How young are you?

Stan42

young enough to be off to New guinea,for work this week,see you all in 6 months or so,no wifi where i am,going.

Sorry but didn't you say a little

while ago that you had so much

money, you'd never need to work

again? Yes, I think you did.

Another Mitty exposed

he said he doesn't NEED to work, doesn't mean he isn't working....I'm 53 and 4 months by the way

BS He does need to work.

He doesn't have a choice

No actually i don't need to but i enjoy my stints over there,as i am out of Thailand,and in a different enviroment,also we have no personal wifi there,so i get a break from jerks like you,who think you know it all,i am sure you will come back with some froth laden response,but to be honest your a bore,and i am very happy i will no longer have to look at the garbage you put on here,not for 6 months anyway,toodle pip,and enjoy your noodles tonight.

Who forces you to visit this forum the rest of the time?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this have to do with Thailand?

Because I suspect that Thailand has three categories of farangs:

1. Rich old white guys who live here, probably with a local wife.

2. Young adults in their 20s who live here short time teaching English while gaining "third World experience".

3. Tourists.

If you belong to neither of the three, I am really interested in hearing your reason for living in Thailand.

I suspect you have a limited range of acquaintances and a very narrow view of life.

As a student in my early 20s I started off as a tourist. At 23 I became a teacher and that led to several other jobs over the next 20 years. I was having so much fun I didn’t slowdown and get married until my mid-forties. Now I am a rich old white guy with a younger local wife but we have been together for 18 years already, if that says anything about the quality of our relationship and the irrelevance of our age difference.
The point being people change and don’t necessarily remain in one category forever. Trying to put people in boxes doesn’t make much sense to me.

You're right there. I was a young whippersnapper back in the day, but I'd blush claiming the same thing now.

I'm twice as young as two of the blokes I work with put together, but still young enough to enjoy my job, enjoy a bike ride, and enjoy a drink.

SC

What does this have to do with Thailand?

Because I suspect that Thailand has three categories of farangs:

1. Rich old white guys who live here, probably with a local wife.

2. Young adults in their 20s who live here short time teaching English while gaining "third World experience".

3. Tourists.

If you belong to neither of the three, I am really interested in hearing your reason for living in Thailand.

I'm 40, female, and an expat. I don't think I could be further from your categories.

Can I be old, but not too old, retired waaay too early, fiercely hansum man with a thai wife actually as old as me?

Which bucket do I pick????

Take the one with beer in it... to be honest, although still quite young, I feel myself to old to be drinking beer out of a bucket

Above 20 below 30. Also not in your categories. Thats a bit narrow. Offshore workers, business owners, married with kids, australians who return monthly due to the fly in fly out phenomenon, students, pensioners, sex tourists, alchoholics, military/ex, pilots, garyglitters, digital nomads ..