Presentation

jackex

......are you talking to me ? Are YOU talking to me.........ARE YOU talking to me.........are you talking to ME ? .......are you TALKING TO ME ??

But seriously .....dont know of any places running this sort of course. Some of the Interent providers run course in Web design and stuff like that. You might try some of the Universities like Chula or Srinakarinwirot at Sukumvit 23.

What about Chambers of commerce ?

• 3 weeks later...

I've had those kind of courses. This is a pretty western thing, there are courses for everything now a days. Anyway if you are starting business in asia/thailand and you can't find anything that looks like it, (because what you need is intercultural comunication and presentation skills) you might follow this advice:

Try to talk with people who work at the same level you want to work and go to places where you can watch the right kind of people (your costumers). Watch how they relate to each other in business and in other situations. Aside from the average skills you really need to learn about the culture of the group you want to work with. And this is quite importante because something meaning a positieve sign in your country can mean something else or even contrary in Thailand.

The language is different but so are the messages people give thru their attitude and all kinds of little things.

This includes things like how to have a phoneconversation, when to have it, how to bring up questions, build up confidence, present yourself:dresscodes, voice entonation, how to disagree with the other how to give them their way while having your way. Thay are very proud and won't stand losing their face. When you are guest you can't disagree with your host without giving the impression that you are rude. Be sure you learn the rules from people who are educated, and remenber you only have one chance to make a first impression.

Remenber people in Asia are much more into rituals and formality of doing things while in western countries after the first meeting people just loosen up and get informaal.

lots of luck

anamore

The standard approaches to presentation are given at EF, BC..those places.. I do think there is a Toastmasters in Thailand/BKK.. locate the Toastmasters internationalist site.

However, you are in a different situation at the format changes, thus the techniques are not applicable.. for example.. ask a Thais to turn off their telephone during a presentation.. or answering the call while your are moving to the next point.

PRACTICE :o