Visa Harder For Filipinos?

Are you talking about a visa to enter Thailand? Last I heard, they don't need a visa. Just show up with a passport and they get, I think it's 30 days. If your talking about a work visa or a visa to some other country, then please specify.

Hi, does anyone know if it's harder to get a visa for Filipinos?

Assuming I go thru the process properly with proper documents...

1) are there any extra requirements for Filipinos?

2) Are they stricter with Filipinos in Singapore or KL or Penang?

If the history of Thai stamps in your passport does not give the impression that you are working illegally in Thailand you should be able to get a tourist visa equally easily at any Thai consulate without any documentation other than your passport and the completed visa application form.

--------------

Maestro

Hi, does anyone know if it's harder to get a visa for Filipinos?

Assuming I go thru the process properly with proper documents...

1) are there any extra requirements for Filipinos?

2) Are they stricter with Filipinos in Singapore or KL or Penang?

If the history of Thai stamps in your passport does not give the impression that you are working illegally in Thailand you should be able to get a tourist visa equally easily at any Thai consulate without any documentation other than your passport and the completed visa application form.

--------------

Maestro

Sorry, should've been more specific. I mean applying for a Type B Visa for work

Its a sad fact of life, that due to the attitude of the Filipinos and their record of being over stayers, illegals etc, you will find that every immigration entry point to most countries in the world scrutinise heavily Filipino passport holders.

I am not knocking the Filipina/o as I am married to one and travelling abroad with her is a constant nightmare. Lets be honest, a very good example of illegal workers are those you see at the Thai/cambodia border crossings. they estimate thousands of Filipinas renew tourist visa there monthly.

For a girl they can easily say they are not working but living with their boy friends here, but for a guy the situation is a lot harder.

So with the background out of the way, yes it is harder for a filipino to acquire the required visas etc, as you will be looked into harder than the average applicant.

If I were to pick an Embassy/consulate out of your choices I would go for Singapore.

I wish you luck, but this story about your country women does not help you. Some time ago a group of Filipinas attempted to enter Auckland and when questioned as a group by immigration, they responded that they were in NZ to sight see and they were very excited about the sights they were going to visit such as the Sydney Opera House !!!!!

Enough said

I had been to penanang for a visa run with some filipino friends, they seem to have no problem applying for their visas, they all have the required documents and all went well had their passports stamp with a 3 month non immigrant "B" and now they all have their work permits,, the only thing is make sure you have all the required docunments and what ever nationality you are, you can have your visa without having problems... PEACE