Hallelujah! A Food Court That's Not All Thai... At Last!

JimShortz

Went there today... The burger place is great and good value at 100 baht for a meaty double burger with cheese. The Sushi was very nice, Pizza was nice but comparatively expensive 140baht for a small 9" Pizza. Great choice of healthy drinks, lemongrass mojitos etc.... the seating and general setup is very cool.

Typical banter from the the peanut gallery. The Guy is trying to inform you of a NEW PLACE. Then some of you get involved in a existential philosophical spat.

Cheap good food!!! Try it or not!! Period...

Typical banter from the the peanut gallery. The Guy is trying to inform you of a NEW PLACE. Then some of you get involved in a existential philosophical spat.

EXACTLY, Mr. Chow!!! The O.P.'s posting something everyone might like and we have to get into a sociodemographic debate. If they have good hotdogs I'll bring my own Grey Poupon!!!

Well, I glad to see that some of you liked it!

ThaiVisa is a really special place though... I don't know of any other forum populated by such a bunch of argumentative, bored, old buggers who would argue over just about anything!

Actually, lots of good people too, they just get drowned out by the grumpies. Such a shame really... This place needs proper moderating IMHO

ThaiVisa is a really special place though... I don't know of any other forum populated by such a bunch of argumentative, bored, old buggers who would argue over just about anything!

Actually, lots of good people too, they just get drowned out by the grumpies. Such a shame really... This place needs proper moderating IMHO

Plenty of others share your opinion.

EXACTLY, Mr. Chow!!! The O.P.'s posting something everyone might like and we have to get into a sociodemographic debate. If they have good hotdogs I'll bring my own Grey Poupon!!!

Grey Poupon, how terribly bourgeois.

Grey Poupon, how terribly bourgeois.

Just in case anyone, like half the forum, takes my comment the wrong way it was just meant to be fun - sanook. It just slipped off my tongue so to speak. I like Grey Poupon. I like all Dijon mustards and have nothing against anyone using them. I will also add, just in case, that I admire the French bourgeoisie greatly.

I apologise for any and all offences in advance.

Where in Chiang Mai can one get Grey Poupon?

(In the glass jar - not the cheap plastic squeeze container the boys at Big C sell)

I pretty sure I have seen it at Rimping.

Looks nice,

My problem with ''Food Courts'' here i just wish there was some that had '''Healthy Options'' , as in, Less Sugar and Less Salt... , and even if they do have a Salad bar, its very very Basic...

Oh well maybe one day.....

Exactly. And a proper juice bar for refreshments. Not fruit only juice bar either. Perhaps one day like you say.

It was closed around 7 this evening. Not even any lights on.

Is it normally open 7 days a week and in the evening?

passed by this evening around 19:40.....was hoping for a beer and some chow.....security guard informed me the place is closed Sunday.sad.png

There are some excellent French Dijon mustards available, such as 2 of my favorites Maille Dijon Original and Amora Moutarde de Dijon, here if you can't find Grey Poupon. I just bought some Moutarde De Meaux Pommery, a stone ground mustard, at Kassem (if I remember correctly) which is wonderful too if you like that kind of preparation.

Here's something interesting

http://www.upworthy.com/the-science-of-why-the-comment-section-on-just-about-anything-is-so-awful?c=ufb1

It concludes:

So it's no surprise that anger is one of the most effective ways to get us to share things online

and

and exactly zero productive discussion occurs.

This looks like heaven for those 40 baht a day boys!!! coffee1.gif

Why the "boys"? Because you can afford more, that makes you a man? A little dysfunctional man, perhaps? Not everyone was born into wealth like some people or got lucky to either have great parents or great teachers! Maybe you should read Outliers from Malcom Gladwell and learn about humility!

Hahahahahah! Quite hilarious response! Thanks for that.

Let's see, right now the rate is 33.33 to a dollar, so 40 baht would be, umm, well, not much! Dollar fifteen or something, after fees? Dollar twelve?

So you got insulted by the "boys" part? I'd be more inclined to chafe at the "40 baht" bit. Personally, I can handle 60 baht a day, easy. Maybe more.

Nice work onthedarkside. The people who post "inflammatory" posts are those responsible for nearly everyone I speak to being astonished that I even bother to check-in occasionally to ThaiVisa these days. It really is a shame, but so many people feel that way in Chiang Mai... w00t.gif

Why the "boys"? Because you can afford more, that makes you a man? A little dysfunctional man, perhaps? Not everyone was born into wealth like some people or got lucky to either have great parents or great teachers! Maybe you should read Outliers from Malcom Gladwell and learn about humility!

Let's see, right now the rate is 33.33 to a dollar, so 40 baht would be, umm, well, not much! Dollar fifteen or something, after fees? Dollar twelve?

So you got insulted by the "boys" part? I'd be more inclined to chafe at the "40 baht" bit. Personally, I can handle 60 baht a day, easy. Maybe more.

MAYBE MORE

Stopped by there this evening with a friend in spite of my concern that it would be too hot there (thinking the day's sweltering heat would be radiating off of all that cement). Actually, it was fine.

As for the food, I had the "cowboy chicken satay" with a baked potato and it was reasonably okay (the chicken actually tasted good whereas the baked potato was a bit underdone). The portions were relatively small (but, then again, the dish was only 60 baht). My friend had some noodles and his choice also got a resounding "okay." The beer, however, was just fine.

The way the Australian dollar is going being a 40 baht boy will be more than I can afford. It has being hovering around the 24 baht mark and if it gets any lower skiing in Switzerland is off the agenda next winter.

Stopped by there this evening with a friend in spite of my concern that it would be too hot there (thinking the day's sweltering heat would be radiating off of all that cement). Actually, it was fine.

As for the food, I had the "cowboy chicken satay" with a baked potato and it was reasonably okay (the chicken actually tasted good whereas the baked potato was a bit underdone). The portions were relatively small (but, then again, the dish was only 60 baht). My friend had some noodles and his choice also got a resounding "okay." The beer, however, was just fine.

The Coconut milkshake from the place in the middle on the right was spot on.

The whole theme seems to be snack sized portions of food, which is ideal if you just fancy a bite between shopping and drinking (or vice versa).