Transferring visa/extention/re-entry permit from old to new passport

Are you required to go to the Immigration Office where your visa was issued to transfer the stamp?

I live up in Udon. Since I will need to go to Bangkok to pick up my new passport, I was thinking of just going to a immigration office in Bangkok to transfer the stamp and get a re-entry permit so I can travel out of the country from there.

Is this possible?

The stamp transfer has to be done where you applied for your extension (is not a visa). It is the same for the re-entry permit unless you get one at the airport on departure.

Thanks Joe. I should've known, that would be too easy.laugh.png

Are you required to go to the Immigration Office where your visa was issued to transfer the stamp?

I live up in Udon. Since I will need to go to Bangkok to pick up my new passport, I was thinking of just going to a immigration office in Bangkok to transfer the stamp and get a re-entry permit so I can travel out of the country from there.

Is this possible?

The stamp transfer has to be done where you applied for your extension (is not a visa). It is the same for the re-entry permit unless you get one at the airport on departure.

Thanks Joe. I should've known, that would be too easy.laugh.png

-FlakeyFoont-

Its easy, no?

You are already in Bangkok and want to leave Thailand.

So same -Ubonjoe- wrote,

-Stamp transfer and re-entry permit you get (also) at the airport on departure.-

So instead of your idea, to make that transfer of stamp and the re-entry permit at a crowded Bangkok city Immigration, you can make that stamp and re-entry, when you depart from one of the two Bangkok Airports.

Same time. wink.png

I just made my stamp transfer at Suvarnabhumi in April. No problem.