Sorry - Yet another question about 90 day report.

Well despite my best efforts to report my 90 day notice on the Internet my application still shows as pending. I may not be the brainiest person around but followed all the instructions and submitted application on first day allowed, 14 days ahead of report date. I know you get seven days grace to report to the immigration office but, bearing in mind notice due 5 May when immigration will be closed, will grace period be from 6th May. I know it may sound a petty question but would rather go on Tuesday next week rather than Monday.

Certainly don't want to go this week as following the long weekend holiday think Chiang Mai office will possibly be a bit busy. Many thanks.

If your 90 Day Report due date is 5 May, then I calculate Tuesday, 12 May as the last day of your 7 day grace period after your due date. If you submit your report on that date you should be OK.

Personally, I would go on Friday, 8 May, as I don't like to leave things to the last minute. Wednesday can be expected to be very busy following the four-day closure, but I would expect Thursday and Friday to be closer to normal levels. Chiang Mai isn't my immigration office but I've heard it's one of busiest ones.

Edit: if I'm wrong and the 7-day grace period starts on 5 May (the due date) instead of 6 May, then you would be late if you went to report on Tuesday, 12 May, and could be legally fined 2,000 Baht. As I said, I'd go earlier and then you don't risk having a different interpretation of the grace period than your immigration officer.

Edited by skatewash
  • Like 1

Edit: if I'm wrong and the 7-day grace period starts on 5 May (the due date) instead of 6 May, then you would be late if you went to report on Tuesday, 12 May,

Agree.

Don't go later than Monday May 11th.

Quite sure that they count the nominal date as day one (analog to "90" day report which is due 89 days after the last report)

Day seven is on Monday 11th then.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1