anonymity I will freely admit that the older I get the more "etc" I throw in the shopping cart. But then I can't count that anyway since it falls under the banned heading of "shopping."

Drinks (if you're a drinker), Smokes (if you're a smoker), misc. (must be daily)

Shopping is not included, but bare necessities like booze and cigarettes should be included as well as the all-important "misc," as long as you don't try to sneak in rent or shopping under "misc" and "misc" must be daily or you'll receive more than a stern warning. None of this drinking, smoking or misc accounting on a weekly basis.

I'm sure the results of this meaningful, well thought out survey will be useful for us all.

I usually manage to plow through Baht 50,000 to Baht 75,000 a month, so about Baht 1600 to Baht 2500 a day on average. I don't pay rent, but I'm sure a significant amount of what I spend falls under the banned heading of shopping, misc and etc.

You should have saved this survey for next April first.

Archived