Thailand Orders DNA Verification in British Backpacker Murders

Jacob Maslow

This is getting interesting. To get an idea of the lies being put forth here, anyone curious enough should check out when the "video evidence" of Nomsod being in Bangkok was actually presented... It's about 6 weeks after the crimes took place, but you will find that disguised in the wording used by some posters...

Then check out the ability of some posters to validate their claims...

jdinasia... A lot of us have been waiting so long for any historical evidence of that trial reporting... I'm going to guess that it won't be forthcoming because it was lies...

AleG... You choose to dispute that DNA evidence can only prove innocence. Validate that claim please.

GOLDBUGGY... You claim 30 years experience in law enforcement and have stated that there was an exact match in the DNA/semen evidence extracted from one of the deceased... clearly you have no knowledge of these things otherwise you would know that there can never be an "exact match" as you stated...

Jeez... so much prejudice here... don't it make you wonder why...?

Edited by jimmybkk

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and that assertion made by jdinasia that he knows what it would take to get a conviction in the US... The one that was backed up with..., well,.... absolutely nothing....

Here's one backed up with something about what it takes to get an acquittal in the US...

1. The 9-1-1 call and the history of Simpson's violence directed at Nicole Brown.

2. Hair evidence: (1) hairs consistent with that of Simpson found on cap at Bundy residence, (2) hairs consistent with that of Simpson found on Ron Goldman's shirt.

3. Fiber evidence: (1) cotton fibers consistent with the carpet in the Bronco found on glove at Rockingham, (2) fibers consistent with the carpet from the Bronco found on cap at Bundy residence.

4. Blood evidence: (1) killer dropped blood near shoe prints at Bundy, (2) blood dropped at Bundy was of same type as Simpson's (about 0.5% of population would match), (3) Simpson had fresh cuts on left hand on day after murder, (4) blood found in Bronco, (5) blood found in foyer and master bedroom of Simpson home, (5) blood found on Simpson's driveway, (6) blood on socks in OJ's home matched Nicole's.

5. Glove evidence: (1) left glove found at Bundy and right glove found at Simpson residence are Aris Light gloves, size XL, (2) Nicole Brown bought pair of Aris Light XL gloves in 1990 at Bloomingdale's, (3) Simpson wore Aris Light gloves from 1990 to June, 1994.

6. Shoe evidence: (1) shoe prints found at Bundy were from a size 12 Bruno Magli shoe, (2) bloody shoe impression on Bronco carpet is consistent with a Magli shoe, (3) Simpson wore a size 12 shoe.

7. Other evidence: (1) flight in Bronco, (2) strange reaction to phone call informing him of Nicole Brown's death, etc.

Source: http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/Simpson/Evidence.html

And those claims that Panya's promotion was revealed in the Royal Gazette... More lies.... If anyone is interested simply open the Royal Gazette on the day that JD claims Panya's promotion was announced and search for his name... in Thai of course.

You won't find it by the way.... because it's not there, the same as it's not in the Bangkok Post or PhuketWan as JD also claimed it was.

back again, more running in circles, chasing tails.

These threads would a lot less convoluted, if officials would simply do the jobs (they're paid to do by taxpayers) in a halfway decent manner. I'm referring not only to Thai officials, who are becoming a laughing stock, but also to Brit authorities who aren't even trying to disprove the assertion that they're too concerned about Brit-Thai politics (and not having any Thai officials lose face) - to be concerned about finding out how and why two of their subjects died horrific deaths. Never mind that vicious criminals are likely walking around KT without a care - knowing they're untouchable. Which 20-something yr. old farang backpacker will be next? Whose sister? Whose son? Mai pen rai, because tourist revenue is what matters most, so a few backpacker deaths here and there won't dampen that - particularly if officials do all they can to quickly sweep it under the rug.

These threads would a lot less convoluted, if officials would simply do the jobs (they're paid to do by taxpayers) in a halfway decent manner. I'm referring not only to Thai officials, who are becoming a laughing stock, but also to Brit authorities who aren't even trying to disprove the assertion that they're too concerned about Brit-Thai politics (and not having any Thai officials lose face) - to be concerned about finding out how and why two of their subjects died horrific deaths. Never mind that vicious criminals are likely walking around KT without a care - knowing they're untouchable. Which 20-something yr. old farang backpacker will be next? Whose sister? Whose son? Mai pen rai, because tourist revenue is what matters most, so a few backpacker deaths here and there won't dampen that - particularly if officials do all they can to quickly sweep it under the rug.

From the above: "Never mind that vicious criminals are likely walking around KT without a care - knowing they're untouchable. Which 20-something yr. old farang backpacker will be next? Whose sister? Whose son?"

So what are they waiting for?

From the above: "Never mind that vicious criminals are likely walking around KT without a care - knowing they're untouchable. Which 20-something yr. old farang backpacker will be next? Whose sister? Whose son?"

Even tho it's a leading question, I'll venture an answer. . . .

>>> opportunity. A pretty young, blond, probably drunk girl, late at night, who's perhaps too open and friendly.

>>> The perp(s) having a strong combination of hormones and drugs pumping through their veins

>>> the perp(s) being offended, and having that offense amplified by drugs, hormones, friends nearby (goading, laughing)

.....shall I go on?

And Crab's next Q probably is, "Why haven't they done it again since September '14?" I don't know. Probably laying low for awhile, as criminals are wont to do. Maybe thinking of another locale. Maybe got a g.f. for the time being. Maybe they'll never kill/rape again. But I, for one, don't rest easy if such vicious men are out in public strolling around. Do you?

>>> opportunity. A pretty young, blond, probably drunk girl, late at night, who's perhaps too open and friendly.

>>> The perp(s) having a strong combination of hormones and drugs pumping through their veins

>>> the perp(s) being offended, and having that offense amplified by drugs, hormones, friends nearby (goading, laughing)

.....shall I go on?

And Crab's next Q probably is, "Why haven't they done it again since September '14?" I don't know. Probably laying low for awhile, as criminals are wont to do. Maybe thinking of another locale. Maybe got a g.f. for the time being. Maybe they'll never kill/rape again. But I, for one, don't rest easy if such vicious men are out in public strolling around. Do you?

Maybe they've decided to wait for a hot French one this time.

.....shall I go on?

Maybe they've decided to wait for a hot French one this time.

Or, far more likely, the murderers / rapists are in jail awaiting trial

Edited by Jai Dee
edited by request of OP

As we can't link the Bangkok post, here is another source as to what Andy Hall recently said.

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/5036

Thanks for the link. Interesting read. One point; I hadn't heard the allegation by the accused, that they had wet bags placed over their heads in the 'safe house' though I had heard they were threatened with serious harm (electrocution?). I wouldn't doubt the inquisitors were apprised of how to inflict maximum fear without inflicting facial wounds - which would show soon after, in the inevitable press photos.

Some posters may be considering going to Ko Samui to attend the event. If entering the court chamber, then it would help to be fluent in Thai, but is not a requirement. Someone or two could report from there - to us at ThaiVisa. We don't have to completely rely upon press corps' interpretation of the translated version conveyed by the court. Sometimes the meaning of a spoken sentence can hinge on just one little word or phrase.

I may swing a visit on the first 2 days of September, which would coincide with the defense's first two days (of 5) to present their witnesses. I had already booked an overseas flight for mid-Sept, so won't be back in Thailand until after the verdict is given.

According to some people, there's a multi-layered conspiracy going from the very top of Thai society down to all the people on Koh Tao. If someone really believed that......

I, however, think that the conspiracy theorists will be safe. Though it would be possible that the families of those constantly defamed might look for some people who have broken the defamation laws... (to sue)

Edited by jdinasia

According to some people, there's a multi-layered conspiracy going from the very top of Thai society down to all the people on Koh Tao. If someone really believed that......

I, however, think that the conspiracy theorists will be safe. Though it would be possible that the families of those constantly defamed might look for some people who have broken the defamation laws... (to sue)

Your safe............coffee1.gif

Yes I am.

I don't ascribe to conspiracy theories and I don't defame people.

Do I sense a touch of glee (from you), when you speculate about some people getting hit with defamation suits and/or bodily harm?

Yes I am.

The biggest conspiracy theory is the uniformed masses, from the cop on the beat all they way up to the self-appointed PM. What has been their chorus on this case? Convict! The DNA evidence is unassailable! They must be guilty!

Could any lower-ranking official stand up to his superiors and request to look closely at those who were initially prime suspects? If you answer 'yes' then you aren't apprised at how things work in Thailand.

Boomerangutang - I never suggested that violence was likely. Prosecution via civil and criminal defamation cases are a distinct possibility.

You again seem to be unable to distinguish between a conspiracy and a conspiracy theory.

As for how things actually work in Thailand ; I work with military officers daily. Perhaps I have actual first-hand knowledge that you lack :)

Edited by jdinasia

From a post above:The biggest conspiracy theory is the uniformed masses...

You've got uniformed masses; I've got my uniformed masses. Your Serpico-fixation is getting stretched pretty thin.

From a post above:The biggest conspiracy theory is the uniformed masses...

You've got uniformed masses; I've got my uniformed masses. Your Serpico-fixation is getting stretched pretty thin.

'Serpico fixation' wow, I've been called a lot of things, but that's a new one.

I like Serpico. Unlike me, he was an insider - while trying to expose criminal activity within the NY police force. The criminals were on all levels, from the newbie guy on the sidewalk, to the old men in their ivory towers. Even the NYC mayor was implicated in covering up serious wrongdoings. All Thai cops should be required to study Serpico's story.

Serpico barely survived the ordeal, and wound up residing in obscurity in Switzerland. Thai cops couldn't get to first base if they tried exposing criminal behavior in their ranks. They wouldn't make it to lunch time. If the PM really wants to clean up Thai police (and military) he could do the following: Guarantee safety for any whistle blowers and their families. Not easy to do, but not impossible either. Listen to the whistle-blowers and, if their assertions have merit, follow up firmly according to the legal procedures. If it's shown that some cops or top officials were complicit in a cover-up re; the Ko Tao double murder, then same-same: Those officials should be prosecuted to the full degree.

Are there any laws in Thailand dealing with covering-up a crime and/or assigning scapegoats? It wouldn't surprise me if there weren't. If there are, have they ever been enforced? ....more than just a wrist slap or a re-assignment? That would surprise me, and others who seek decency in law-enforcement personnel - and how they do their jobs.

Yes I am.

You also don't understand how to use the word ascribe correctly, and it seems you're finding the meaning of "conspiracy theory" a bit challenging too so here's a bit of a guide for you:

A conspiracy: A secret agreement between 2 or more people to commit an unlawful or harmful act. e.g. If 2 Burmese lads were sitting on the beach and agreed to go and attempt to rape or murder someone, that would be a conspiracy.

A theory: An idea or set of ideas that is intended to explain facts or events. e.g. If someone were to put forth the explanation that David and Hannah's deaths were a result of an attack by 2 Burmese lads, that would be a theory.

Put them together and what have you got? Well I'll be darned... sure as hell looks like one of them dang conspiracy theories, don't it?

Back to Nomsod huh?

... wow, I've been called a lot of things, but that's a new one I have other ones but I prefer not to be banned.

So, besides quoting a line from Chinatown movie a dozen different times, you're also adept at name-calling! Am impressed.

A conspiracy: A secret agreement between 2 or more people to commit an unlawful or harmful act. e.g. If 2 Burmese lads were sitting on the beach and agreed to go and attempt to rape or murder someone, that would be a conspiracy.

Here's another definition of conspiracy, relating to the case, which I think is more plausible:

A small group of the highest ranked Thai police, deciding they needed an indictment quickly - after the crime. There was, after all, pressure from top level power-players in Bangkok. Even TAT was concerned, as a show of indecisiveness would, in their words, "hurt Thai tourism" ...revenue streams.

So, that small group, for whatever reasons didn't want to indict people connected to a powerful mafia-like boss on the small island ("A Thai person couldn't have done this") ....so they resorted to nailing a couple youngsters from the most powerless and vulnerable group on the island. Yup: young migrants. From the get-go, the conspirators claimed the boys were in Thailand illegally. That was later proven untrue, but it wasn't a big deal in the overall scheme of things.

Where are we at now? All of Thai officialdom related to the case, from the lowest newbie on the local police force, to the top power-brokers in Bangkok, are aligned, shoulder-to-shoulder - aiming for conviction of the B2. They'll probably accept, grudgingly, dropping of charges. But no way will they accept any of the former prime suspects being looked at again. That's where they draw the line.

Just because all of Thai officialdom is in favor of conviction, doesn't mean they're all in on the conspiracy. That's the myth jdinasia keeps trying to assert, in order to dispense with the conspiracy-of-officials idea. No, only a few at the top of the pyramid need to be conspirators, in order for it to be a plausible conspiracy. All the rest simply follow orders and maintain their pay-checks - and however else they bring in money.

Back to Nomsod huh?

... wow, I've been called a lot of things, but that's a new one I have other ones but I prefer not to be banned.

So, besides quoting a line from Chinatown movie a dozen different times, you're also adept at name-calling! Am impressed.

I am adept at NOT name-calling. I just go where there is material and I couldn't hope to find a better set-up guy than yourself.

So you use Mark Knopfler for a tag and I use Chinatown ... Aw forget it.

Edited by JLCrab

Here's another definition of conspiracy, relating to the case, which I think is more plausible:

A small group of the highest ranked Thai police, deciding they needed an indictment quickly - after the crime. There was, after all, pressure from top level power-players in Bangkok. Even TAT was concerned, as a show of indecisiveness would, in their words, "hurt Thai tourism" ...revenue streams.

So, that small group, for whatever reasons didn't want to indict people connected to a powerful mafia-like boss on the small island ("A Thai person couldn't have done this") ....so they resorted to nailing a couple youngsters from the most powerless and vulnerable group on the island. Yup: young migrants. From the get-go, the conspirators claimed the boys were in Thailand illegally. That was later proven untrue, but it wasn't a big deal in the overall scheme of things.

Where are we at now? All of Thai officialdom related to the case, from the lowest newbie on the local police force, to the top power-brokers in Bangkok, are aligned, shoulder-to-shoulder - aiming for conviction of the B2. They'll probably accept, grudgingly, dropping of charges. But no way will they accept any of the former prime suspects being looked at again. That's where they draw the line.

Just because all of Thai officialdom is in favor of conviction, doesn't mean they're all in on the conspiracy. That's the myth jdinasia keeps trying to assert, in order to dispense with the conspiracy-of-officials idea. No, only a few at the top of the pyramid need to be conspirators, in order for it to be a plausible conspiracy. All the rest simply follow orders and maintain their pay-checks - and however else they bring in money.

Perfect example of the mentality of conspiracy theorists.

Perfect example of the mentality of conspiracy theorists.

If you've got nothing to add to the conversation, other than name-calling, it's ok to not post.