Refusal

:o:D My wife has just had her interview and her application was turned down.She has some papers stating the reason but as she is upset is there ny way hat i can get hold of a copy of these apart from her faxing or mailing them to me.As i would like to no why her application was unsuccessful.

:D

:o:D My wife has just had her interview and her application was turned down.She has some papers stating the reason but as she is upset is there ny way hat i can get hold of a copy of these apart from her faxing or mailing them to me.As i would like to no why her application was unsuccessful.

Sorry to hear Binnsy,

My Friends Wife has her Interview for SV at the end of September ....it would be great if you could let us know what went wrong .....maybe something that we can learn of.....don't give up and good luck for the next try ,

rcm :D

Sorry to hear Binnsy,

My Friends Wife has her Interview for SV at the end of September ....it would be great if you could let us know what went wrong .....maybe something that we can learn of.....don't give up and good luck for the next try ,

once i find out anything that may be of use i will certainly pass it on,as you dont want to feel like i do at present :D

:D:D My wife has just had her interview and her application was turned down.She has some papers stating the reason but as she is upset is there ny way hat i can get hold of a copy of these apart from her faxing or mailing them to me.As i would like to no why her application was unsuccessful.

Sorry to hear Binnsy,

once i find out anything that may be of use i will certainly pass it on,as you dont want to feel like i do at present :D

Well, they had that :o feeling before as she was refused for the VV ...so i hope they get it right on the SV...

Need to establish the grounds for refusal. I'm sure if you share the info with Scouser and GU they will be able to clarify your next steps. Keep hope alive all is not lost yet. :o

She is as p***ed of as me but she says that she will try once more.if not succeed at first attempt give it another go Then **** em!

Binnsy,

I'm sorry to hear the news. Before you do anything else, you need to see the refusal notice and the interview notes. Additionally, the refusal of a settlement visa attracts the right of appeal, so you should make sure, irrespective of what else happens, that the relevant form is returned within 28 days. Your wife will have been given such a form.

The embassy will probably not release a copy of the refusal notice and interview notes without authority from your wife. She can e-mail you such authority, and you can then forward the e-mail to the embassy. Alternatively, she can fax the authority to the embassy, asking them to e-mail you the documents.

Once you have these, you can then determine whether the decision is reasonable.

Cheers,

Scouse.

The visa section at the embassy in Bangkok can be quite obstructive when it comes to releasing interview notes, so you may care to cite their own instructions:-

Diplomatic Service Procedures 26.8 - Release of case notes to solicitors, applicants, sponsors or other third parties.

If/when you receive requests direct from applicants, who have been refused or from third parties, such as solicitors, who are clearly acting on behalf of the applicant, you should release a copy of the original interview notes. If you receive requests from a sponsor or a solicitor acting on behalf of a sponsor, you should only release case details if it is clear that the applicant has given his/her authority. This need not be written authority although in cases of doubt, it might be prudent to obtain it.

It would be disingenuous of them to argue that you don't have an interest in the case when you're the applicant's husband.

Scouse.

I m sorry about that mate, especially as there seems to be plenty of space for our other brethren who did not see fit to legally apply for entry at an Embassy.

I thought the Embassy did not have to explain why they refused to anyone exept the Home Office. Is this not true?

Binnsy,

Really sorry to hear your news. As well as submitting the appeal notice within the required 28 days, I'd recommend writing immediately to the Entry Clearance Manager asking that the decision be reviewed.

Have a read of Guidance - Appeals (INF 20) and DSPs Vol 1, Chapter 26 - Refusals

I thought the Embassy did not have to explain why they refused to anyone exept the Home Office. Is this not true?
All applicants for a UK visa who are refused must be given a written notice of the reasons for the refusal. If the refusal has a right of appeal they must also be given the Notice of Appeal form AIT2 and a leaflet explaining how to fill in the Notice of Appeal form. As Scouse says, the embassy must also release a copy of the interview notes upon the request of the applicant.

Sorry Binnsy, thats about all I can say.

Read what scouse, GU22 and Vinny have to say , glean all the info they have suggested and perhaps PM them or post for further help, all may not be lost.

Well, saying Good Luck didn't help last time, so I'll wish you both well this time.

Moss

Sorry Binnsy, thats about all I can say.

Read what scouse, GU22 and Vinny have to say , glean all the info they have suggested and perhaps PM them or post for further help, all may not be lost.

Well, saying Good Luck didn't help last time, so I'll wish you both well this time.

Moss

Binnsy, I hope it works out for you, my wife has her interview shortly, news like yours, with all respect, isn't encouraging!

I wish you well.

Ollie.

Edited by Ollie

Binnsy, Having been in your situation i know exactly how you feel and i'm very sorry . It would help if you could post the main points of the refusal. Another genuine couple have had their visa refused. Disgraceful.

Edited by Scouse.

Hiya a.l.a.n.

Is it possible to give us an insight into why you had a refusal for future pointers, providing of course they are not too personal.

Did you or are you in the process of appealing.

I looked but couldn,t find any referrences to your case.

Thanks in advance.

marshbags :o:D:D

Keep your chin up Binnsy, all is not lost and there are always other routes, appeals and applications once the reasons are known.

Especially with the guidance of our moderators

Edited by marshbags

Binnsy, Having been in your situation i know exactly how you feel and i'm very sorry . It would help if you could post the main points of the refusal. Another genuine couple have had their visa refused. Disgraceful.

Edited by Scouse.

Cheers, :o as soon as i get the papers with the reason for the refusal on i will be seeking advice on my next step. :D

Scouse/Gu22

My wife has taken the papers to a internet cafe/shop and they scanned them Alas there was 7 pages but i never got a copy of page 3 of the AIT-2 APPEAL FORM is this the page which contains the reason for refusal or is this on a seperate piece of paper.

Cheers

binnsy :o

As far as I can recall, the refusal notice should be separate from the appeal form.

Get the appeal notice in quick, remember that it must be lodged within 28 days of the refusal.

Have you tried contacting the ECM, as suggested previously?