Passport service Copy shop beside immo office

Brit_Doggie

Well i was tol'd last night that there is a sign within the copy shop situated at jomtien immigration that they can arrange renewal of passports etc, now i don't have details of cost to share with you, but it's a sign of good news for those unable to travel or not wanting to go through the hassle themselves.clap2.gif

now that would be good news as the one close by that did UK passports etc efficiently closed many months ago. Hopefully someone visiting Soi 5 can confirm and add details in due course

They can't arrange UK passport renewals.... Load of <deleted>.... You have to go in person to Bangkok to apply. You can appoint a person to collect a newly issued passport on your behalf but the initial application must be in person.

They can't arrange UK passport renewals.... Load of <deleted>....

You have to go in person to Bangkok to apply.

True for many countries.

BTW I would not let this band of clowns manage something as serious as a Passport renewal.

They can't arrange UK passport renewals.... Load of <deleted>....

Almost certainly true for US too From the US embassy website ... obviously "at the embassy" could be stretched to include consular outreach programs, but they would still require your personal appearance.

In Thailand, all persons, including minors, seeking a U.S. passport must appear in person at the Embassy to apply.

Hmmm....I've got a friend who had a company do his UK passport renewal. Just spoke with him about it last week. He is in the visa business (legit) and does Thai passport renewals, etc. Does several a day for those unable to go themselves.

I think Key Visa is another one???

They can't arrange UK passport renewals.... Load of <deleted>.... You have to go in person to Bangkok to apply. You can appoint a person to collect a newly issued passport on your behalf but the initial application must be in person.

You are talking bs my friend i am getting mine done friday by another agent which i won't disclose here.

And the mod was correct.

I inquired with them when i thought I was going to need to get a new UK passport, quoted around B16,000 if I remember, but he said you still have to go to Bangkok with them.

Here is the best info I found when researching,(did not have to do it in the end)

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2014/03/changes-to-british-passport-services-in-thailand/

Thanks for that info.... so maybe you can explain the instructions given by HM Govt..... Here....https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/changes-to-british-passport-services-in-thailand--2 where it clearly says it has to be submitted in person.?

The link posted is out of date. This is taken from the latest info page dated 1st May 2015:

Making your application

You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must bring photo ID with you.

Bring original supporting documents and a colour photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you.

You must also bring your current passport with you when you apply, and a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages).

You can’t travel with it after you’ve applied for a new one - but you will be able to keep your existing passport for ID purposes.

Thanks for that info.... so maybe you can explain the instructions given by HM Govt..... Here....https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/changes-to-british-passport-services-in-thailand--2 where it clearly says it has to be submitted in person.?

The link posted is out of date. This is taken from the latest info page dated 1st May 2015:

Making your application

You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must bring photo ID with you.

Bring original supporting documents and a colour photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you.

You must also bring your current passport with you when you apply, and a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages).

You can’t travel with it after you’ve applied for a new one - but you will be able to keep your existing passport for ID purposes.

Thanks for this info.

This is the link to the new info.

http://www.thaivisa-express.com/uk-passport-application-thailand/

Making your application

Thanks for that... Seeing as the info is only updated on 1st of May the Visa merchants don't miss a trick do they?.... What is their procedure if your passport is lost whilst in their hands?

So maybe it could be good to add" UK" somewhere in the title and/or the original message?

There is no way they can do this service for a French passport by example,

as you need to go to the Embassy in Bangkok where they will take picture and fingerprint

for the new passport.

This is a Thai Visa link, See the cut and paste below)

UK Passport Application Thailand – Collect In Person

You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must bring photo ID with you. ( To me, it should read, They must bring an ID photo with them ?)

I used the gov.uk link when applying for my renewal last month http://www.british-consulate.org/british-embassy-thailand.html it was certainly up to date then, it took 13 days from start to finish.

These agents do do services to the embassies as well, so it is likely that french can be included as well as other nationalities.

You could give an agent a picture of you, yes, but how do you give him your fingerprints ?? rolleyes.gif

The procedure for French is on this site: http://www.ambafrance-th.org/Demande-de-passeport

1- Mandatory presence at submission of the Passport application and at reception of the Passport

4- Submission of application and collection of fingerprints are indissociable

Archived