Juicers

Lumbini

Ok after buying all the top brands available here from Kuving to Hurom and the latest models I am moving on . Next to no service and if one uses these machines daily and is power user there will be issues and that leaves your machine down for weeks and cash out of pocket no matter what warranty is as stores here always blame how you use on any problems . I have now gotten to where I own two so when one breaks I have backup while the lonnnnnng & painful trip to store for help starts . With all that said the machine to have for many reasons is new Slowstar that is most powerful and has twin blade that is not attached to screen at top where the Hurom Elite HH breaks . Also this company has 10 year warranty on all parts with no questions if not user error . The catch is you must order direct from company in U.S. . That's no problem as they have a 220v model ( and you can buy direct and they will ship ) and if you have issues will mail spare parts . Here if you buy juicer at Central or Powerbuys for example and you have problem you wait weeks for parts and may be charged with them blaming you at times for part breakage so to be able to have company directly send you parts and buy juicer from company direct like I want to do with Slowstar is dream come true . Juicing with these new generation of juicers is real medicine for health but stress from attempting to get service here is unhealthy stress and ruins the potential if you are power user . Question is how much will duty be on a 380 dollar juicer ? I can ship it slow for not too much and even 20% duty would be good so I not have to deal with local so called support . If it comes and customs decides to charge big $ for duty then it's not worth it . I could have company put receipt in and if duty is 20% like I hear that's great but I post here to see if customs could do anything they want ? Has anyone had experience with this . Vitamix blenders for example when you want 220v are twice the price and makes them too much but this juicer to get 220v model is same price as U.S. version so great deal and best juicer on market but if customs can spoil the deal then that changes everything . Any comments or experience would be helpful thanks .

Tribest Slowstar, SW-2000-B Vertical Slow Juicer & Mincer

http://www.tribestlife.com/productdisplay/tribest-slowstar-sw-2000-b-vertical-slow-juicer-mincer#tab1

post-202056-14304200467611_thumb.jpgpost-202056-14304200619724_thumb.jpg

big boys. big toys.

Thai's go big fruits, and every fruit gets a correct treatment.

I once wanted to introduce a Power juicer, when I realized i can eat all these fruits

at the twist of a small knife.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

What you say is of course true, but do you actually eat so many fruits / vegetables? It is a lot easier to drink them....

On the other hand, by juicing them we remove the fibers.

To the OP: those machines that you talk about are so expensive, perhaps you could buy 4 simple ones for the same price, so you will always have 1 in working order while the others are being repaired?

Cheap ones might not do what you want. A very powerful one which also turns at a slow speed is said to produce a higher quality juice than a light one with high rpms. Some claim that high rpms produce heat and damage some of the nutrients. It takes a really good build quality to withstand a lot of torque. Cheap ones tend to spin at a high rpm but would stall out under a heavy load.

I have a Champion which must be 25 years old and you could put a dump truck through it and get the water out of the radiator, LOL.

Here is a video that tells much

( go to you _ube and fo a search for this

Breville Juice Fountain Elite vs Slowstar Juicer Review: Fresh Tomato Paste Recipe

and watch it came up a few days ago and will answer many questions on what's difference between high speed and low speed cold pressed single auger juicers .

Any thoughts on duty ? I thought that 20% was the norm but can not find the law/ rule / rate .... Thanks

Your problem is not only duty. If it comes to the attention of a customs officer, you may be be required to obtain an "electronic permit" from whatever government department does this for electrical items. Happened to me once and the parcel vanished into a black hole for several months as a result. Eventually got the clearance but then had to pay, not only for that process, but also for storage due to prolonged stay at customs...on top of the customs duty. Came to mega, mega $.

Of key importance is how the supplier would ship it. If by a courier (DHL, Fedex) which many suppliers seem to insist on, the odds of what I described happening are very, very high. If by regular air mail, it may come through with just a duty or even no duty (for no particular reason that I can determine, this happens, customs can be quite arbitrary).

My personal advice would be not to even attempt this unless you can get it shipped by regular mail.

As for the duty, it varies by type of item and can easily exceed 100% of the value for some categories of things In fact can go as high as 300%). Mainly they have really high tariffs for items they want to discourage import of due to local manufacture and I suspect anything electronic would fall into that.

Thanks so much , will stay in gratitude for Iherb ( that find has been so helpful ) and see if I can buy Slowstar here or get shipped regular mail .

PS , company sent me this dealer who imports their products but do not see Slowstar on the site just older models but will call them Monday ..

VJ SUPPLIES EURONATIONS CO., LTD.

Showroom:

1448/14-15 Paholyothin Road,

Chandrakasem Chatujak,

10900 Bangkok, Thailand

MB: +66 88 6477043 +66 85 0199446

E-mail: [email protected]

big boys. big toys.

Thai's go big fruits, and every fruit gets a correct treatment.

I once wanted to introduce a Power juicer, when I realized i can eat all these fruits

at the twist of a small knife.

I can eat fruits even without knife.....I think we did it the last few million years.

The best juicer award goes to ( not the Hurom HH it not even the runner up ) Slowstar but I can not find in any stores here [emoji87]

After pushing almost 25 pounds of leafy, crunchy, pulpy produce through nine top machines, we think the Tribest Slowstar ($380) is the best and most versatile juicer for the home.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/10/the-best-juicer/[

Archived