Bali nine: AFP 'know they did wrong': Lawyer

webfact

They knew what they were doing and now all the idiots want to exonerate them. Get a life you morons

A large portion of the blame for this outcome must lie with the AFP, they knew exactly what they were doing.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They knew what they were doing and now all the idiots want to exonerate them. Get a life you morons

A large portion of the blame for this outcome must lie with the AFP, they knew exactly what they were doing.

You cant blame others for your actions. They knew exactly what they were doing but still did it. Now they have paid the price and good riddance to them and their kind

Executing people, no matter the crime, is state sanctioned murder.

There is no place in a civilized society for taking the life of another.

This is a shameful act; it cannot be justified.

Yet another critic without a viable alternative coffee1.gif

No viable alternative? What are you...? Grade 3? Your assumption that there is/was no viable alternative just goes to show how intellectually lazy and morally corrupt you are. You obviously haven't a clue about any of the issues involved. Get back to reading your favorite tabloid. Anything else is clearly beyond your intellectual capacity.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You cant blame others for your actions. They knew exactly what they were doing but still did it. Now they have paid the price and good riddance to them and their kind

Do I detect conflicting moral rules here?

On one hand you are saying that the "criminals" knew what they were doing and deserve their punishment. On the other hand you are saying that the AFP aren't in any way responsible for the execution outcome? They also knew what they were doing.

Let me explain...

Two events led to the death penalty outcome...

Event 1 - Breaking of the law (which made execution a possible outcome should they be caught)

Event 2 - The AFP tipping off of the Indonesian police in Bali by the AFP (which ensured (1) they did get caught and (2) they got caught in a country with the death penalty for those kinds of "crimes".

So if Event 1 had happened without Event 2, they may not have even been caught, much less executed.

But Event 2 massively increased the probability of the final execution outcome. So given that the AFP were solely responsible for Event 2, you're assertion that "You can't blame others for your actions" is somewhat hypocritical.

Was there an alternative to Event 2? Of course there was, just wait till they landed in Oz and arrest them there...but with full knowledge of the law, as they are trained in the law, they chose to tip off the Indonesians.

You can't have one rule for one set of people (the AFP) and another rule for another set (the criminals).

You speak, like many of the cretins on TVF, from ignorance.

Edited by toooa

Do I detect conflicting moral rules here?

On one hand you are saying that the "criminals" knew what they were doing and deserve their punishment. On the other hand you are saying that the AFP aren't in any way responsible for the execution outcome? They also knew what they were doing.

Let me explain...

Two events led to the death penalty outcome...

Event 1 - Breaking of the law (which made execution a possible outcome should they be caught)

Event 2 - The AFP tipping off of the Indonesian police in Bali by the AFP (which ensured (1) they did get caught and (2) they got caught in a country with the death penalty for those kinds of "crimes".

So if Event 1 had happened without Event 2, they may not have even been caught, much less executed.

But Event 2 massively increased the probability of the final execution outcome. So given that the AFP were solely responsible for Event 2, you're assertion that "You can't blame others for your actions" is somewhat hypocritical.

Was there an alternative to Event 2? Of course there was, just wait till they landed in Oz and arrest them there...but with full knowledge of the law, as they are trained in the law, they chose to tip off the Indonesians.

You can't have one rule for one set of people (the AFP) and another rule for another set (the criminals).

You speak, like many of the cretins on TVF, from ignorance.

Did these people now the penalty for drug trafficking? Yes they did. Did the AFP have the role to stop drug trafficking? Yes they do. They got caught red handed. No excuses and no bad feelings about it but they got what they deserved. The AFP did their job in protecting many people from drugs. If you want to live in a world were drugs are the norm then you are one sorry SOB

No viable alternative? What are you...? Grade 3? Your assumption that there is/was no viable alternative just goes to show how intellectually lazy and morally corrupt you are. You obviously haven't a clue about any of the issues involved. Get back to reading your favorite tabloid. Anything else is clearly beyond your intellectual capacity.

You are pretty good at slagging all and sundry. That is the best I can say for a "bleeding heart" supporter of these criminals and their activities. violin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTCK3-aak

And still, YOU offer no viable alternative !! coffee1.gif And yes I do understand the issues involved - the criminals got caught doing something wrong in a country where they do not countenance such activities. No point in blaming anyone else for the criminals stupidity. I can understand the reasons why they should be punished (and I do not look for reasons why they should not be punished) according to another country's sovereign rights to do so.

Or do you think my "intellectually lazy and morally corrupt" reading of my "favourite tabloid" has affected my judgement (rhetorical question btw)?

And I do offer my condolence to their respective families.

C'est la vie.

You are pretty good at slagging all and sundry. That is the best I can say for a "bleeding heart" supporter of these criminals and their activities. violin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTCK3-aak

And still, YOU offer no viable alternative !! coffee1.gif And yes I do understand the issues involved - the criminals got caught doing something wrong in a country where they do not countenance such activities. No point in blaming anyone else for the criminals stupidity. I can understand the reasons why they should be punished (and I do not look for reasons why they should not be punished) according to another country's sovereign rights to do so.

Or do you think my "intellectually lazy and morally corrupt" reading of my "favourite tabloid" has affected my judgement (rhetorical question btw)?

And I do offer my condolence to their respective families.

C'est la vie.

It has nothing to do with them being caught. It has very little to do with them being executed.

It is to do with the AFP giving information that caused them to be executed when Australia is against the death penalty and will not extradite anyone that may be given the death penalty.

That is what the people in OZ have an issue with.

Its a disgrace that they and the others were shot. I hope their deaths pave the way for serious changes to sentencing for drug mules.

Cartel capos rightly deserve harsh sentences but those taking enormous risks for a paltry slice of the pie simply don't merit a bullet imo

FYI The two executed were the organisers of heroin importation into Oz, not mules and were connected to a Burma based heroin trafficking syndicate.

At the moment there is around 1000 deaths p.a. in Oz for those using illegal narcotics

How many deaths p.a. stem from drinking fermented sugar ...a.k.a. alcohol?

How many deaths p.a. from pharma drugs.

Discover magazine did a study and found (in the US) there are more deaths p.a. from pharma drugs than from all illegal drugs combined. It's very like there are also more deaths from alcohol than all illegal drugs combined. Do the math. If drug mules deserve to be shot, what do pharma drug dealers or alcohol peddlers deserve? ....their entire families get shot also?

Executions for anyone who breaks the law...that's my preference.

Toooa....funny guy.....the big intellectual.

Not many people jaywalking then

...or passing on an inside lane of a highway. Or a clerk shortchanging a customer by 50 baht. Or a kid stealing a piece of candy. Boy, what a well-ordered and disciplined country we'd be living in, if nottocus was premier, and everyone who broke the law was severely disciplined.

Its a disgrace that they and the others were shot. I hope their deaths pave the way for serious changes to sentencing for drug mules.

Cartel capos rightly deserve harsh sentences but those taking enormous risks for a paltry slice of the pie simply don't merit a bullet imo

FYI The two executed were the organisers of heroin importation into Oz, not mules and were connected to a Burma based heroin trafficking syndicate.

At the moment there is around 1000 deaths p.a. in Oz for those using illegal narcotics

How many deaths p.a. stem from drinking fermented sugar ...a.k.a. alcohol?

How many deaths p.a. from pharma drugs.

Discover magazine did a study and found (in the US) there are more deaths p.a. from pharma drugs than from all illegal drugs combined. It's very like there are also more deaths from alcohol than all illegal drugs combined. Do the math. If drug mules deserve to be shot, what do pharma drug dealers or alcohol peddlers deserve? ....their entire families get shot also?

Personally I agree narcotics / ICE mules should not be executed, rather lengthy prison terms. The two Aussies executed were traffickers, different set of circumstances. IMO they should not have been put to death due to rehabilitation, confirmed by the prison governor who also pleaded their case. They had claimed they would accept very lengthy prison terms.

Sure phama drugs, alcohol and tobacco do kill, but the negative consequences of products are very well documented.

The AFP representative had originally claimed they passed on info to Indo police as they were seeking to identify the original source of supply for heroin importation into Australia. Perhaps the best way forward is to decriminalise, not legalise, the use of currently illegal drugs, though I have to say such a policy with ICE I personally would not find acceptable. However, you can guarantee that new designer drugs from organised crime will enter the supply chain and cause yet more misery and death for users.

Edited by simple1

Look what a 'War on Drugs' from the 1930's produced:

>>> high prices for liquor

>>> low quality alcohol. Many people died from drinking 'bathtub gin' and moonshine.

>>> Big money for mafia and dealers of illegal alcohol.

>>> influx of guns for good guys and bad guys. Where did those guns go, when prohibition ended? They didn't disappear.

>>> Added funding for law enforcement, and cops were diverted from enforcing other crimes.

>>> More prisoners. overcrowded prisons.

Look what a 'War on Drugs' for the past 40 years produced:

same same, but worse.

Linky: "That is what the people in OZ have an issue with."

SOME people! And I am not talking about grandstanding politicians or lawyers trying to make a name for themselves.

Edited by lvr181