Honda Wave EFI 110CC

Does anyone know the "correct" procedure for changing the oil on this bike? I have 3 Hondas, two tell me to put it on the side stand and fill it with oil and check it that way but from what I can gather, the Wave should be done on the centre stand. (CBR250 and MSX can be filled on the sidestand)

Lastly, I probably took out the wrong drain plug, the one I took out it is at about 30 Degree angle to the sump, the bolt came out easy, had a crimp / crush washer but also had a very soft spring about 3 inches long, and a 2" piece of machined steel plug with holes in it at the top.

It looks like I opened the wrong drain bolt (Wifes shot piece of Thai Jet Trash Not mine) but would this be part of the Cam Tensioner? I have a Honda parts manual and it shows nothing at this angle with a spring, left / right or basic crankcase....maybe an older model?

Anyway, I just pushed everything back where it fell out and opened another bolt to drain the old oil, no there was none to drain, the bike had been run dry! 33000KM and runs as sweet as a nut, thank you Honda! Indestructible.

Edited by Vogele123

Sorry for late reply . The plug with the spring is the oil filter , it had a mesh for the oil filtration . Just ensure its clean every 2 or 3 oil changes . I think oil is checked with bike as near as vertical as possible - if no main stand , lean against wall . Cant help with oil drain bolt , take to dealer and ask him to show you . Ensure you add the correct ammount .

I have a 2008, this one is checked on the center stand, well in fact it doesn't has one, so I have to put it in center and check it then. With this procedure the filling cap with your gauge isn't screwed in, but only put thread on thread afterwards read the oil level.