Emirates Airline plane makes emergency landing at Phuket

webfact

Etihad is arabic for United (good pub trivia ammo for any Man City fans who are not aware of this) hence Etihad is the UAEs airline and not Emirates (Dubai hub) other than codeshare flights as stated earlier, all Etihad flight numbers are EKxxxx (Abu-Dhabi hub)

Some airlines put a blanket and seat belt over a passenger who has expired as if sleeping, surly if they have already gone, may as well take them home to thier loved ones or on Holiday...?

anyway RIP to the lady who passed

No, they are EY.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/etihad-airways-etd/

Etihad is arabic for United (good pub trivia ammo for any Man City fans who are not aware of this) hence Etihad is the UAEs airline and not Emirates (Dubai hub) other than codeshare flights as stated earlier, all Etihad flight numbers are EKxxxx (Abu-Dhabi hub)

Some airlines put a blanket and seat belt over a passenger who has expired as if sleeping, surly if they have already gone, may as well take them home to thier loved ones or on Holiday...?

anyway RIP to the lady who passed

I'm pretty sure that Etihad is the national airline of the UAE.

A great circle route from AUH-HKG goes nowhere near Phuket and in fact avoids all of SEA crossing North India, Myanmar and PRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you are aware of the ATC routes (airways) then? Aircraft do not fly randomly in IFR (instrument flight rules). Have a look at a Jepperson chart, that's what I trained with)

Yes of course, I have used Jeppesen charts exclusively since beginning my career. The article is misleading never mentions the jet was bound for Singapore, and even got the airline wrong. However for any aviation story we always still have posters who come in with some uttertosh. About HKT perhaps being a good alternate for a flight from the Gulf to Honkers based on great circle tracks, that would be rubbish of course. It was not clear if we were now talking about a flight to SIN, where of course Phuket would be a suitable airport for diversion and not far off track.

The last time I chimed in was the Asiana crash at Hiroshima recently where a guy said airplanes "can't skid" and don't use wheel brakes instead stop by "reverse thrust and deploying the flaps". I can see why somebody might hold this belief but obviously they never read it anywhere or heard it from anybody with any knowledge of the subject. People often post rubbish on this site as authoritative just based on some vague idea they have in their mind, even though I do not think it is malicious.

Here is the great circle route from AUH-HKG, and thanks to Flight Aware the last half of today's EK 382 from Dubai. There are many factors for pilots and dispatchers when flight planning to consider ATC preferred routes being one, but the driving force is always cost.

post-84769-14310812238847_thumb.jpgpost-84769-14310812472581_thumb.jpg

Edited by arunsakda