Phuket plainclothes cops catch five with meth

Lite Beer

Phuket plainclothes cops catch five with meth
Eakkapop Thongtub

1430542402_3531-org.jpg

Wiwan Tontipraadit and the teenager, found with 11.63 grams of ice.

PHUKET: Three men and two women were arrested over the past three days on charges of possession of a total of 17.73 grams of crystal methamphetamine (ya ice) and five meth pills (ya bah).

On Wednesday (April 29), Phuket City Police arrested a Rawai man, Manu Kepsap, 25, who was found in possession of 5.2 grams of crystal meth, five meth pills, digital scales and drug smoking paraphernalia.

Manu was arrested at the Ceylontel Apartment in Talad Yai, Phuket Town, after he sold drugs to a plainclothes police officer.

He was charged with illegal possession of a Category 1 drug with intent to sell.

Phuket City police arrested another man last night (May 1). Wiwan Tontipradit, 32, was arrested in Phuket Town when he sold ya ice to plainclothes officers.

Wiwan and a 17-year-old who was with him were taken to Phuket City police station with 29 bags of crystal meth weighing a total of 11.63 grams. Wiwan was charge with possession of a Category 1 with intent to sell, while the 17-year-old was charged with illegal possession.

Also yesterday, Kathu police arrested Sorlahudin Johwaegooning, 24, with half a gram of ice which he offered to sell to plainclothes police. When his rented room in Patong was searched police found another 400mg of ice and arrested an occupant of the room, Jarichaiya Surasen.

Both were taken to Kathu police station where Sorlahudin was charged with possession with intent to sell, and Jarichaiya with possession.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-plainclothes-cops-catch-five-with-meth-52131.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-05-02

If they are undercover police, why do they make these photo ops?

Blowing your cover big time. I guess that Thai's don't read thai visa anyway so no worries.

There's a difference between plain clothes and under cover.

With only 11.63g from 29 bags, it sounds like they are right at the bottom of the supply pyramid, and splitting the contents to make some bags to sell to subsidise their own use. A 500 baht bag is typically not enough for even a light user, and people don't usual stay as only a light user for long.

(It's a sad story from previous times that I even know anything at all about this).

• Like 2

That chick is cute...chubby, but cute.

Five plain-clothes police to catch so little. Yo, come on, guys! You're busting the "Badgers" and "Skinny Pete's" of the meth underworld. Get some Gus Fring and Heisenberg. Then post on TVF, b**ch*s!

Edited by falangjim

If they are undercover police, why do they make these photo ops?

Blowing your cover big time. I guess that Thai's don't read thai visa anyway so no worries.

I am not sure that they would do this job if they had any intelligence...

I think Thai criminals even have less brains....

With only 11.63g from 29 bags, it sounds like they are right at the bottom of the supply pyramid, and splitting the contents to make some bags to sell to subsidise their own use. A 500 baht bag is typically not enough for even a light user, and people don't usual stay as only a light user for long.

(It's a sad story from previous times that I even know anything at all about this).

Under half an ounce...

• Like 1

Good, keep up the pressure against illegal drugs.

I wonder what sort of punishment is metered out to these pushers?

Have you seen people drinking Thai whisky all day every day? Even the pricing policy in Thailand encourages this kind of behaviour. Get some persepective in your life.

• Like 1

A criminal waste of time by the police. The war on drugs is a war on the people and a war on our kids. Pathetic. Less than half an ounce divided up into tiny bags. These kids should be given an award for entrepreneurship. There are real criminals committing real crimes in Thailand. These are not they. As for the police: Cynical bullies exploiting stupid laws for their own benefit. Let's hope these kids get treated leniently.