Electricity Bill - How to unenroll from direct debit?

I'm enrolled for direct debit for my electricity bill, I enrolled at a k-bank ATM, doesn't seem to give an option to unenroll, anyone know how to do this? I'm located at Onnut.

Thanks

Open a new bank account and just let the account with the automatic debit run on a minimum of a few Baht. After two attempts the MEA or PEA will stop automatically.
Everything else requires paperwork going back to Adam and Eve and you might not want to go there ..... giggle.gif

Is this auto pay available in Pattaya? I have Kasikorn and SCB banks, so how do I enroll in it ? Will I still get a paper bill each month showing my usage and that the bill has been paid? Thanks for your help.

Is this auto pay available in Pattaya? I have Kasikorn and SCB banks, so how do I enroll in it ? Will I still get a paper bill each month showing my usage and that the bill has been paid? Thanks for your help.

Yes it will work everywhere. I have the electricity co debit it from my credit card (Thai card) and they still send the paper invoice to me.

Yes it will work everywhere. I have the electricity co debit it from my credit card (Thai card) and they still send the paper invoice to me.

Thanks for that info.

When I asked my SCB bank about enrolling in auto-debit for my electric bill, I was told that I need to go to the electric dept. and bring back a form for the bank to certify my signature. Then I would need to return that same form back to the electric dept which is far away. Is there a easier way ? How did the OP poster enroll at the ATM machine ? I see no option for that at the ATM machine. Thanks for any help.

When I asked my SCB bank about enrolling in auto-debit for my electric bill, I was told that I need to go to the electric dept. and bring back a form for the bank to certify my signature. Then I would need to return that same form back to the electric dept which is far away. Is there a easier way ? How did the OP poster enroll at the ATM machine ? I see no option for that at the ATM machine. Thanks for any help.

I had to do as you described it. However, this was about 8 years ago.

That is how it has to be done. To insure that the correct account is debited the electric company ( also water company and TOT ) must provide the form. You go to the utility, obtain the form and then return it to SCB and the auto debit will start within a month or so. Electric company is more efficient so they take less time to start it.

Don't know where the OP got the impression that he must return it to the electric company but that is incorrect. Only one trip to the utility and one trip to the bank are required

Edited by Langsuan Man

That is how it has to be done. To insure that the correct account is debited the electric company ( also water company and TOT ) must provide the form. You go to the utility, obtain the form and then return it to SCB and the auto debit will start within a month or so. Electric company is more efficient so they take less time to start it.

Don't know where the OP got the impression that he must return it to the electric company but that is incorrect. Only one trip to the utility and one trip to the bank are required

My bank, SCB, told me that I must return the form back to the electric company as they(SCB) were only certifying my signature....Maybe some bank will kindly mail the form back for their customers.

If you use an ATM to pay your electricity bill, it should give you an option of setting up a standing order payment. That's what it did for me. As easy as pushing a button. No forms to fill out. Other utilities, like water board, weren't so easy however.

If you use an ATM to pay your electricity bill, it should give you an option of setting up a standing order payment. That's what it did for me. As easy as pushing a button. No forms to fill out. Other utilities, like water board, weren't so easy however.

I looked on the SCB , ATM machine and I didn't see any option for paying the electric bill....What machine did you use ? Thanks

I looked on the SCB , ATM machine and I didn't see any option for paying the electric bill....What machine did you use ? Thanks
Kasikorn

Kasikorn

Thanks...I'll take a look at Kasikorn.