Dropped hard drive - Data recovery in Chiang Mai?

MESmith

Dropped one of my backup hard drives on the floor from height of 30cm. Now it wont work - makes a clicking noise when I put in docking station & turn it on. Computer & TV usb don't recognise it. The data that's not backed up elsewhere is mainly tv programs & movies so not critical I recovery it. Anyone found anywhere in Chiang Mai that can recover such data?

I have heard many first hand horror stories about these so called pc engineers that seem to think that wiping data is easier than trying to recover it. Whatever advice you get still be very cautious that they are competent.

I heard the police are pretty good at recovering data from peoples computers. Not suggesting you take it to them hinting there is something incriminating there; but the police here are very helpful arent they at the sight of a browny!

Freezer wont work if your hearing a clatter sound . The arms are probably hitting your only hope is a clean room...

I feel my age now!

thats the most complicated line of computer terminology I have ever read.

Anyone understand that?

re

Anyone found anywhere in Chiang Mai that can recover such data?

try mr suchart

hes recovered most stuff off two dead hard drives for me in the last three years one @ 800 baht and one @ 1200 baht

give him a new drive to recover it to and he will take it away

and will bring the new and original drive back in two days ish ?

dave2

post-42592-0-85715400-1430824749_thumb.j

Yes, Suchart can do it... if the plates are able to spin.

You can tell if the drive is spinning simply by turning it on and putting your hand on it. No spin means the motor is shot, If instead of the vibration of spinning you are feeling a click, click, click pattern, it means the read/write arms are out of alignment, With either of these your only option is the commercial place in Bangkok. They have a Clean Room and the techs to open the drive, remove the plates, reload them into a drive that will spin the plates, and read the data. Costs a bundle!

a re-torqueing of the case covers will be involved, especially if you make the mistake opening the unit yourself for a peek.

with luck, retorqueing may be the only required action... especially with both rotation and clicking occuring

Archived