Chinese ATV's

I'm thinking about buying one.

They are cheap (from 38,000 Baht) and it could be funny to have one. I'm only going to use it on our private land (and go to the Minimart).

I remember a post saying, they are Ok, but you have to inspect them completely; and e.g. tighten all the nuts and bolts, because their QC is almost non existing.

So; does anyone else have any experience with the Chinese ATV's?

Do you have any links / photos of the types your considering ?. If your in CM , the Lifan "dealer" near the train station , has some , but im still waiting for him to order some plastic parts for a Platinum PX 250 bike i have ( that he sells ) , so his after sale service is very poor . These quads are great value , but you do need to keep an eye on them .

Do you have any links / photos of the types your considering ?. If your in CM , the Lifan "dealer" near the train station , has some , but im still waiting for him to order some plastic parts for a Platinum PX 250 bike i have ( that he sells ) , so his after sale service is very poor . These quads are great value , but you do need to keep an eye on them .

Thank you for the info.

I live in Chiang Mai, and know where that shop is, so I will go there and take a look.

I don't have a specific model in mind, but saw a "million" on Google.

I liked this article: http://www.thejunkmanadv.com/is-a-chinese-off-brand-atv-for-you.html

I know something about mechanics (I had a Mini!) and my brother in law is a car mechanic, so we should be able to maintain/repair it.

The only problem I can see, apart from QC issues, is the cheaper ones are chain drive. They would be OK on loose or slippery surfaces but not so sure about driving on bitumen to 7/11!

I have a 200 CC Big Bear but it is a Panther, not an L&P. But quite a lot of the parts on it are identical to the one you have pictured. Mine came with much nicer rims though. These bikes all come out of the same factory and get different logos stamped on.

I paid 68k.

At the shop mentioned, the after sales service is possibly worse than having none at all. They are friendly enough, but it is best to get things done elsewhere. I bought a bike from them before.

I enjoy my Chinese quad quite a lot, It works hard and I treat it fairly rough. Was hauling cement bags with it yesterday, 100 kg at a time.

If you get one the first thing to do is check the tire pressure. They are rated for 5 PSI but I got mine with 33 PSI and it rode horribly. I run it now at 2 PSI and it seems to be just right.

The guys in the shop seem to have no clue and treat them like a car tire. I tried to explain it at the shop I got it from in but they didn't care.

I have a 200 CC Big Bear but it is a Panther, not an L&P. But quite a lot of the parts on it are identical to the one you have pictured. Mine came with much nicer rims though. These bikes all come out of the same factory and get different logos stamped on.

I paid 68k.

At the shop mentioned, the after sales service is possibly worse than having none at all. They are friendly enough, but it is best to get things done elsewhere. I bought a bike from them before.

I enjoy my Chinese quad quite a lot, It works hard and I treat it fairly rough. Was hauling cement bags with it yesterday, 100 kg at a time.

If you get one the first thing to do is check the tire pressure. They are rated for 5 PSI but I got mine with 33 PSI and it rode horribly. I run it now at 2 PSI and it seems to be just right.

The guys in the shop seem to have no clue and treat them like a car tire. I tried to explain it at the shop I got it from in but they didn't care.

Thank you for the info. As you say they a friendly, but it looks like a mess in the back.

I will not be needing one before next year, when we are moving to Isan.

So I hope they have them in Khon Kaen.