Cinco De Mayo

Me Yank

Thailand doesn't have 12 million illegal immigrants from Mexico so it's not really a big holiday here. If you enjoy this holiday, suggest a trip to the United States or Mexico itself. If that's not possible, maybe check out Tequilla Reef or Mikes Mexican...they might have something going.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Kind of unfair on the OP.

Do we criticize people for celebrating Chinese New Year, Paddy's Day or even 4th of July just because they don't live in those respective countries?

May I suggest Mike's but Jingling may know other places

http://mikespattaya.web.fc2.com/about.html

Nada.

BTW ... what's up with Mikes and the lack of SPICE in the grub there?

I know it's a successful business and running a business that's the bottom line ... but from a culinary POV ... egads!w00t.gif

Do we criticize people for celebrating Chinese New Year, Paddy's Day or even 4th of July just because they don't live in those respective countries?

I don't think anybody is criticizing the op...just pointing out that the holiday isn't much (any?) celebrated in Thailand because of the pacity of Mexican nationals or American "Dreamers" in the country. There seem to be few Mexican-Americans residing in thailand either as I've yet to meet one in all my years of living here. Maybe the op should head on up to the Mexican embassy in Bangkok (they do have one don't they?) as they may have a feed on for this holiday.

Nada.

BTW ... what's up with Mikes and the lack of SPICE in the grub there?

I know it's a successful business and running a business that's the bottom line ... but from a culinary POV ... egads!w00t.gif

Glad to see you've taken my advice. I agree...ordered a Door-To-Door combi-plate of beef taco and chicken burrito just last week (first time for Mike's) and it wasn't bad...just no kick to it. Lots of tender meat, rice, and beans but little actual flavor or heat...why not spice it up a bit...this is Thailand after all. My solution, I bought myself some salsa and sour-cream today and when I order it again these additions should do wonders.

At the restaurant they don't even offer bottled Mexican hot sauce like at Sams. Anyway they won't change. Everyone orders margaritas. Drunk enough who cares about flavor?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Think its at the bottom of the south Atlantic

Is this about the 1982 Falklands War?

Sorry to "torpedo" what I think is supposed to be a joke, but the Argentinian cruiser (of which I believe you speak) was named "General Belgrano".

Are you confusing it with the aircraft carrier "Veinticinco de Mayo" (Twentyfifth of May), which was named after Argentinas May Revolution in 1810 and ended its life as scrap in India?

I'm pretty sure that I've seen a bar in Patts with an Argentinian flag on it, and I think they'll be celebrating on the 25th, so perhaps you could pop along on the day and join their party?

You could repeat your brilliant quip.

They'll love it.

I don't think anybody is criticizing the op...just pointing out that the holiday isn't much (any?) celebrated in Thailand because of the pacity of Mexican nationals or American "Dreamers" in the country. There seem to be few Mexican-Americans residing in thailand either as I've yet to meet one in all my years of living here. Maybe the op should head on up to the Mexican embassy in Bangkok (they do have one don't they?) as they may have a feed on for this hol

Do you mean paucity?

What exactly do you mean by American "Dreamers" ?

I don't think anybody is criticizing the op...just pointing out that the holiday isn't much (any?) celebrated in Thailand because of the pacity of Mexican nationals or American "Dreamers" in the country. There seem to be few Mexican-Americans residing in thailand either as I've yet to meet one in all my years of living here. Maybe the op should head on up to the Mexican embassy in Bangkok (they do have one don't they?) as they may have a feed on for this hol

Do you mean paucity?

What exactly do you mean by American "Dreamers" ?

Yes, "paucity," I though that didn't look right. As for the Dreamers...internal U.S. domestic politics so not really relevant to Cinco celebrations in Thailand.

As you see, you will have problems to find (more) Mexicans on this forum wink.png

In this case even Google seems a better helper.

Search for "Mexican restaurant Pattaya".

One of the places has already been mentioned.

Give them a call and ask whether they celebrate,

Edited by KhunBENQ

There used to be an Irish Mexican place in California called Pedro Murphys.

I never tried it myself but the combination of beans & Guinness would be something to behold afterwards

. I've heard of Carlos Murphys, they were popular in the day

It's definitely sexier in Spanish. 5th of May just doesn't pop.

I would imagine Tequila Reef will be doing something. Enjoy your margaritas!

Sorry to "torpedo" what I think is supposed to be a joke, but the Argentinian cruiser (of which I believe you speak) was named "General Belgrano".

Are you confusing it with the aircraft carrier "Veinticinco de Mayo" (Twentyfifth of May), which was named after Argentinas May Revolution in 1810 and ended its life as scrap in India?

I'm pretty sure that I've seen a bar in Patts with an Argentinian flag on it, and I think they'll be celebrating on the 25th, so perhaps you could pop along on the day and join their party?

They'll love it.

as this is totally off topic you should find a mod will remove it .............. as they do mine !

so, it's a sort of Mexican Oktoberfest? I could drink to that!!

at least it's not some silly Halloween or Thanksgiving something, that belongs and can stay above the border wink.png

Edited by tifino

They'll love it.

as this is totally off topic you should find a mod will remove it .............. as they do mine !

Shiver me Timbers, no no no

It all comes flooding back sinkingly though.

Here we have an epic non- battle,and yes I was wrong the sub could not get under the keel of the aircraft carrier if memories allow,too shallow a'water,fact is it was virtually sailing on dry land,saved itself from a fish.

But wait I was thinking of the battle of Sharnshitenhousen or something like any Kercher has been twitted of my overtures so there

They have a few types of tabasco on hand, and you can order the food extra-spicy...

I don't care for these bottled so-called Mexican hot sauces...most are an Americanized ketchupy version which is far from spicy.....

However if this is not enough, why not do like the real spicy-connoisseurs do and make/bottle your own sauce at home(and/or bring along a few thai bird chillies in your pocket).....most experts proactively take such action, rather than coming on blogs and engaging in endless critical bleating with some sort of obvious agenda....

At the restaurant they don't even offer bottled Mexican hot sauce like at Sams. Anyway they won't change. Everyone orders margaritas. Drunk enough who cares about flavor?

Tabasco is really wrong for Mexican food. That's disgusting.

OK though for Americanized chili.

I didn't see any bottles of anything there.

Not on any tables.

Not in the back either.

Did you really think I meant Tabasco sauce?

Egads!

I did not mean American bottled salsas either.

Egads!
I meant actual Mexican bottled NOT SWEET hot sauce, the type of sauce actual Mexicans would put in dishes like shrimp cocktail and tostadas. Dude, that is NOTHING like ketchup.

To add, Sams does offer that ... but I'm not saying I love the food there ... but credit is deserved for at least offering that flavor basic.

Now actual restaurant cooked real Mexican salsa, using the real ingredients, that's too much to ask right ... so I'm not asking.

I'm supposed to bring my own salsa or hot sauce to a restaurant?

Yes I admit I've done stuff like that sometimes, but I'd rather not, I'd rather a restaurant that sells itself as a Mexican restaurant offer basic flavor options on the table to fulfill that claim. Unreasonable, you think?

Also you think "MOST" people bring their own food to restaurants to fix the food at restaurants?

That's obviously not true.

It's quite an oddball thing to do.

Yes I have done it but you almost never see people doing that.

Edited by Jingthing