Amazing Things To Do In Isaan - Any To Add?

ldnguy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya 2 Khon Kaen - ubolrat dam. This place seems little known about by farangs. A peaceful few hours can be enjoyed here. Great place for kids to swim.

From memory we aren't allowed to link to websites that have other Thai related forums. Searching for ubolrat dam at Khon Kaen.com will find it.

Pattaya 2 Khon Kaen - ubolrat dam. This place seems little known about by farangs. A peaceful few hours can be enjoyed here. Great place for kids to swim.

From memory we aren't allowed to link to websites that have other Thai related forums. Searching for ubolrat dam at Khon Kaen.com will find it.

Found it. Thanks.

Nakhon Phanom is a small town nested at the Mekong near the border with Laos. Airasia has direct flights. It's very laid back and after few days you've seen it all. But it's nice to visit as the town hardly sees any foreigners.

Rent a bike, make a boat trip on the Mekong and visit the aquarium which shows the creatures living in the Mekong, some of them are giants!!

Nakhon Phanom is a small town nested at the Mekong near the border with Laos. Airasia has direct flights. It's very laid back and after few days you've seen it all. But it's nice to visit as the town hardly sees any foreigners.

Rent a bike, make a boat trip on the Mekong and visit the aquarium which shows the creatures living in the Mekong, some of them are giants!!

I second this, nice town. I liked it so much I've moved here for a bit.

Nok Air also has a daily direct flight out of Don Mueang.

Edited by malathione

Bueng klong long lake in Sakhon Nakhon........banana boats, swimming, natural sand, good food and drink....good Mexican food and pizza with American steve....and plenty of thai food.......a good day out gets very busy at weekends and holidays.....

Sod bugger all to do in Isaan.

Don't bother going to ubonrattana, nothing there apart from a big hole filled with water.

Nakhon Phanom is OK but sod all to do, but to try and glorify it by scribbling 'nested'on the Mekhon is just ridiculous.

Sakhon Nakhon is also an awful place.

Issan from March - November is just a large oven turned to high.

Edited by thejcb

Don't bother going to ubonrattana, nothing there apart from a big hole filled with water.

Nakhon Phanom is OK but sod all to do, but to try and glorify it by scribbling 'nested'on the Mekhon is just ridiculous.

Have to agree about ubonrattana. Just a lot of water and a few restaurants selling muddy fish and farmed prawns.

Pimai, Kmer Temples, Beautiful Temple in Kalasin, The drive to Mukdahan thru Beautiful National Park across the Mekong is Savannaket, Good place to go for Visa's, I love Nong Khai, DD ,Mae's ,Nong Khai City Hotel Jing Joes for eating, International Market.

Bueng klong long lake in Sakhon Nakhon........banana boats, swimming, natural sand, good food and drink....good Mexican food and pizza with American steve....and plenty of thai food.......a good day out gets very busy at weekends and holidays.....

. I know Steve near Seka, Dan from San Francisco, Enchiladas on Sat . and Peters on Sun.see u next month at Peeps Happy Pizza Edited by Dannyboy666

Phnom Rung just outside of Burriram is relly good. Historic temple

Also, Prasat Muang Tam is not far from Phnom Rung and is another good historic temple to visit.

They are both mentioned on the post.

Visit some big mansions built and paid for by naive farangs that were then ousted on completion.

Not sure why I'd want to see someone's house. But in case I change my mind, what's the address?

Go to the tourist offices in Chang Mai, Korat and Ubon Ratchathani -- they have detailed brochures about parks, wats, markets and lots of other things to do.

And eat the food! Tell them "pet mai me" if you don't like spicy, but I think the people and food here in Issan/Isarn/Isan are the best in Thailand. I swear the people here are more Thai than Bangkok -- bangkok is a huge wonderful city, but to me has become another Seoul/Singapore/Hong Kong wannabe.

No kidding.

Go to the tourist offices in Chang Mai, Korat and Ubon Ratchathani -- they have detailed brochures about parks, wats, markets and lots of other things to do.

And eat the food! Tell them "pet mai me" if you don't like spicy, but I think the people and food here in Issan/Isarn/Isan are the best in Thailand. I swear the people here are more Thai than Bangkok -- bangkok is a huge wonderful city, but to me has become another Seoul/Singapore/Hong Kong wannabe.

No kidding.

. Shhhhhhhh... We don't need any Knucleheads up here, Issan People are Great, Very Friendly.