Survivor believes more than 500 killed in camps

webfact

This stuff has been going on for years . Corruption here always starts at the top and filters through the ranks, after a while it becomes the norm.

Its human nature to power play against the weak and defenceless.

How else does this go unnoticed.

It has nothing to do with any religion, Stop fooling yourself , Religion is used as the scapegoat only , Unfortunately easy Cash and control are both the real culprits to the brainless.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's exactly the same story that is going on at the Mediteranien Sea with Africans and Arabs sending to death by human traffickers! The whole World is watching, but nobody care about! It's a shame!!!

Its exactly the same as people are dying trying to get to another country. I think the circumstances differ quite a bit . In the Med its boatloads of desperate , Asylum seekers,refugees , economic Migrant , who have drowned on overloaded boats, I dont think any country in Europe holds any responsibility for that , tragic though it is. This case , the subject of the thread, is totally different people were held hostage /Prisoner and died or were murdered by apparent Human Traffickers within the land borders of Thailand, so who is complicit in this case ?

Edited by ExPratt

When I heard that the camp was in Padang Besar, I was suprised that it was not detected. This border town is very small and has a population of less than 15,000. How could foreigners and movement not detected in such a small border district is beyond me. Only reason I can think off is that it has been protected by the municipal top guys with cooperation of the local police and the military stationed in the south. That the camp was located so near to the Malaysian border hint strongly that they were heading to Malaysia where they are better suited as Muslim. There are Malaysian working hand in gloves with the Thais and it will be better for the PM to work with the Malaysian authority to put a stop to this permanently.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So the assistant police chief believes they died from disease or malnutrition ?!!!! <deleted>? This shows exactly where this investigation is ( isn't ) going to go . Shocking isn't a big enough description.

One of the survivors has said about half a dozen of them were beaten to death

How can they possibly tell by looking at decomposed corpse it was Malnutrition or disease. Another example of Saying something for the sake of it

These tragic things have been going on for a long time. Why are we not hearing anything from the international authorities, Amnesty international, United Nations and the various groups that try to stop this?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Police find dozens of graves in Thailand jungle camp

BBC News 1 May 2015

x_82700721_008b2a66-41f2-4d40-870f-2d4ba

Dozens of graves have been found in an abandoned jungle camp in southern Thailand, in an area regularly used by people smugglers.

Thai police said they had also found a sick man and a corpse lying nearby.

A number of bodies have already been exhumed but it is not certain who they are or how they died.

Reports say this remote area on the border with Malaysia is used to smuggle Rohingya Muslims fleeing persecution in Myanmar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-32547552

So the police and army do know. Now that raises some questions.

These tragic things have been going on for a long time. Why are we not hearing anything from the international authorities, Amnesty international, United Nations and the various groups that try to stop this?

Have a look on newsnow they have said quite a lot and the 2 articles I have put on this thread since yesterday

Edited by ExPratt

Yes it is strange that isn't it ?

Its not really strange at all if you think about it.

Its an unsolvable problem, and is growing expediently every year. These organizations understand that, and stay well clear of it.

Those of us that choose to live in third world countries get a first hand look at it, where as the rest of the developed world thinks all the products they buy are sourced from modern factories that have health and safety standards and high wages with benefits.

Now the stakes have been upped. The international community now has a legitimate reason to interfere in thai politics. This is beyond shocking. The murderers and kidnappers have to be arrested AND sentenced to death, even if they are friends or family of higher ups. Innocent men, women and children have been kidnapped, abused and murdered in Thailand and some thai officials had to know about it. Thailand should face full sanctions unless they bring ALL culprits to justice, otherwise these scumbags should face justice overseas. These murderous beasts are now walking freely in Thailand. They are the lowest forms of scum on the earth, and Thailand has so far done NOTHING to bring them to justice for their gruesome crimes. What a country!

[At best],solving, trying, proving = problematic.

Very sad and tragic case, i hope that the UN and EU will take action very soon and adequate.

Also, I wonder what Mrs. Aung san suu kyi has to say, she never wanted to step in to help the Rohingya or any other Muslim minority for that matter.

In 2000, I met Akbar Shah in person and I was well informed that hundreds of immigrants have been killed at Rubber and Palm oil plantations throughout the South.

Anyone who wants to know who was Akbar Shah, here is a link:

http://edition.cnn.com/ASIANOW/asiaweek/magazine/2000/1013/nat.thailand.html

The whole optaration is operated by the run ups of Akbar Shah. After he got killed all his deputies took over the people smuggling ring in the South. Abkbar worked for the Pakistani intel service, shot a Pakistani judge in person and he had close contacts to both the mafia in India and Bangladesh.

Its no news to me that they found 30 bodies. Their are thousands of dead bodies throughout those jungle camps.

The German BND have known about those mass graves since 2000. The Thai government only needs to ask the Germans to get some clarity.

Their are many mass graves in Yala, however the people smugglers prefer to keep those Bangla and Myanmar Muslims in Songkla as local Muslims might assist those immigrants.

Nothing new, this business has been going on since 1998.

They should do what the Brits did against the Communists in the Malayan Emergency and get after them in the Bush where the camps are and that tactic eventually gave the British victory against the communists . I'd have thought they would have been scouring the Jungle looking for Insurgent camps in that area not sitting in the village waiting to be attacked

Not a chance. Bloody hard work scouring the jungle!

It's time the UN stepped in and placed serious sanctions on Myanmar, Thailand, Bangladesh and Malaysia.

Mass murder should not and cannot be tolerated. It is simply impossible to even comprehend how the Thai authorities managed to miss all these people which can only lead to one conclusion ... they are in on it.

Still amazes me how many expats here find this atrocious and yet remain living in a country that allows such to go on and profit from it. Remember your money fuels the system and if the expat community pulled out it would make news and maybe Thailand would begin to realize that this type of profiteering is unacceptable.

How comfortable is your bar stool?

It still amazes me how many members hate this country and yet remain members of THAI VISA coffee1.gif

It doesn't amaze me at all. You should see the number of Pattaya haters in the Pattaya forum.

I was at a Thai Burmese border a while back and there were hundreds coming in. Think there are quite a few turning a blind eye for compensation

....Same with Vietnamese coming in at Nakhon Phanom Friendship Bridge before the coup. Immigration and bus operators on both sides of the border were raking it in.

Its not really strange at all if you think about it.

Its an unsolvable problem, and is growing expediently every year. These organizations understand that, and stay well clear of it.

Those of us that choose to live in third world countries get a first hand look at it, where as the rest of the developed world thinks all the products they buy are sourced from modern factories that have health and safety standards and high wages with benefits.

It was a bit of a tongue in cheek answer , I'd replied to an identical post from the same poster half an hour before

geisha, on 04 May 2015 - 16:17, said:snapback.png

Have a look on newsnow they have said quite a lot and the 2 articles I have put on this thread since yesterday

It's time the UN stepped in and placed serious sanctions on Myanmar, Thailand, Bangladesh and Malaysia.

Mass murder should not and cannot be tolerated. It is simply impossible to even comprehend how the Thai authorities managed to miss all these people which can only lead to one conclusion ... they are in on it.

Still amazes me how many expats here find this atrocious and yet remain living in a country that allows such to go on and profit from it. Remember your money fuels the system and if the expat community pulled out it would make news and maybe Thailand would begin to realize that this type of profiteering is unacceptable.

And where pray tell would one find a country with a government that neither condones nor actually participates in brutal treatment of our fellow human beings.

Racism, sexism, classism, pigmentism, ageism and a host of other ills abound in this world. It would be nice to learn that there is someplace in the world these abominations do not exist.

Thai police arrest Rohingya man suspected of running deadly jungle camp

Reuters Mon May 4, 2015 6:56am EDT

Thai police have arrested a man they believe is the key figure behind a brutal human trafficking network that ran a jungle camp where dozens of bodies have been found.

Soe Naing, widely known as Anwar, was detained last Tuesday as authorities closed in on a camp near the Thai-Malaysia border where as many as 400 trafficked migrants, mainly Rohingya and Bangladeshis, were imprisoned for ransom, Police Colonel Anuchon Chamat, deputy commander of police in Nakhon Si Thammarat province, told Reuters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/04/us-thailand-rohingya-trafficking-insight-idUSKBN0NP0BL20150504

This is mind blowing, I mean one gets use to hear and see things going on in this country that are not from a perfect world but this is another league.......

Should be on the international News Channels soon.

UN - toothless and useless, how many times has the UN stood by with massacres going on around them and did nothing other than observe , the UN has no mandate anywhere to intervene in any conflict. And as for all foreigners leaving Thailand their departure would make about as much of an impression as removing your finger from a bucket of water.

Hope you are enjoying your armchair by the fireplace.

They should do what the Brits did against the Communists in the Malayan Emergency and get after them in the Bush where the camps are and that tactic eventually gave the British victory against the communists . I'd have thought they would have been scouring the Jungle looking for Insurgent camps in that area not sitting in the village waiting to be attacked

No way that would ever happen, might get their shiny boots, well laundered and pressed uniforms dirty tramping thru' the nasty nasty jungle - and someone might even mount an attack on them - no no sorry can't do that.