Recent tripto Northern Myanmar

Fantastic picture's Richard, can i ask how you approach people before you take their picture ? I've had a mild interest in photography for a few years now and taken some great shot's in S.E Asia but i always feel abit rude when photographing people...almost like i'm invading their privacy. Do you simply smile and ask if it's ok ?

Also how and where did you rent motorbikes? is it possible to rent long term..i.e 3 or 4 weeks ? I'm planning a motorbike trip later this year, i was initially thinking of India or China but would love a second visit to Myanmar at some point in the near future. In Yangon i was told it's illegal for anyone to ride motorbikes and in Nueng Shew ( Inlay lake ) i was told it's illegal for foreingers to ride motorbikes. It was only in Mandalay that i found the chance to rent one but by then it was to late as i had a flight booked and it was my last day their.

Myanmar's a fascinating and spectacular place..you've captured it well mate thumbsup.gif

i look at them and smile :-) works 95% of the time.

Even shooting with a long lens, i try an wait till their looking at me

Zach http://www.mandalaymotorbike.com/ rents bikes

true, u cant ride in Yangon ( even Burmese cant ride motorcycles there) Inle lake and even now Bagan

UPDATE: We are no longer able to arrange Myanmar Driving Permits for self rides in Bagan, Inle or Naypyitaw. Riders are only allowed to ride a motorcycle in these areas if they are part of a guided tour.

I rented a little 125 (Chinese copy of honda dream) direct from the hotel we stayed at ( 79 living hotel) for $8 on this trip

1st trip i rent from Zach

I am heading back in Sept/Oct and will be renting again and heading south :-)

true, u cant ride in Yangon ( even Burmese cant ride motorcycles there) Inle lake and even now Bagan

UPDATE: We are no longer able to arrange Myanmar Driving Permits for self rides in Bagan, Inle or Naypyitaw. Riders are only allowed to ride a motorcycle in these areas if they are part of a guided tour.

I rented a little 125 (Chinese copy of honda dream) direct from the hotel we stayed at ( 79 living hotel) for $8 on this trip

I heard you can ride a motorcycle in Inle and Bagan only if you take a guide, not independently. BUT probably that would mean taking a government guide not just any old guide so would need to be arranged in advance.

I heard you can ride a motorcycle in Inle and Bagan only if you take a guide, not independently. BUT probably that would mean taking a government guide not just any old guide so would need to be arranged in advance.

OK;

Did u see what i quoted??? This is form Zachs site an he knows 100% the regulations!

i BOLDED how u can ride for those that have trouble with regular font.